Our guy from Milano

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Our guy from Milano

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Mancini's excellent interview was perfectly timed for both the Manchester derby & the Derby d'Italia... I only wish that Jovetic could have won the match for Roberto, though.
I'm not sure how the BBC managed to find such a rare photo of Mourinho, with his arm around Mancini... I'd swear it looks photoshopped!:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34539462

I also liked this summary of Samuel Luckhurst's article for MEN, that quotes Fergie's latest fantasies... Fergie has now claimed that City won the 1-6 derby, because of Mancini's defence tactics!
"Former Man Utd manager has a deluded excuse for his side's defeat to Man City in the decisive 2012 Manchester derby."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... 2-10222674

Taggart actually said in his book that they were the better team, the score was irrelevant.

Wish I could copy that pic of Mancini's cheesy grin at the Swamp, that image warms the cockles of my heart.

And that gif of Mancini giving it the Piss Can at ours, truly legendary qualities that will never be forgotten.

I thought it was the 1-0 at the Etihad he said we won because of our defensive approach, you know the one where he changed his formation to try and get a draw an they never even bothered trying for the win that would have virtually guaranteed them the title.

Is that the one where he said they were going good/went for the win yet didn't have a shot on target?

Either way, lmfao. Get in!

Fucking great day that. We were so dominant that day I didn't even worry about conceding! The singing kept going well into half time too

I should watch a replay of that game one day

I've still not seen that or the QPR game yet, they just took too much out of me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Shaqiri told a funny story about King Bob Manc:

"One time I was injured and I needed to be ready for a game. He told me that there was a miraculous healer who lived in the mountains. I drove for half an hour in a car to have been manipulated by an old man, but he did not help me at all. I had no idea what happend, I literaly found myself alone in a forest listening to him (Mancini). This is also why Stoke City was the best choice: here there are seven physiotherapists, who will examine me everyday: hips, feet, legs. Everything in a professional manner"
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:11 pm

PeterParker wrote:Shaqiri told a funny story about King Bob Manc:

"One time I was injured and I needed to be ready for a game. He told me that there was a miraculous healer who lived in the mountains. I drove for half an hour in a car to have been manipulated by an old man, but he did not help me at all. I had no idea what happend, I literaly found myself alone in a forest listening to him (Mancini). This is also why Stoke City was the best choice: here there are seven physiotherapists, who will examine me everyday: hips, feet, legs. Everything in a professional manner"

haha character Bob! Love that guy!

As a side, Shaqiri is signing of the season so far for me. Can't believe Stoke got him!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 pm

Mase wrote:

As a side, Shaqiri is signing of the season so far for me. Can't believe Stoke got him!!

A true Manchester City legend is our Bobby Manc!!!!!

Signing of the season is Kevin DeBruyne or Dele Ali for me. Shaqiri has had about 3 great games and his best by a mile was against us
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:53 am

Mase wrote:

I can mate. Classic genius - in between the brilliance periods of "wtf are you doing?"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:38 am

edgeley blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

A true Manchester City legend is our Bobby Manc!!!!!

Signing of the season is Kevin DeBruyne or Dele Ali for me. Shaqiri has had about 3 great games and his best by a mile was against us

Alli is well overrated for me. Didn't Spurs have that Townsend kid that was 'the next big thing'? Where's he now? Agree that KDB is up there though mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:06 am

Alli is on another plane to Townsend. For starters, the former is a footballer.

Shaqiri is braindead & will never be a regular for a top club.

Mancini's a ledge.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:56 am

Refers to City as "we".

Legend.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Shaqiri is braindead

Most of them are, aren't they?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

Legend

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:Legend

Mancini is absolute legend. I thinkmit was time for him to go when he left but he will always remain as best City manager (so fa) we've had in my lifetime. Mind you, what Royle did with the team at the time was sensational as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Mancini is absolute legend. I thinkmit was time for him to go when he left but he will always remain as best City manager (so fa) we've had in my lifetime. Mind you, what Royle did with the team at the time was sensational as well.

I think Mancini was the best we'd had since Joe Mercer.

Loved the guy but I also think Kevin Keegan merits a mention as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I was probably biggest Kevin Keegan fan at this site. Breath of fresh air and considering we were heading nowhere at least it was always great to watch and you never knew what was going to happen next.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I was probably biggest Kevin Keegan fan at this site. Breath of fresh air and considering we were heading nowhere at least it was always great to watch and you never knew what was going to happen next.

I loved the way Keegan reckoned his squads really needed six strikers, to be able to function properly and to cover all bases.

A bit different from today's thinking.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 pm

loved kk and mancini

mancini is the best in my lifetime

it only went sour when he thought he could fuck about and invent new systems.. namely 352.. and Maicon.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Mancini was tactically light years ahead of keegan.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Justified logic » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:54 am

Didn't see Keegan's teams play but listened on the radio. Seemed City always needed to have a player sent off before they could score and win.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:07 am

Justified logic wrote:Didn't see Keegan's teams play but listened on the radio. Seemed City always needed to have a player sent off before they could score and win.

I can only remember Pearce against Wimbledon and Tiatto against Norwich for sending offs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:04 am

Nick wrote:loved kk and mancini

mancini is the best in my lifetime

it only went sour when he thought he could fuck about and invent new systems.. namely 352.. and Maicon.

Maicon was because he was denied players like Di Rossi, Alves and Buffon.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 am

There were times when Bob frustrated the hell out of us, boring games.

For me, Bobby was a big game manager. He knew how to play with the big ones and also our defence was maybe the best in the world when we won the title in 2012. Our defensive performance between 2011 and 2012 is something you teach in school.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum