Pellegrini's Selections

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pellegrini's Selections

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:56 am

We got outplayed for large periods v Norwich a few weeks back in another horror show , there keepers last minute howler saved our and Pellegrini,s blushes that day , could see disaster as soon as THAT team selection was announced Saturday eve . We were fucking shite at Villa also , Pellegrini,s limitations embarrassingly exposed again .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 pm

So who is a better manager from Pelle, since he is so SHITE!!!

This manager you suggest better
1. Win the League his first stint
2. Win the CL his first stint
3. Go undefeated
4. Play the same 11 because the Fans say so
5. just be better.........

I truly am falling out of love with you fickle fans, most of you have never played a season of football that's plain to see, its embarrassing to say the least. Kolorav, Yaya, and the CB's had an awful game, these things happen. Add to it that they all just got back from internationals and its quite clear to see this is probably just an off day. But noooo throw the toys out the pram. ITS ONE LOST PUSSIES
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:So who is a better manager from Pelle, since he is so SHITE!!!

3. Go undefeated

I truly am falling out of love with you fickle fans, most of you have never played a season of football that's plain to see, its embarrassing to say the least. Kolorav, Yaya, and the CB's had an awful game, these things happen. Add to it that they all just got back from internationals and its quite clear to see this is probably just an off day. But noooo throw the toys out the pram. ITS ONE LOST PUSSIES

Obviously your happy with our Premier League form of late and all is rosy in your garden Mr fucking loud mouth ! Bin Dippers had internationals away so did almost every other team in the Premier so you can fuck off with that lame excuse for Pellegrini,s fuck up on Saturday . No one is saying sack the cunt just expressing the obvious we have been seriously shite in the league the last half dozen games or so . Crack on anyway !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:So who is a better manager from Pelle, since he is so SHITE!!!

3. Go undefeated

not only is it not "one lost" it's not even "one loss" that's the probs.

Flew out of the gate. Won the league by Oct. Sitting in the tar puts end of November.

The thing that angers me, and what angers most fans i think, it's Pellegrini's arrogance (or naïveté, or stubbornness...take your pick).

At this stage he shouldn't be so...fucking...basic.

And he pretty much could have sleptwalk through a week of planning, even with the INTL break, and guessed what Klopp might do. Press in patches and make his team fast, aggressive and plucky.

So...he puts out basically a one man midfield, of which no amount of tentacles could have stemmed the amount of running and through balls. Sits our best healthy defender, and basically ensures that we play to bomb it in from the wings with a fucking midgets vs giants story. And on top of that we are defending like cunts for pretty much the entire first half, and a good part of the second and he doesn't ever want to come to grips with it.

And yet we created chances. That's how good we are. And yet if Joe Hart wasn't a fucking hero it would have been 6-1 or 7. or 8. Shambolic stuff...worst city defensive performance i can remember since the capitulation at Boro but that was hardly even a match. It was clear what was happening there from the body language and rumours.

i expect nothing more than the Count doing his best, and he didn't do his best on Saturday, or in the days leading up to Saturday. That much was obvious. He knows that as well. I promise you that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Original Dub

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm frustrated as anyone with some of his team selections but I genuinely really like Pelligrini he's a proper gent, a breath of fresh air compared to some of the complete wankers managing in England.I want him to succeed to show that you don't have always haveto be a complete and utter cunt to come out on top.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 pm

I couldn't understand his refusal to put Nacho on against Villa and I couldn't understand the team and tactics against Liverpool. He's an arrogant stubborn manager.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I'm frustrated as anyone with some of his team selections but I genuinely really like Pelligrini he's a proper gent, a breath of fresh air compared to some of the complete wankers managing in England.I want him to succeed to show that you don't have always haveto be a complete and utter cunt to come out on top.

Agree with those sentiments but he needs to raise his game after Saturday,s shambles .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bayblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:58 pm

I think he genuinely believes that the players are intelligent and skilled enough to play in whatever formation is picked and against whatever team we face. Maybe that's naive but for sure I like the guy a lot, he's improved us in his time with us, he's a great ambassador for us and I hope that most fans don't knee jerk into a get rid campaign when all is still to play for.

And who else would we have? I simply don't believe even an Ancellotti (or however it's spelt) is an improvement.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:52 pm

bayblue wrote:I think he genuinely believes that the players are intelligent and skilled enough to play in whatever formation is picked and against whatever team we face. Maybe that's naive but for sure I like the guy a lot, he's improved us in his time with us, he's a great ambassador for us and I hope that most fans don't knee jerk into a get rid campaign when all is still to play for.

And who else would we have? I simply don't believe even an Ancellotti (or however it's spelt) is an improvement.

i don't think a guy who's won probably more than 2 dozen pieces of silverware in his career as a player and a manager really could offer much more. The Count won fuckall until he started dating us, then suddenly his cock is engorged and he can spray jism to the ceiling, right? There's no comparison imho. Only a couple guys i'd have in instead of the Count, but i'd say the list grow with each fuckbuddy performance like the weekends where he basically takes a warm dump all over me. For fun.

It's one fucking L btw...he's not as greedy as you think.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 pm

It could always be the case that the club have priorised the CL and C1C over the game with the Dippers, that can be the only explanation for me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I'm frustrated as anyone with some of his team selections but I genuinely really like Pelligrini he's a proper gent, a breath of fresh air compared to some of the complete wankers managing in England.I want him to succeed to show that you don't have always haveto be a complete and utter cunt to come out on top.

I agree with that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 pm

City64 wrote:We got outplayed for large periods v Norwich a few weeks back in another horror show , there keepers last minute howler saved our and Pellegrini,s blushes that day , could see disaster as soon as THAT team selection was announced Saturday eve . We were fucking shite at Villa also , Pellegrini,s limitations embarrassingly exposed again .

We didn't get outplayed vs Norwich at all. They just parked the bus and that's it. The reason why they were even in the game in the first place was because of Hart's clanger.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
City64 wrote:We got outplayed for large periods v Norwich a few weeks back in another horror show , there keepers last minute howler saved our and Pellegrini,s blushes that day , could see disaster as soon as THAT team selection was announced Saturday eve . We were fucking shite at Villa also , Pellegrini,s limitations embarrassingly exposed again .

We didn't get outplayed vs Norwich at all. They just parked the bus and that's it. The reason why they were even in the game in the first place was because of Hart's clanger.

We were piss poor that day but stuck at it , I remember well everyone around me in 121 saying if we were playing a decent team we would we get hammered . Norwich aren't a pressing team like the dippers but they hit it us on the break and kept the ball well when they broke out of defensive mode . Yes we all know about Harts clanger but as a team we were ineffective v Norwich , it was awfull !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 pm

"Punctured bicycleon a hillside desolate will Nature make a man of me yet?
When in this charming car this charming man
Why pamper life's complexitieswhen the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?
I would go out tonigh tbut I haven't got a stitch to wear
this man said "It's gruesomethat someone so handsome should care"A jumped-up pantry boy who never knew
his place
he said "return the rings"he knows so much about these things he knows so much about these thingsI would go out tonightbut I haven't got a stitch to wearthis man said "It's gruesomethat someone so handsome should care"This charming manthis charming manA jumped-up pantry boywho never knew his placehe said "return the ring"he knows so much about these thingshe knows so much about these thingshe knows so much about these things
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:35 pm

dazby wrote:"Punctured bicycleon a hillside desolate will Nature make a man of me yet?
When in this charming car this charming man
Why pamper life's complexitieswhen the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?
I would go out tonigh tbut I haven't got a stitch to wear
this man said "It's gruesomethat someone so handsome should care"A jumped-up pantry boy who never knew
his place
he said "return the rings"he knows so much about these things he knows so much about these thingsI would go out tonightbut I haven't got a stitch to wearthis man said "It's gruesomethat someone so handsome should care"This charming manthis charming manA jumped-up pantry boywho never knew his placehe said "return the ring"he knows so much about these thingshe knows so much about these thingshe knows so much about these things

You should put some music to that.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:51 pm

MP has shown himself to be incredibly naive many times. It's not hindsight. His selection was pulled apart by most on here on Saturday before kick off. His midfield set up in Europe has been so wrong and he seems to be the last one to spot it. I like the bloke but I often think he is simply not good enough.
Then I think he must have something given he won the double, but he didn't have a bad squad when he started did he. If it is time for him to move on at the end of the season, then maybe there will be room in the taxi for those in charge of our transfers in.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm sure we all want him to succeed, not least as we want the club to. And it would be great for nice people to win stuff. But Klopp seems nice, Guardiola seems nice, so it's not mutually exclusive. Whilst I don't want a complete knob like Maureen, I'd prefer a winner to just a nice bloke.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:17 pm

pellegrini's selections sounds like a radio4 programme
or an aldi antipasto range
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Just dropped in to see if there was any new corkers and I see we now have the suggestion of not only getting rid of the manager, but those responsible for our transfers.

Excellent.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum