2 Gay Premiership Footballers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2 Gay Premiership Footballers

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 am

Don't care, none of my business.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:21 am

People saying it's not a big deal clearly haven't lived there lives as a lie. These players will want to be out as its shite prentending to be something you are not.

Look at Hitzlsperger for instance he had a sham marriage to a women. I bet he his a lot happier in life now that he he doesn't have to hide is dirty dark secret.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:38 am

It's a sad state of affairs when even in these times they have had to hide it in the first place.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 am

It would be fantastic for the player who leads the way to come to the etihad and get a standing ovation for his strength of mind and character to come out. Unless it's rooney :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:It would be fantastic for the player who leads the way to come to the etihad and get a standing ovation for his strength of mind and character to come out. Unless it's rooney :-)

My thoughts too Bob whoever it is who comes out should get a standing ovation at every ground he plays at.Sadly I think there are still too many bigots who watch football so it won't happen.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:As far as I know, no top flight player has ever come out. I think the player who took their own life was Justin Fasanu, after his career was over, but I could be wrong. Maybe I should have googled it to be sure.

Think he came out whilst still a player. Took his own life after his career ended.

Very sad, either way.

Yes he did come out whilst still playing, I remember this in particular because I was watching Bury vs Torquay back in the day, and instead of the normal 'woooooooah, you're shit ah' at goal kicks, the Bury fans that day covered themselves in glory by changing it to 'wooooooooah justins got a shitty dick'

Lovely
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:08 am

It must be tough, from previous experience the dressing room of teams cant half be macho,until the face creams,hair wax,eye brow pruners, hair dryers,UGGS and tight t shirts come out.

I think in this day and age it's a joke that players cant come out but i can see why they dont.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:15 am

Its not very fuckign wise to come out in this particular sport.

Off their heads if they do.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:51 pm

Why are they going to do this. What reason for such a decision.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ezz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm

I think no big deal will be made of it - it has happened in other sports.

Society makes the rules and I can't see mob culture ganging up on someone because they are gay nowadays.

Singing 'Posh spice takes it up the arse' is one thing - but I think it wouldn't be seen as a bit of fun to start actually singing that about a gay footballer. It would be seen as disgraceful behaviour and as bad as racism.
Ezz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Weren't city fans singing oshea takes it up the arse a few years back and then when Giggs came on in tights the chant was here comes another one. And that was at the Ethiad I can guarantee whoever it is as an away player will get the same treatment. I don't know why but they will
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Weren't city fans singing oshea takes it up the arse a few years back and then when Giggs came on in tights the chant was here comes another one. And that was at the Ethiad I can guarantee whoever it is as an away player will get the same treatment. I don't know why but they will

I think it was wolf whistles when Giggs came on in tights.

I think if it's a rag the line gets further and further away. I'd probably chant anything as long as it didn't involve the colour of someone's skin. That's me being honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:It must be tough, from previous experience the dressing room of teams cant half be macho,until the face creams,hair wax,eye brow pruners, hair dryers,UGGS and tight t shirts come out.

I think in this day and age it's a joke that players cant come out but i can see why they dont.

You're saying they don't come out because they don't want to share their hair or beauty products or their Uggs? Stingy bastards.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Mase wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:Weren't city fans singing oshea takes it up the arse a few years back and then when Giggs came on in tights the chant was here comes another one. And that was at the Ethiad I can guarantee whoever it is as an away player will get the same treatment. I don't know why but they will

I think if it's a rag the line gets further and further away. I'd probably chant anything as long as it didn't involve the colour of someone's skin. That's me being honest.

I tend to know that i have certain prejudices, and we all do so let's just be honest and not bullshit about it, and i fight hard as hell to make sure they don't inform or colour, punintentionally, any personal interaction i have so that i can judge people on merit and what they truly deserve, positively or negatively.

Those prejudices that i hold are borne of experience in life, but they don't mean that every person of a certain culture or race or nationality fits the profile even if many in my experience do, or did, in a certain time or certain locale.

I'll given an example since we're all friends here....Filipinos. Are they the laziest, trying to get over community of people in the world? Maybe not, but I wouldn't know that if i based it on the Filipinos who worked with me, for me or were around me in the SF Bay Area. And is their language the worst in the world? Maybe not, but...it's...fucking...horrific. And the sound of their English? The blub-blub-blub tones of both tagalog and Filipino English makes me want to stab myself in the ears. And the singing? And the basketball tho they are all midgets? And the fried fucking food? Could i go on about gaudy, Catholic, money-obsessed/gold digging, electronics-obsessed bullshit? A: Yes. I could.

Anyway, yes, i have some close Filipino friends. And yes they probably have 8 fucking televisions in their goddam house. And no i don't judge individuals by the broad strokes i painted above, tho in my very core when i write what i wrote above i'm not trying to be "funny" just trying to show that i do have these feelings at some level, and i realize that they cannot be universally applied to every individual you met in life.

That's the definition of not being a prejudiced, racist, homophobic asshole. You don't let the stupid shit that you think you might believe, or that your dad taught you or that 3 fucktards who worked in some office building with you when you were 25 dictate your world view. You take people as individuals and treat them with respect and fairness and give them what they earn, and expect the same in return from them.

Mabuhay.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Will they receive prejudice at every ground in the country? Or will fans who are homophobic towards them be ejected from the ground/start to have their season tickets revoked (with the possibility of further sanctions) until terrace attitudes change? (Or at least are held in check). There are laws in place to protect people 'in the work place' in these situations so the fans need to think carefully before making 'clever' chants once there are openly gay players.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

I tend to know that i have certain prejudices, and we all do so let's just be honest and not bullshit about it, and i fight hard as hell to make sure they don't inform or colour, punintentionally, any personal interaction i have so that i can judge people on merit and what they truly deserve, positively or negatively.

Those prejudices that i hold are borne of experience in life, but they don't mean that every person of a certain culture or race or nationality fits the profile even if many in my experience do, or did, in a certain time or certain locale.

I'll given an example since we're all friends here....Filipinos. Are they the laziest, trying to get over community of people in the world? Maybe not, but I wouldn't know that if i based it on the Filipinos who worked with me, for me or were around me in the SF Bay Area. And is their language the worst in the world? Maybe not, but...it's...fucking...horrific. And the sound of their English? The blub-blub-blub tones of both tagalog and Filipino English makes me want to stab myself in the ears. And the singing? And the basketball tho they are all midgets? And the fried fucking food? Could i go on about gaudy, Catholic, money-obsessed/gold digging, electronics-obsessed bullshit? A: Yes. I could.

Anyway, yes, i have some close Filipino friends. And yes they probably have 8 fucking televisions in their goddam house. And no i don't judge individuals by the broad strokes i painted above, tho in my very core when i write what i wrote above i'm not trying to be "funny" just trying to show that i do have these feelings at some level, and i realize that they cannot be universally applied to every individual you met in life.

That's the definition of not being a prejudiced, racist, homophobic asshole. You don't let the stupid shit that you think you might believe, or that your dad taught you or that 3 fucktards who worked in some office building with you when you were 25 dictate your world view. You take people as individuals and treat them with respect and fairness and give them what they earn, and expect the same in return from them.

Mabuhay.

Are you sat around a camp fire. Fookin hell. WTF is going on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Mase wrote:

So say I pulled you up at a game and asked you to stop homophobic chanting what would your reaction be? Serious question..
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:

So say I pulled you up at a game and asked you to stop homophobic chanting what would your reaction be? Serious question..

If it was me, It would all depend on if we were winning at the time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:

I very much doubt I'd be 'chanting' anything homophobic honestly, because it doesn't really bother me what people do in their private lives. But if I wolf whistled at Giggs and shouted 'you fuckin faggot' as a throw away comment and you pulled me up on it it'd depend if I was steaming or not. I'd like to think I'd apologise if I offended you, but I don't really know because I have never been in that situation. If you were male and I was steam boats I'd probably say let's do something about it if it bothered you that much. I really don't know in all honesty. I could go the other way and spend twenty minutes telling you how it offends me when people say 'Jesus Christ!' or 'For God sake' but I let people get on with it because they're not worth my time. Like I say, I'd like to think if it was a throw away comment I'd apologise.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:34 pm

there's 2 brothers playing in the bundasliga called sven and lars who are definitely benders
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum