Yaya hates the media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya hates the media

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm

All over Twitter that yaya has had a pop at te British media for not giving him any recognition and always running negative stories.

Next thing I read is the metro spinning it to say he might want to leave city.

He's not wrong
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Yaya hates the media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:21 pm

"In recent weeks, journalists have spoken about a new beginning for me. But what a new beginning?
I’m coming off a season when Man City finished second in the Premier League, which is the most difficult in the world. I scored twelve goals, I also had to leave the club to join my national team who were playing the African Cup. I missed almost two months (of Premier League football), and I then I was criticised for not scorinh as many goals as in the season before?!

You understand a little my disgust. Here, when it’s bad, they (British journalists) highlight the faults. When it’s good, they say nothing.

They have always used their little ways to annoy me to distracted. I often feel that I’m unhappy. A lot.
Here, things are never as they say should be. Shouldn’t we more interested in mentioning the positive rather than the negative, right?
We, Africans, when we do a good job, we like to be rewarded, recognized. Because if a player is given fair value, we move faster. That’s what I think.

When I came to City, in 2010, I heard people say here that I would kill football!
I arrived from Barcelona as a player who had not played too much the last few months, and they did not understand. The journalists spoke of my salary (about €1 million per month), saying that it was a shame. But I was just at this club to help it grow and win titles.

Many people, beasts, I must say, have laughed at me when I said that. They wondered what I, Yaya Toure, could do to change City. And then you saw what happened next? We almost won everything.
I did it, we did it because I was not alone, of course, but no one said a thing. It’s a bit disgusting.

These people are not very smart. I do not have the habit of making shock interviews, I only say what I think. I’ve suffered for years, and now I have decided to talk. I mean everything."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 pm

The man has impeccable taste.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Fuck the media I am sure is the Changing room attitude of most players. Just as it is with the fans. Fair play to him I say.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:51 pm

I don't blame him one bit for what he said. Ridiculous misinterpretation of the interview to suggest he's unhappy at City rather than unhappy with the media. Notice the sly way the article mentions his half time substitution in the Bournemouth game. Clearly done because the match was won at 4-1 and to keep him fresh for Wednesday. However, there is a ridiculous implication that Pellegrini was unhappy with his performance. Actually he played very well on Saturday but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. It kind of bears out Yaya's complaint about an unfair press.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Sorry, I knew I shouldn't read it, but it's like putting a 'Do Not Push' sign under a big red button.
That's just incredible. Do they not even get the irony of what they are printing. The interview was all about exactly what they just did with the interview. But they did it anyway with added gusto.
To say you couldn't make it up, is untrue, because they do regularly. Yaya points this out and they translate this as he's unhappy at City.

I'm beginning to think there may be some sort of 'agenda' at work here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Also folks don't forget it's the derby on Sunday.A negative story from the press very timely don't you think.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:01 pm

It's a load of rubbish, but actually I would be happy for them to wind Yaya up all week, the rags will feel his wrath.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Sorry, I knew I shouldn't read it, but it's like putting a 'Do Not Push' sign under a big red button.
That's just incredible. Do they not even get the irony of what they are printing. The interview was all about exactly what they just did with the interview. But they did it anyway with added gusto.
To say you couldn't make it up, is untrue, because they do regularly. Yaya points this out and they translate this as he's unhappy at City.

Not quite an agenda, but actually what the whole media is it about these days.

If you lot are familiar with South Park, the last episode they made a whole point on how everybody can become a YELP reviewer, even if their food knowledge is as "good" as Maureen"s character.

This is how the media is today, there is almost no soul in it, how it actually was in the past when only the real good were allowed to write. That article from above. for someone that has no idea about the subject, will think that Yaya is unhappy about his life at the club, not with the media and after the reader will understand, the magazine that did the bit will get the money from the click from accesing the link.

It is all about money, no more about real news. This is what they are doing now, nothing about the real subject that is in front of us.

Yaya unhappy at City will sell.

Yaya happy at City will not.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Even Yaya knows there's an agenda. Anybody would have thought there was a big Derby coming up!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Seriously , anyone on this site who thinks there is no agenda against our club by certain fuckign maggots in the media should be banned from the site........EVERY BASTARD DERBY THERES SOME SHIT SPOUTED ABOUT OUR CLUB IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.

MAGGOTS...FUCKIGN MAGGOTS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Seriously , anyone on this site who thinks there is no agenda against our club by certain fuckign maggots in the media should be banned from the site........EVERY BASTARD DERBY THERES SOME SHIT SPOUTED ABOUT OUR CLUB IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.

As always, after tonight's game the media will start to ramp it up and following the CL it'll be full throttle; you could set your clock by it.

And it is an agenda, does anybody really believe thses fuckers don't get their heads together. In the old days they'd meet down the pub in Fleet Street, these days they just do it under our noses in the Media Suite.

Cunts, the lot of them. As the way this story was reported by quite a few of the mainstream, even the MEN twittered about how Yaya ' Was sick of football', not the reality that he's just sick of them and their negative shit.

They 'Write what they want', and that's straight from the horses mouth.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Seriously , anyone on this site who thinks there is no agenda against our club by certain fuckign maggots in the media should be banned from the site........EVERY BASTARD DERBY THERES SOME SHIT SPOUTED ABOUT OUR CLUB IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.

Can't fault you Carl your onto it, in a flash.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 pm

gillie wrote:Also folks don't forget it's the derby on Sunday.A negative story from the press very timely don't you think.

Absolutely.

Same shit different Derby day...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 am

PeterParker wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Not quite an agenda, but actually what the whole media is it about these days.

If you lot are familiar with South Park, the last episode they made a whole point on how everybody can become a YELP reviewer, even if their food knowledge is as "good" as Maureen"s character.

This is how the media is today, there is almost no soul in it, how it actually was in the past when only the real good were allowed to write. That article from above. for someone that has no idea about the subject, will think that Yaya is unhappy about his life at the club, not with the media and after the reader will understand, the magazine that did the bit will get the money from the click from accesing the link.

It is all about money, no more about real news. This is what they are doing now, nothing about the real subject that is in front of us.

Yaya unhappy at City will sell.

Yaya happy at City will not.

It's a shame that Martin Samuels who is one of the best out there is employed by such an awful media outlet.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 pm

It was better journalism from Mike Keegan, to correct the previous distortions from Alex Sharp, also from the DM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... reted.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby phips » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:55 am

regardless of whether he's correct or not, the guy sure likes the complain huh?

no cake. not enough africans on the Ballon d'or shortlist. no enough love for his performances 2 seasons ago. too much criticism for last season.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 am

phips wrote:regardless of whether he's correct or not, the guy sure likes the complain huh?

no cake. not enough africans on the Ballon d'or shortlist. no enough love for his performances 2 seasons ago. too much criticism for last season.

This is l'equipe!!! We all know how bad they are. It's the French daily mail and talksport rolled into one.

Phips my missus is no different, still love her though.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 am

phips wrote:regardless of whether he's correct or not, the guy sure likes the complain huh?

I've never paid much attention to anyone's claims that you are a WUM but I must say I am yet to see you make a positive comment about city.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum