Is Ya Ya Finished...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Is Ya Ya Finished...

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Is Ya Ya finished at our level ?

In my opinion, he is at least a stone over weight, maybe 2. Blowing out of his arse.To me he looks done at our level. Unless he is used in the future very sparingly as an impact Substitute. Last season it was apparent especially in the big games, and European nights, he was in decline.

I think part of the problem we have at City right now is that Ya Ya is the Elephant in the room. Nobody has the balls to tell him there are better options in our squad than him. No way is he fit enough to play in a midfield 2. Even in a midfield 3 there is a much better options like playing KDB in his natural position. When Silva is back I really don't think Ya Ya should get a sniff anymore as a starter.

YaYa decline also correlates with some of our worst performances from this season and last. There is a connection with that midfield 2 and costly defeats in the big games.

Pellegrini also has to take some blame. He should be able to see what we fans have been seeing on the pitch for a while ,he has been hanging him out to dry with his system.

Ya Ya has been a great servant for us. One of the main reasons we have been successful in the last few years. His performance at Newcastle away in our title winning year, ranks as one of the best individual performances I have seen as a City fan. There is no room for sentiment in football .I don't want to see that midfield 2 in action again with an aging player who is clearly over weight. and in decline. Hopefully we have learned that lesson yesterday.(i hope)thanks for the memories Ya Ya.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Is Ya Ya Finished...

Postby reni800 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Agreed. I suspected we'd get beat as soon as I saw the line-up (as well as the centre-back pairing, but that's another discussion).
reni800
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Can't disagree with any of that. The other players see giving the ball to Yaya as a safe choice and easy option but he's not keeping it and can't win it back so we end up defending against a marauding team and we're a man down. Not good enough anymore.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:09 pm

I hate kneeler reactions. However yesterday was appalling and I am hoping Yaya and the rest of the team decide to show us it was a one off. I know he has not been anywhere near good enough this season and he needs to step up or step out.

The problem is. Delph, fernando and fernandinho are ahead of him now and he shouldn't get a look in.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby roblues » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:11 pm

reni800 wrote:Agreed. I suspected we'd get beat as soon as I saw the line-up (as well as the centre-back pairing, but that's another discussion).

As bad as the pair were yesterday, were they not statistically our best pairing last season?

Game was lost in midfield (possibly before a ball was even kicked) and Yaya was frequently on the wrong side of the ball, jogging in his attempts to rectify the situation. He is done for the big games, still thinks he offers a good, direct option for goals against teams who sit in deep.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:12 pm

No, he isn't finished, but his role in the squad needs to be re-evaluated. As Zabba says in the OP and what a lot of us have discussed lately, is that there simply is not the place in a starting midfield of two. His influence in games, especially in the big games, is waning. An impact substitute for the bigger games is probably where his role will become. If he is happy with that, then great. If not, then sell him. Simples.

He is a huge influence in the dressing room and on the training field and is the sort of player the lads in the EDS will look up to for advice and inspiration. For these reasons I'd prefer to keep him, but we shall see.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:52 pm

He's one of the best players I've ever seen. Not just in a City shirt I mean for anyone. But the fact is its only on his terms. Next week he could decide to pull his finger out and have an absolutely quality match. The week after he might fancy a stroll and we end up losing because of that. You've got players like Navas who aren't as naturally gifted as Yaya but week-in week-out put an absolute shift in and you can't fault them for that.

It's not a case of whether Yaya is finished, it's more does he want to be finished. The ball is, and always has been, in his court.

Whether City can rely on and afford to carry a player like that is a different question. And the answer is no. Not for where we want to be.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby TGR » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 pm

We have had his best days that's for sure.
If we can get £20m+ for him then we should get rid.
A genuine City legend without a doubt but his best days are behind him.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Can't disagree with any of the points made by the OP
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:57 pm

TGR wrote:We have had his best days that's for sure.
If we can get £20m+ for him then we should get rid.
A genuine City legend without a doubt but his best days are behind him.

There is no way we will get anywhere near £20m for him

I'd take £10-15m and even that might be a tad optimistic
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby TGR » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Knowing our DoF we may get some conkers a frog and an old pair of Adidas training shoes for him or maybe he might swap him for a pair of 'cow horn' bike handle bars...
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:06 pm

one way ticket to nyc?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:17 pm

I still think he's got something to give, but not in the position Pellers put him in yesterday. Further up the field he can be influential, without any specific defensive responsibilities.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I still think he's got something to give, but not in the position Pellers put him in yesterday. Further up the field he can be influential, without any specific defensive responsibilities.

Spot on. Also, a drop in form happens to all players now and again but you don't get rid. I could name a few that have less to offer than big daddy.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby kennyboy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:26 pm

This thread could be interesting..
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:30 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I still think he's got something to give, but not in the position Pellers put him in yesterday. Further up the field he can be influential, without any specific defensive responsibilities.

Spot on. Also, a drop in form happens to all players now and again but you don't get rid. I could name a few that have less to offer than big daddy.

I like it when we have the 2 Fern's and Yaya given a freeer role. Him and Fernandinho interchange which gives their defence real problems.

His legs maybe going but he's still got a lot to give. Yesterday was terrible, but that was more the system and selection rather than just Yaya being lazy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Targeted by Klopp,and Pep, he has been amazing but is a passenger when sides press and target his area. Pellers does not help matters with formations that Klopp predict and plan for and dismantle. No surprise what unfolded. Will happen again, which is more scary for a team like us, let's be honest we had no idea how to stem the tide 1-6 would have been fair, the manager is lucky he did not get a ton of stick at HT and FT. Yaya without minders is yes close to finished.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby plf blue » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:24 pm

you cannot be sentimental about this should be dropped ,sad to say but if we want to be the the best the best should play and yaya is not the player he was
plf blue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tommy booth

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:one way ticket to nyc?

Kaka makes usd$8m per year plus endorsements. Not a bad shout for someone who is 3 years past being done in Europe and 8 years past his best.

Yaya has one more European stop for a couple seasons before he'd take that little cash in America.

Inter would be my guess. 7m in Jan? Sure fuck it. Send him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:08 pm

He is not finished, he is just lacking interest and did, with a few exceptions, from the Cake-gate. Of course, he will say that City did something when his brother died and so on.

Of course, the club reacted with class: http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014 ... 1403268960

I am sorry to say, he is a legend, many amazing memories, that game with Newcastle when he almost single handed brought us a huge part of the title, but as a human, he is a cunt.

Maybe he is a likeable person to be around, I mean, always see players laughing with him, but when it comes to him showing respect for a club that took him from carrying the boots of the starts of Barcelona and making him a start, he acts like a knobhead.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum