Real Madrid. What goes out must come in

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Real Madrid. What goes out must come in

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:01 pm

With rumours Tranny and Isco and possibly even Benzema will depart Madrid next summer and their business model of getting in a superstar every year, is anyone else a tad concerned their sights will be on Kun?

I really hope he stays, but there are very few, if any, players who turn Madrid down if they come calling. There aren't too many strikers in world football who are at Kuns level, Lewandowski maybe, but would he leave Germany?

Maybe the fair waiter will leave and Ronaldo will stay but I reckon Perez will offload him if he can as his price will only rapidly decrease thereafter. He then has to buy a replacement. Is our Director of a Football dumb enough to trade Tranny for Kun?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Real Madrid. What goes out must come in

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:08 pm

You're forgetting our owner has a special relationship with Real Madrid - they are just about the only club that we will come out and officially deny interest when linked with one of their squad.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Not worried one bit.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:34 pm

His injury record would have an impact on any potential transfer, I think he would stay.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:46 pm

sheblue wrote:His injury record would have an impact on any potential transfer, I think he would stay.

You bring up a valid point re:injury record with us but what was his injury record like at Athleti anyone know?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:54 am

nottsblue wrote:With rumours Tranny and Isco and possibly even Benzema will depart Madrid next summer and their business model of getting in a superstar every year, is anyone else a tad concerned their sights will be on Kun?

I really hope he stays, but there are very few, if any, players who turn Madrid down if they come calling. There aren't too many strikers in world football who are at Kuns level, Lewandowski maybe, but would he leave Germany?

Maybe the fair waiter will leave and Ronaldo will stay but I reckon Perez will offload him if he can as his price will only rapidly decrease thereafter. He then has to buy a replacement. Is our Director of a Football dumb enough to trade Tranny for Kun?

Tranny would not come to City and we certainly don't want him. Kun has a job to finish here and I trust him to do just that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 am

gillie wrote:
sheblue wrote:His injury record would have an impact on any potential transfer, I think he would stay.

You bring up a valid point re:injury record with us but what was his injury record like at Athleti anyone know?

Just checked Wiki and in 5 seasons at Athleti he played a total of 175 league games although in his first season he was'nt a regular starter in which he made 9 starts so it looks like his injuries are a trend that sadly started since he joined us.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:09 am

gillie wrote:
gillie wrote:

Just checked Wiki and in 5 seasons at Athleti he played a total of 175 league games although in his first season he was'nt a regular starter in which he made 9 starts so it looks like his injuries are a trend that sadly started since he joined us.

Saw this tweet a couple of weeks back:

"Before joining Manchester City, Sergio Aguero missed 0, 1, 1, 7, 6 La Liga games in his five seasons with Atletico Madrid."

Since joining us he has missed 4, 8, 15, 5 Premier League games.

It seems his injury issues had begun in his last two La Liga seasons.

( this is just going off appearances made in both leagues, don't have the figures for cups )
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Just had a terrible thought. Now MP has finally convinced most of us of his tactical weaknesses who will replace him? The fat waiter? I can't stand the thought of that but if Pep does have his eye on another job could this open the door for this tosspot? It is a serious question given podgey does have a bit of a reputation in the Champs league.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:18 pm

I think I will worry about these nightmare scenarios (Sergio going, Benitez coming) if they happen. A lot else to worry about before then. Fact.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 am

Seems the Pep rumours are gathering pace

http://www.cope.es/detalle/pep-guardiol ... 2623420001

And ESPN have Messi coming to keep him company

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/transfer-t ... ester-city?

All these names, all that money, and who the fuck have we got in nets on Saturday!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Return to The Maine Football forum