Pellegrini's Selections

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pellegrini's Selections

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 am

I think on paper we have by far the best squad in the premier league and nothing but a comfortable triumph will satisfy me, anything less will be unacceptable...but worryingly Leicester City are two points ahead of us with a third of the season gone and they have scored more goals than us have only lost one game..We've lost three already.
Am I justifiably worried ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:51 am

Original Dub wrote:Just dropped in to see if there was any new corkers and I see we now have the suggestion of not only getting rid of the manager, but those responsible for our transfers.

Excellent.

Lucky he played Joe or it could have been 1-9
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 am

Sparklehorse wrote:I think on paper we have by far the best squad in the premier league and nothing but a comfortable triumph will satisfy me, anything less will be unacceptable...but worryingly Leicester City are two points ahead of us with a third of the season gone and they have scored more goals than us have only lost one game..We've lost three already.
Am I justifiably worried ?

Can you back up your belief we have "by far" the best squad in the Premier League? For me we probably do just about have the best squad all positions considered but there's fuck all between us and our main competitors when you look at it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am

Of course there's fuck all between us. There certainly is spending-wise.

I hate how much the media is able to influence these reactions. When we are flying along, everyone recognises and aknowledges that the media are biased and agenda-ridden.
Yet as soon as we hit a dip, it's like reading the fucking Mirror. All the shit comes out:

"easily the best squad in the league"... "City should be running away with it"... "Look at the money they've spent"... blah fucking blah.

We had arguably our worst day since the take over on Saturday. I'm not stupid, I know it's not good enough. If we were to ship out managers and players as often as some of you lot on here propose, it would be a long fucking time until we ever won a league again.
Original Dub

Postby Dimples » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Spot on OD.

The over reactions here are incredible.
In the space of a few games the mood swings from fantastic highs to the pits of despair and back up again.
With the lows come the amusing over reactions: sack the manager, replace the people in charge of transfer policy, etc...

Sure there are concerns and some of the selections appear strange from the outside looking in.
But who knows what instructions the manager is getting from the policy makers in the club.

The strategy given to him could well be:

Currently, priority one is topping CL group and PL is priority two.
CL semis or quarters are required to drive revenue growth for the club.
Therefore, don't worry unduly about Liverpool game.
There are 26 games left to pull the dropped points back.
Focus on Juve - play Aguero if it sharpens him up for Juve, take no risks with Silva, etc...

The manager's selections have delivered the following:

1. We are 2 points of the top of the PL with 26 games to go, in position to top a tough CL group, motoring in the LC.
2. This has been delivered mostly without our three rocks: Agureo, Silva, Kompany
3. The manager's selections has our team playing fantastic attacking football, an absolute joy to watch
4. He has introduced variety into the squad, so we now have several ways of playing, plans A, B, C....

Re transfers:

1. We improved the squad over the summer - De Brown, Sterling and Delph make it much stronger and flexible (and will do so for a long time)
And some people want the transfer guys (and the manager who had a say in this) sacked - WTF?

I am relaxed - things are good - nicely poised.
If we stay injury free over XMAS I expect us to be back on top of PL in January

On last thing: MU are doing well - 1 point above us - right?
Would you want a manager that served up that drivel week in week out - I would not
Even if they do finish above us - so what? I'd still prefer to watch Pelle's teams
Would you want to watch the crap dished out by scumbag Moaniho at Chelsea - I would not

For the record - IMO MU will not finish above us - unless they pull 2 or 3 rabbits out of the hat in January transfers.
They will be found out over XMAS/NY - will enjoy watching this - provided I can stay awake!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 pm

two games he has made changes we get mullered, Spurs away has ruined Calamitybra we play like a drain at the swamp fail to breakdown Villa, shite v Norwich and Liverpool could have and posted 10. From the minute we saw the team we knew it was going the wrong way for us Saturday night. Sacking him is crazy, however if he persists with such things he will be fired because he is a stubborn fucker, who does not learn from his mistakes.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby TGR » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:two games he has made changes we get mullered, Spurs away has ruined Calamitybra we play like a drain at the swamp fail to breakdown Villa, shite v Norwich and Liverpool could have and posted 10. From the minute we saw the team we knew it was going the wrong way for us Saturday night. Sacking him is crazy, however if he persists with such things he will be fired because he is a stubborn fucker, who does not learn from his mistakes.

I'm with you fella.
Some people refuse to see it or hear it.
The Chilean gets away with it due to the sheer quality of our squad. We win games in spite of him and not because of him.

Lets get going on the DoF shall we?

Apart from the Negredo deal (both ways) I just don't see where he has got us 'value'.
He made the squad the oldest in the PL and had to spend zillions to correct 3 years of mistakes on this front.
We have severely over paid for Mangala = oh deary me we have!
We have considerably over paid for Sterling - £49m when no other team were remotely interested in him and he was effectively refusing to play for Liverpool.
We paid absolute top, top dollar for KDB and got screwed unmercifully by Wolfsburg for him..
We have way over paid for the very blunt instrument that is Bony.

I could go on but why bother? The fact is we are still wholly reliable on the players that Gary Cook brought in years ago.

I guess it's all about opinions and we all have different ones but lets just take off the blue tinted spectacles once in a while and have a good look around us...
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:03 pm

This one has definitely been on before, under another guise...
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:06 pm

"We win games in spite of him"

There's nothing drives me up the wall more than this statement being spewed out by the whingers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:two games he has made changes we get mullered, Spurs away has ruined Calamitybra we play like a drain at the swamp fail to breakdown Villa, shite v Norwich and Liverpool could have and posted 10. From the minute we saw the team we knew it was going the wrong way for us Saturday night. Sacking him is crazy, however if he persists with such things he will be fired because he is a stubborn fucker, who does not learn from his mistakes.

zackly.

finally we agree.

we're not in some amazing run of form and had a blip...we're scraping it at times, and flattering to deceive at others.

Reminds me of the year we won the league in 2010-11 where we were all fucking angry and fighting about Mancini's tactics, etc and then the team basically just seemed to take it on themselves, plus Tevez's return from the wilderness and Mancini's brilliant mind games with ole whisky nose. And voila...champions.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Grandad Rosler » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:10 pm

ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Image

He died mid game?

Oh well such is life.

Think a piece of us all died during this game. Shambles
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"We win games in spite of him"

There's nothing drives me up the wall more than this statement being spewed out by the whingers.

Big time.
Original Dub

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:Of course there's fuck all between us. There certainly is spending-wise.

I hate how much the media is able to influence these reactions. When we are flying along, everyone recognises and aknowledges that the media are biased and agenda-ridden.
Yet as soon as we hit a dip, it's like reading the fucking Mirror. All the shit comes out:

"easily the best squad in the league"... "City should be running away with it"... "Look at the money they've spent"... blah fucking blah.

We had arguably our worst day since the take over on Saturday. I'm not stupid, I know it's not good enough. If we were to ship out managers and players as often as some of you lot on here propose, it would be a long fucking time until we ever won a league again.

I didn't mention money, and I'm certainly not influenced by what the media say.
Aguero the best striker in the premier league !
Silva the best midfielder in the league
Hart arguably the best goalie in the league
Komps the best defender in the league (apart from last season's blip)
KDB a legend in the making (the best first touch I've ever seen)
Sterling on his day terrific
Bony will be very good for us in the long run.
Otamendi already a legend and on the score sheet.
We have so much quality in depth that I think we should be walking the league.
Admittedly we have had a couple of annoying injuries, but name me a squad that comes close to ours ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Of course there's fuck all between us. There certainly is spending-wise.

I didn't mention money, and I'm certainly not influenced by what the media say.
Aguero the best striker in the premier league !
Silva the best midfielder in the league
Hart arguably the best goalie in the league
Komps the best defender in the league (apart from last season's blip)
KDB a legend in the making (the best first touch I've ever seen)
Sterling on his day terrific
Bony will be very good for us in the long run.
Otamendi already a legend and on the score sheet.
We have so much quality in depth that I think we should be walking the league.
Admittedly we have had a couple of annoying injuries, but name me a squad that comes close to ours ?

Chelsea, Arsenal, U****d.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:40 pm

I am not moaning just watching and being fair. He tinkers with his MF and every time we get smashed, Saturday was like Barca last season done and over inside 30 mins, Pellers needs telling teams with Iniesta, Coutinio given time and space will rip you a new one. The same if teams said to Merlin crack on son have a nice evening. Never happens does it. Well once at the swamp. I agree with Doomster the players heard his plan and the rest is history.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

zackly.

finally we agree.

we're not in some amazing run of form and had a blip...we're scraping it at times, and flattering to deceive at others.

Reminds me of the year we won the league in 2010-11 where we were all fucking angry and fighting about Mancini's tactics, etc and then the team basically just seemed to take it on themselves, plus Tevez's return from the wilderness and Mancini's brilliant mind games with ole whisky nose. And voila...champions.

cheers

As someone artfully pointed out...we won the league in 11-12 and not the year prior.

Plonkeriffic. I'll try not to kill myself for my sins.

Cheers Tim for pointing out how big a fucktard I am. Most others are just used to it it seems.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Stuart Brennan @ MEN tweeting just now we only have 2 CBs available for selection tomorrow in Turin . Kompany , Mangala and Zaballeta all out ! Question he is asking is has Mangala been dropped after Saturdays debacle ? Either way its Otamendi and MDM starting according to him .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:59 pm

City64 wrote:Stuart Brennan @ MEN tweeting just now we only have 2 CBs available for selection tomorrow in Turin . Kompany , Mangala and Zaballeta all out ! Question he is asking is has Mangala been dropped after Saturdays debacle ? Either way its Otamendi and MDM starting according to him .

Which begs the question why allow Deneyar out on loan and a 1 yr extension for a top player who has been shown to lack pace, Demi is sadly vulnerable when he gets no protection, again no pressing or pace in MF it kills him and the Mango who again without the perfect set up looks way short at this level.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Mangala might be in the right frame of mind - I'm concerned for Sagna too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby TGR » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:This one has definitely been on before, under another guise...

Nope. Wrong again.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum