Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Nothing about Mike Jones disgraceful performance on Saturday then .... oh
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Nightmare from the Past: Referee appointed for FC Basel vs. Manchester City
By City Watch Posted on February 12, 2018

Manchester City fans may have flashbacks to 2014 and a Martin Demichelis red card with news that Swedish referee Jonas Eriksson has been placed in charge of tomorrow’s Champions League tie against FC Basel.

City will face the Swiss champions in the first-leg of their Round of 16 draw, and it will be 43-year-old Eriksson with the whistle for his third Man City game.

The Blues have yet to win when Eriksson has had the whistle, with his first appointment coming all the way back in 2011 and the club’s introduction to the Champions League, a 1-1 draw against Napoli in which he handed out 5 yellow cards (only 1 to City).

More recently and vivid in the mind is the Round of 16 first-leg against Barcelona at the Etihad in 2016, when the game was finely poised at 0-0 before Eriksson sent off Demichelis for a challenge that was outside the box – but a penalty was given. Lionel Messi stepped up, scored, and City went on to lose 2-0.

Eriksson’s most recent Basel appointment was their shock 1-0 win over Liverpool in October 2014.

Pep Guardiola will hope for a much better result than Eriksson’s previous in charge of City when his team visit St. Jakob-Park tomorrow.

Full list of appointments for FC Basel vs. Manchester City:

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (SWE)
Assistant referees: Mathias Klasenius (SWE), Daniel Wärnmark (SWE)
Additional assistant referees: Andreas Ekberg (SWE), Stefan Johannesson (SWE)
Fourth official: Mehmet Culum (SWE)

UEFA hate us and will transmit that hatred to the CL refs - there’s no fucking way we are ever going to be allowed to win 1 nil against anyone so we have to take our chances and score 2 or 3 against anyone we play against .

Now about those two beers Carl ----- Wembley?

I wish I could mate but right now I’m tooooooo busy this side of the pond - I’ll be there for the title celebration though ))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Chinners wrote:Nothing about Mike Jones disgraceful performance on Saturday then .... oh

he tried hard to give them a break - did you see the foul on Laporte he ignored so they could set up their other chance? :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Chinners wrote:Nothing about Mike Jones disgraceful performance on Saturday then .... oh

He was on his best behaviour because of the protection kerfuffle in the meeja.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm

You shouldn't let yourself down with shit like this chinners mate.

He did his job properly for the most part, as have numerous referees that officiated our games this season, for the first time in quite a few seasons.

That's hardly remarkable. It's what should be commonplace.

But none of that means there hasn't been some remarkably poor officiating in some games.

Hence the remarks.

I think you know this brother. I really do.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm

heh heh, just having a laugh ... all football fans say jack about a ref after a victory like that as well you know too .... long may the season continue where the actual football rather than officials take center stage I say!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Chinners wrote:heh heh, just having a laugh ... all football fans say jack about a ref after a victory like that as well you know too .... long may the season continue where the actual football rather than officials take center stage I say!

Well said my man. Well said.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-cha ... rs?src=com

PA Sport
UEFA has told referees to protect players better by clamping down on serious foul play in European club competitions.

With the Champions League and Europa League set to resume this week, UEFA's chief refereeing officer Pierluigi Collina has asked officials to take firm action against players who commit reckless challenges.

The guidance comes less than a fortnight after Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola asked English referees to look after the game's "artists" by dealing with dangerous tackles more harshly.

In a statement, Collina said: "We need to have players playing, so they must be protected on the field.

"We do not want situations where a player's future is put in doubt because of serious injury caused by a challenge, whether it is intentional, or is unintentional and the player making the challenge is taking a risk of causing injury.

"Players must understand that they have to respect their opponents and show the same positive behaviour to them that they would want to receive themselves.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-champions-league/story/3381148/uefa-instructs-referees-to-do-more-to-protect-players?src=com

PA Sport
UEFA has told referees to protect players better by clamping down on serious foul play by Manchester City players in European club competitions.

With the Champions League and Europa League set to resume this week, UEFA's chief refereeing officer Pierluigi Collina has asked officials to take firm action against Manchester City players who commit what members of the british press could pass off as reckless challenges.

The guidance comes less than a fortnight after Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola asked English referees to look after the game's "artists" by dealing with dangerous tackles more harshly.

In a statement, Collina said: "We need to have players playing, so they must be protected on the field.

"We do not want situations where a player's future is put in doubt because of serious injury caused by a challenge, whether it is intentional, or is unintentional and the player making the challenge is taking a risk of causing injury.

"Players must understand that they have to respect their opponents and show the same positive behaviour to them that they would want to receive themselves.

Fixed it for you
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

My only problem with this is a my complete lack of trust in these 'headline pronouncements'.

Major institutions, politicians and the media are all guilty of promises and statements of policies, made in the public glare to convince and con the 'sheeple', only to then ignore or 'u' turn or allow what they have said to gently and quietly fade away.

I respect Collina, he was a top ref but do I trust UeFA, our FA, POGMOL?
I think this a 'wait and see' issue, we will know soon enough if the new policy becomes reality.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

john68 wrote:My only problem with this is a my complete lack of trust in these 'headline pronouncements'.

Major institutions, politicians and the media are all guilty of promises and statements of policies, made in the public glare to convince and con the 'sheeple', only to then ignore or 'u' turn or allow what they have said to gently and quietly fade away.

I respect Collina, he was a top ref but do I trust UeFA, our FA, POGMOL?
I think this a 'wait and see' issue, we will know soon enough if the new policy becomes reality.

Indeed. We have all heard ducks fart before.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Not to ruin anybody's CL match day, but..

The match officials to take charge of the upcoming Carabao Cup Final between Arsenal and Manchester City have been confirmed, with Craig Pawson named as the referee for the showpiece event at Wembley Stadium, which takes place at 4:30pm on Sunday 25th February

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Not too bad, we've only lost 2 of the 12 games when he's been ref, mind 1 was the FA Cup semi final v Arsenal
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:24 pm

CuteMancs wrote:Not to ruin anybody's CL match day, but..

The match officials to take charge of the upcoming Carabao Cup Final between Arsenal and Manchester City have been confirmed, with Craig Pawson named as the referee for the showpiece event at Wembley Stadium, which takes place at 4:30pm on Sunday 25th February

The very man who was in charge of the City v Spurs game earlier this season and we all know of the tackles he allowed in that game.
He was also the twatwho allowed Arsenal to kick seven colours of shite out of us in the Arsenal semi last season.Considering Collina's 'ref's have to protect players' pronouncement, this tells us all we need to know about how our football institutions regard UeFA's wishes.

NOT IMPRESSED ONE BIT.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Craig Pawson for the final

Great
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:Craig Pawson for the final

Great

And Anthony Taylor at Wigan
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm

john68 wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:Not to ruin anybody's CL match day, but..

The very man who was in charge of the City v Spurs game earlier this season and we all know of the tackles he allowed in that game.
He was also the twatwho allowed Arsenal to kick seven colours of shite out of us in the Arsenal semi last season.Considering Collina's 'ref's have to protect players' pronouncement, this tells us all we need to know about how our football institutions regard UeFA's wishes.

NOT IMPRESSED ONE BIT.

After the semis last year, I really think they have a cheek.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am

At least the corrupt linesman from last year's semi final is not at the league cup final.

Last years semi officials were
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistant Referees: Simon Bennett & Steve Child
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell

This year's league cup final is
Referee Craig: Pawson
Assistant Referees Gary Beswick & Adam Nunn. Fourth Official: Graham Scott
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:At least the corrupt linesman from last year's semi final is not at the league cup final.

Last years semi officials were
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistant Referees: Simon Bennett & Steve Child
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell

This year's league cup final is
Referee Craig: Pawson
Assistant Referees Gary Beswick & Adam Nunn. Fourth Official: Graham Scott

I don't think it matters if direction is given from higher.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm

stupid question, im sure, but wtf does the fourth official do besides preside over the substitutions and hold up the added time board?
i know they're the backup in case one of the 3 officials gets injured but can the 4th make any calls or anything?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus