Is Ya Ya Finished...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Ya Ya Finished...

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:10 pm

To me this "play him up the field" is not backed up by reality. The fact is Ya Ya even when we pick the two Ferns keeps coming back into our half to pick the ball up BECAUSE ITS THE EASY OPTION. He's been cheating us and his team mates for 18 months now,He would be the first "things to do" on any new managers list. Unfortunately its also glaringly obvious that Pellegrini doesn't want to deal with it. In my view its been poisoning the team for a long time.As for 20 million quid, if he goes before his contract is up he will be a free or close to it because his wage demands are impossible, which is why Mancini didn't take him off our hands and nothing to do with Ya Ya's supposed loyalty. He has been the best all round player we have ever had but we should have moved him on a long time ago.We have to see if Fernandinho and de Bruyne can step into the attacking midfield role before the former is too old and the latter gets frustrated at being second choice to someone who has unfortunately become a liability.Pellegrini can whine all he likes but even the 86 year old guy behind me knew that midfield two selection yesterday was bollocks.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:39 am

One small thing I would add is that he definitely should never be captain. He displays none of the qualities needed.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby harveytravis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:17 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:One small thing I would add is that he definitely should never be captain. He displays none of the qualities needed.

This was my main gripe watching lope around the pitch yesterday. He never seems to yell at players. He was brilliant. He isn't now.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:To me this "play him up the field" is not backed up by reality. The fact is Ya Ya even when we pick the two Ferns keeps coming back into our half to pick the ball up BECAUSE ITS THE EASY OPTION. He's been cheating us and his team mates for 18 months now,He would be the first "things to do" on any new managers list. Unfortunately its also glaringly obvious that Pellegrini doesn't want to deal with it. In my view its been poisoning the team for a long time.As for 20 million quid, if he goes before his contract is up he will be a free or close to it because his wage demands are impossible, which is why Mancini didn't take him off our hands and nothing to do with Ya Ya's supposed loyalty. He has been the best all round player we have ever had but we should have moved him on a long time ago.We have to see if Fernandinho and de Bruyne can step into the attacking midfield role before the former is too old and the latter gets frustrated at being second choice to someone who has unfortunately become a liability.Pellegrini can whine all he likes but even the 86 year old guy behind me knew that midfield two selection yesterday was bollocks.

It's been fairly well documented that Yaya decided to stay at City following a meeting with Khaldoon, Mancini's reaction to Yaya staying at City has also been well documented so don't talk turd.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:11 am

Its an issue Pelligrini needs to sort, he needs to face up to it, before its too late.
Playing Yaya further up the pitch is not the answer. Doing that means KDB or Silva loose out, no way should that happen. He would be useless on the flanks.
The truth is we have better central midfield options now and Yaya needs to be benched for all difficult games. He still has a role as a sub.
Really hope he does not start at juve or arsenal. But Manuel will bottle it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:34 am

Bollocks to a lot if what's veen written. As long as he doesn't play every game he'll still contribute plenty.

He'll still bring the magic this season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:50 am

Still a fantastic player , can't believe the stick Yaya is getting after Pellegrini,s total fuck up on Saturday night . Yes Yaya,s best years are behind him but for Pellegrini to select him in that role was pure suicidal against an energetic pacey pressing dippers outfit , absolute shambolic management at the highest level .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 am

Yama is beyond useless off the ball so he really is a luxury. The 'solution' is not to play him as a no 10. He needs to play deeper where he can see the play and make one of those irresistible surges up the pitch or pick a defence opening pass. That does mean picking others to do the bulk of the defensive work though especially when we're playing centre backs who aren't confident in the first place. With Silva fit you do wonder whether you can pick the two Ferns and Yaya and Merlin though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:59 am

The blind love for Yaya and refusal to accept he offers nothing for the team when he doesn't want to is worse than my love for Al
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 pm

harveytravis wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:One small thing I would add is that he definitely should never be captain. He displays none of the qualities needed.

This was my main gripe watching lope around the pitch yesterday. He never seems to yell at players. He was brilliant. He isn't now.

He was yelling at them a lot on Saturday.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Mase wrote:The blind love for Yaya and refusal to accept he offers nothing for the team when he doesn't want to is worse than my love for Al

Well your bum buddy was awful on Saturday he offered nothing either going forward or backwards.
Awful showing and back to the old Mr Hard man heavy crosses snide drag back self.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:32 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Mase wrote:The blind love for Yaya and refusal to accept he offers nothing for the team when he doesn't want to is worse than my love for Al

Well your bum buddy was awful on Saturday he offered nothing either going forward or backwards.
Awful showing and back to the old Mr Hard man heavy crosses snide drag back self.

I only caught 30 seconds of the match but from the 30 seconds I saw he was easily a man of the match contender.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Blind love ??? Yaya has been immense for us for most of his career at City , absolute pivotal in our title winning years and FA cup success earning legend status along the way ......... How can you not respect a player who has achieved that for your club is beyond me ??? Yes every player has a shelf life and age is catching up with him but he is far from finished . Making Yaya a scapegoat for the shit tactics and team selection Pellegrini employed is just wrong IMHO .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

He's by no means a write off but it's obvious he's been struggling to reach anywhere close to the level we are used to seeing him produce.This season I can't think of any outstanding performances from him, certainly none of the man of the match performances we are used to seeing.

In previous campaigns his ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and deliver moments of magic have made him such an important player but this season he's not been able to provide that same kind of drive.

I thought the decision to ease up on international duty would revitalise him but it's not been evident so far, he still looks like he's in pre season mode, just hasn't got the fitness levels.

It sounds like a cheap shot but I can't help but feel that his football could really benefit from him shedding a few pounds.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby reni800 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 pm

roblues wrote:
reni800 wrote:Agreed. I suspected we'd get beat as soon as I saw the line-up (as well as the centre-back pairing, but that's another discussion).

As bad as the pair were yesterday, were they not statistically our best pairing last season?

Game was lost in midfield (possibly before a ball was even kicked) and Yaya was frequently on the wrong side of the ball, jogging in his attempts to rectify the situation. He is done for the big games, still thinks he offers a good, direct option for goals against teams who sit in deep.

It was more in relation to how little game time both have had this season. It's never good to just throw anyone into such a big match in those circumstances! Also, the last time they played together we also lost 4-1, to Spurs...
reni800
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:02 pm

reni800 wrote:
roblues wrote:
reni800 wrote:Agreed. I suspected we'd get beat as soon as I saw the line-up (as well as the centre-back pairing, but that's another discussion).

As bad as the pair were yesterday, were they not statistically our best pairing last season?

Game was lost in midfield (possibly before a ball was even kicked) and Yaya was frequently on the wrong side of the ball, jogging in his attempts to rectify the situation. He is done for the big games, still thinks he offers a good, direct option for goals against teams who sit in deep.

It was more in relation to how little game time both have had this season. It's never good to just throw anyone into such a big match in those circumstances! Also, the last time they played together we also lost 4-1, to Spurs...

That was Demi/Otamendi
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:14 pm

City64 wrote:

Blind love ??? Yaya has been immense for us for most of his career at City , absolute pivotal in our title winning years and FA cup success earning legend status along the way ......... How can you not respect a player who has achieved that for your club is beyond me ??? Yes every player has a shelf life and age is catching up with him but he is far from finished . Making Yaya a scapegoat for the shit tactics and team selection Pellegrini employed is just wrong IMHO .

Who's saying they don't respect what he's done for the club mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:24 pm

To be honest he doesn't even look like he's trying to look busy. He's been a lazy cunt for a while but this season is a different level.

If he can't at least work hard then it's time to say bye.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:

Who's saying they don't respect what he's done for the club mate?

Making him the scapegoat for Saturday is just ridiculous mate .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bayblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:04 pm

I think now we have Sterling and KdB we can be less reliant on him than previously, as well as the bonus that Fernandinho has been fab this season.

Yaya has been our go to man for several years. All the play goes through him. For a big guy his touch is fantastic and when he hasn't been in the team we haven't controlled the game half as much.

I think this has changed with this year's signings as we now have more threatening movement upfront and more players to worry the opposition defence. I think the two Ferns genuinely could replace him if we had Dave and KdB with Serge and Raheem.

But would I sell him? No chance. He's still got plenty to offer and given our injury rate we will need him a lot this season.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum