Otamendi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Otamendi

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:35 am

What are his main attributes? Cos he looks short, fat and slow. Which isn't great for a centre back. I know Mangler looked dodge on occasion last season, but at least you could see he had the makings of a good centre back. I fail to see this with the hipster
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Otamendi

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:26 am

Fidel Castro wrote:What are his main attributes? Cos he looks short, fat and slow. Which isn't great for a centre back. I know Mangler looked dodge on occasion last season, but at least you could see he had the makings of a good centre back. I fail to see this with the hipster

I was not a big Lescot fan, but 70 mill later are we seeing world class replacements ?
Are they that much better, can they play on there own, not writing off anyone but injuries are another players chance. Players love an excuse, The ref an Lino had mares, but that game was easy if we are efficient. The scum are working as a team lesser talent than us, but a style that will haunt us if we squander chances and give cheap goals, we need to smash them to make a statement.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 am

MDM and Otamendi yesterday was like watching fucking Richard Jobson paired with Dunnie.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:Players love an excuse, The ref an Lino had mares, but that game was easy if we are efficient. The scum are working as a team lesser talent than us, but a style that will haunt us if we squander chances and give cheap goals, we need to smash them to make a statement.

Talking of the scum, no one has got any idea if they can deal with a series of shithouse decisions like we got yesterday because it has never fucking happened to them.

Otamendi looks like Demichelis did when he first came and that turned out OK in the end.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:17 am

Otamendi should of put the ball out for a throw in rather then try to watch it go out, he must of heard kane running behind him so he should of played the ball out futher up the pitch if he could, if not just put the ball out
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:12 am

Mase wrote:MDM and Otamendi yesterday was like watching fucking Richard Jobson paired with Dunnie.

I think Otter will be ok. These two need to tighten up quick though with Vinnie and Mangala both out until after the international break.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 am

The otter is a great centreback, no nonsense style. I concur with what Tokyo Blue wrote absolutely, pretty difficult to play your game when refs nullify it.

Otter also has the potential to be a great playmaker a la Hummels. Had Manny not been forced to go of against West Ham, which in effect forced the Otter to stay back in order to cover for MDM's turtle speed, I deffo think we could've won it. West Ham would not have been able to cope with that dimension of our play.

He will drop a clanger or two along the wya t hough. Seems to be his style. It is what it is.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:21 pm

He certainly looks good when he heads the ball. Is quite accurate from my observations.

He made some good tackles as well, despite the mistakes, and he made one very nice long pass to generate an attack as I recall.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Ottomendi has been dogshit. Slow, weak and stupid so far. Hopefully it will improve as it should once we play a goalkeeper with a semblance of ability and we adopt a more compact style. The manager needs to start earning his corn and he can start by setting us up to play on the break like we did against Roma last year.Dave and Kompany need time, We shouldn't be rushing them back.Ditto a half fit Ya Ya is no good to anybody.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:The otter is a great centreback, no nonsense style. I concur with what Tokyo Blue wrote absolutely, pretty difficult to play your game when refs nullify it.

Otter also has the potential to be a great playmaker a la Hummels. Had Manny not been forced to go of against West Ham, which in effect forced the Otter to stay back in order to cover for MDM's turtle speed, I deffo think we could've won it. West Ham would not have been able to cope with that dimension of our play.

He will drop a clanger or two along the wya t hough. Seems to be his style. It is what it is.

So no nonsense with a bit of nonsense.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:14 am

Some very harsh observations here. Had both this goals been rightly ruled out, he'd not be copping this much stick imo. He was good v west ham and good 1dy half v Spurs, 2nd half the whole team capitulated, give him time. Have we not learned that yet?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:56 am

Do we ever as fans give anyone time to settle.....ever?

KDB made a right gaff for their first goal and seems to have got off scott free with any form of criticism? IMO we go in at half time 0-1 it's a different story.

We need to learn to be a little bit more patient with players instead of passing judgment after playing two games.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:10 am

Sister of fu wrote:Do we ever as fans give anyone time to settle.....ever?

KDB made a right gaff for their first goal and seems to have got off scott free with any form of criticism? IMO we go in at half time 0-1 it's a different story.

We need to learn to be a little bit more patient with players instead of passing judgment after playing two games.

Re KdB, this is exactly the point. Inspite of offside etc.Spurs were still fluffing it. The goals was well taken,but was almost blocked.

KdB was not under pressure, he could have taken the ball to the side line as well.

Otamendi needs to understand that when under pressure, it is absolutely ok to welly the ball into row Z.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:35 am

Sister of fu wrote:Do we ever as fans give anyone time to settle.....ever?

you must've forgot what this is....this is a fan forum. patience doesn't exist here.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:52 am

So no nonsense with a bit of nonsense

Errrr... Yes! I'm glad I make sense.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:04 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Some very harsh observations here. Had both this goals been rightly ruled out, he'd not be copping this much stick imo. He was good v west ham and good 1dy half v Spurs, 2nd half the whole team capitulated, give him time. Have we not learned that yet?

I wholeheartedly agree that he needs time but what is annoying is that we're in this situation again, going into a season trying to bed in a new centre back from a foreign league, it feels like we're going round in circles.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:18 am

I wish i was as fat as the bearded one.

Also as good looking
Also as rich
Also as good at football

Some guys get all the luck.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:23 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I wish i was as fat as the bearded one.

Also as good looking
Also as rich
Also as good at football

He's got a tiny weiner
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:53 am

Mase wrote:

Also as good looking
Also as rich
Also as good at football

He's got a tiny weiner

I highly doubt that.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:16 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Mase wrote:

Also as good looking
Also as rich
Also as good at football

He's got a tiny weiner

I highly doubt that.

It's true mate. He gets changed like an 8 years old boy with the towel held around him while he changes his undies.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum