Pellegrini's Selections

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pellegrini's Selections

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I stand by my last paragraph, He was only saved last season by the team putting a decent run together when there was nothing left for us to play for. There were no excuses for that team selection yesterday. He made us a laughing stock on terrestrial; television. Only he knows why he made that team selection. Maybe there was some Dummy spitting going on his part. I refuse to believe he didn't know what would happen with that midfield, it is not like it has not happened before, playing a side managed by Klopp.

Our obsession with Guardiola could cost us big time. Pellegrini knows he is a dead man walking, if Guardiola says he is coming next season.Yet Rumours are there is nothing definite yet, he might stay at Bayern. Or if leaving,Guardiola would prefer a job in the Capital, or being a closet Rag sycophant maybe the job at the swamp. This is a big problem for me. We have missed out on Klopp who in my eyes was a big upgrade on Pellegrini. (There again anything with a pulse is an upgrade). We obviously decided to stick with Pellegrini this season with Guardiola in mind for next season.

Look at our form this season.3 wins in the last 8 Premier League games. We are not certain to finish in the top 4 if this trajectory continues. This for me is concerning. What if Guardiola has mugged us off, for a bigger contract at Bayern, or ends up at Arsenal. Ancelotti is the only the decent manager available on the market at the moment. I think Guardiola needs to make his intentions perfectly clear to us. If he isn't coming then at least we can act effectively now. If we are nailed on for a top 4 finish then we stick. If we start to slide down the league with these inconsistent shit performances then we have to act.

He wasn't only saved by us putting a decent run together at the end. That claim is insulting to those that run our club.

Anything with a pulse is better than the man who has the biggest win percentage the Premier League has ever seen? Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Wow.
Someone has a serious agenda with pellegrini.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Can see Simione being at City rather than Ancelotti or Guardiola myself should Pellegrini not be there
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby TGR » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:Wow.

But with good reason to be fair. He hasn't taken the team forward one jot since he took over and we have gone from the best defence in the PL for three years on the trot to a complete shambles. He simply is not good enough for a club of our resources and ambitions these days.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Let's not forget Pellegrini's triumph in Seville only a few weeks ago. What I found particularly depressing about yesterday was his refusal to accept that he got his team selection and tactics totally wrong in the first half. That suggests in a match against a team of a similar quality he might make the same mistakes. That's not acceptable.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm

blues2win wrote:Let's not forget Pellegrini's triumph in Seville only a few weeks ago. What I found particularly depressing about yesterday was his refusal to accept that he got his team selection and tactics totally wrong in the first half. That suggests in a match against a team of a similar quality he might make the same mistakes. That's not acceptable.

Agreed, but what worries me the most is he didn't see it before kick off whilst the rest of us did. It's been the same in Europe on several occasions where he couldn't see the need to change the midfield numbers and set up.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:48 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I stand by my last paragraph, He was only saved last season by the team putting a decent run together when there was nothing left for us to play for. There were no excuses for that team selection yesterday. He made us a laughing stock on terrestrial; television. Only he knows why he made that team selection. Maybe there was some Dummy spitting going on his part. I refuse to believe he didn't know what would happen with that midfield, it is not like it has not happened before, playing a side managed by Klopp.

Our obsession with Guardiola could cost us big time. Pellegrini knows he is a dead man walking, if Guardiola says he is coming next season.Yet Rumours are there is nothing definite yet, he might stay at Bayern. Or if leaving,Guardiola would prefer a job in the Capital, or being a closet Rag sycophant maybe the job at the swamp. This is a big problem for me. We have missed out on Klopp who in my eyes was a big upgrade on Pellegrini. (There again anything with a pulse is an upgrade). We obviously decided to stick with Pellegrini this season with Guardiola in mind for next season.

Look at our form this season.3 wins in the last 8 Premier League games. We are not certain to finish in the top 4 if this trajectory continues. This for me is concerning. What if Guardiola has mugged us off, for a bigger contract at Bayern, or ends up at Arsenal. Ancelotti is the only the decent manager available on the market at the moment. I think Guardiola needs to make his intentions perfectly clear to us. If he isn't coming then at least we can act effectively now. If we are nailed on for a top 4 finish then we stick. If we start to slide down the league with these inconsistent shit performances then we have to act.

Yup we're fooked; qualified for the CL knock out stages, LC QF and 2 points from top of the PL; if we are top of the CL group, through to the LC SF, in the FACUP 4th round and still two points off the top of the PL in January, we will see threads about the quadruple, that's how fooked we are.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:54 pm

TGR wrote:

But with good reason to be fair. He hasn't taken the team forward one jot since he took over and we have gone from the best defence in the PL for three years on the trot to a complete shambles. He simply is not good enough for a club of our resources and ambitions these days.

Total garbage.

He instantly took us forward as soon as he took over, winning the double with a record number of goals. He took us further in the champions league as well.

He has the largest win percentage ever seen in the premier league as far as I know.

In fact, I think you just did a brain fart. I think you did a big smelly brain fart.
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:14 pm

He has made some huge errors of judgement which will haunt him. Why he can't see the obsious is baffling. However no matter what I don't think he will be manager next season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BrianF » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm

What I can't understand is the lack of effort, why do they expect other teams to sit back while they build up a leisurely slow pace ? He knew Klopp's tactics of pressing and harassing.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:11 pm

If Pellers carries on not learning from these fuckign mistakes in his set ups against SHITE LIKE THE BINDIPPERS, then Ill join the fuckign agenda!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm

BrianF wrote:What I can't understand is the lack of effort, why do they expect other teams to sit back while they build up a leisurely slow pace ? He knew Klopp's tactics of pressing and harassing.

You just know how the first half is going to go after 5 fucking minutes...YAYA was a lazy fuckign cunt who passed the ball back AT PACE more often than not.

Pellers has to learn to make a fuckign substitution during a half and not waiting for the accident to happen.

Still fuming !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:57 am

Original Dub wrote:
TGR wrote:

Total garbage.

He instantly took us forward as soon as he took over, winning the double with a record number of goals. He took us further in the champions league as well.

He has the largest win percentage ever seen in the premier league as far as I know.

In fact, I think you just did a brain fart. I think you did a big smelly brain fart.

Ronan just admit that Pellers fucked up with his selections like all the fuckin rest of us knew before kick off even Stevie Wonder would have seen that display coming.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
TGR wrote:

Total garbage.

Ronan just admit that Pellers fucked up with his selections like all the fuckin rest of us knew before kick off even Stevie Wonder would have seen that display coming.

He hasn't said otherwise Gillie. Fair enough, he fucked up against the dippers but some of the shit written in this thread is beyond the pale.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 am

Pellers won the double in his first season...who were our competition? We had a fairly easy run in for the Cup, and in the league we had Liverpool who have never won the Premierleague. If it wasn't for Palace and Slippy G we wouldn't have won it. Pellers got lucky there. We can't keep using that season as a reason to keep him.

I'm neither in the keep him or bin him off camp by the way.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 am

Mase wrote:Pellers won the double in his first season...who were our competition? We had a fairly easy run in for the Cup, and in the league we had Liverpool who have never won the Premierleague. If it wasn't for Palace and Slippy G we wouldn't have won it. Pellers got lucky there. We can't keep using that season as a reason to keep him.

I'm neither in the keep him or bin him off camp by the way.

Ah Mase, don't go all tabloid on us. The league is won over 38 games, not because of any one individual incident.

I'm not using anything as a reason to keep him as I believe the plan is he's gone this summer regardless.

I think he deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some though, like I said above he has the highest win percentage of any manager ever in the PL ( yes that's higher than the pisscan and the special cunt ). Things like 'anyone with a pulse would be better' or questioning how he has progressed us are just ridiculous when you look at the bigger picture.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:16 am

Massive week for us and Pellegrini coming up . Our Premier League form is a shambles and I have a horrible feeling Barca or Bayern are waiting for us in the next stage of the CL . I am still fuming from saturdays horrific shambolic collective fuck up ......... not felt this pessimistic and low for a long time , it needs fucking sorting Pellegrini !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 am

He should be dragged in front of the board to explain why he said he would play the same team selection again,he said he doesn't need to explain to the media why he chose that team !!! WELL HE SURE AS HELL needs to fucking explain it to the fans who pay to watch that shite !!!!

Id threaten to sack the cunt if he ever played that team again in similar circumstances.......stubborn cunt.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 am

Same error is the worry, City overun in MF is the concern. Sevilla at Home if they had finished the chances would have been his wake up call, ! He got away with it, Klopp reads him and exploits it, I would say Yaya thought the game plan is broken before we start its your funeral. To then let it develop into what we watched was piss poor on Pellergrini's part it has to be said. Barca did the same to Madrid, beat the 1st man with a pass reap havoc all night. Not good enough.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:50 am

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
TGR wrote:

Total garbage.

I said before the match I was worried Gillie.

He got it wrong on Saturday. He had a terrible game.
It's the rest of the knee-jerking I'm talking about. Like the bullshit above that he never improved us etc.

Some guy keeps referring to him as "The Chilean" in several different threads including this one and talking about him like he's a piece of shit that the club need to flush out. I'm not having that.

The most likely scenario is that he's gone in the summer any way. But there is a long way to go between now and then and no matter what anyone says, constantly missing two and three of the spine of the team at the same time throughout the season would kill another team, let alone hurt it.

It's about time that we started to go on one of those runs that we have enjoyed since he took over and to be honest, I think we are about to.

He's not the best manager in the world, but he deserves more respect than some of the garbage I'm reading on here.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum