Kevin Brown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kevin Brown

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:10 am

Has been shit for a month.

Discuss.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: Kevin Brown

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:11 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Has been shit for a month.

Discuss.

cheers

Yeah I agree. Scarily I've notice it more in the big games.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby roblues » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 am

Made all of our best chances and could have had three assists on a different night, but I still agree that his overall performance was just not there and his attempt to slow down Pogba on their break for the goal was laughable.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:14 am

kevin de maria
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:50 am

No chance.

Created three great chances alone in the second half yesterday that should of been three goals. If we are going to score its likely to come from him. I want to see him in the centre not out wide, a free role is where he does damage. A break wouldnt do him any harm either but to say hes been shit for a month is bollocks imo.

We are desparetly lacking a striker at the moment, once Aguero gets back fitness watch KDB shine.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:55 am

Dubciteh wrote:No chance.

Created three great chances alone in the second half yesterday that should of been three goals. If we are going to score its likely to come from him. I want to see him in the centre not out wide, a free role is where he does damage. A break wouldnt do him any harm either but to say hes been shit for a month is bollocks imo.

We are desparetly lacking a striker at the moment, once Aguero gets back fitness watch KDB shine.

It's either one extreme or the other isn't it? Great or shit.

I agree with your assessment Dub, on another night he has two assists. How sumptuous was that ball over the top to Aguero?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:58 am

I wouldn't single him out as being any worse than the vast majority of the rest of them.
The truth is most of the players have been below par for the last month or so for some reason, the only exception is Seville away.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:No chance.

It's either one extreme or the other isn't it? Great or shit.

I agree with your assessment Dub, on another night he has two assists. How sumptuous was that ball over the top to Aguero?

Absolutely delicious, what a ball!!!! a fit aguero puts that away and we are talkin about it for years. He also set up sterling for his miss, and delivered the corner for the free header for fernando that yaya nearly got to. Hes shit tho....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dub City » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:26 am

The ball to Sterling was a sitter but his levels do seem to have dropped off since the rags match but that could also be due to missing Silva and Aguero beside him. Whats most worrying to me is in the last 4 league games we have scored once from open play against Liverpool, a penalty and from corner v Norwich and blanks v rags and Villa. Against Villa 3 chances inside 6 yards and none taken, last night clear chances not taken. Really need Aguero to find his form quickly and Bony to start chipping in again. At this level missing chances and getting punished is getting too common.
I know in the same period was 5 in league cup and 3 away to Seville but a month ago we were going into each game thinking we will get 3 or 4 every game. Big game at weekend now v Saints.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby bayblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am

No surprise that he's looked a bit less effective since Silva got injured as he's got less space to operate in. Once Dave is back he will no doubt about it look a better player again.

The thing I like about him is that he's always positive and looking to make stuff happen. That means on occasion he gives the ball away and that's dangerous against the best teams where one mistake can lose the game.

As for the ludicrous comparison with Di Maria then I presume it was a joke......
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:50 am

I think it is a combination of the factors already mentioned above. With a fully fit Sergio he would have stuck the chance that Sterling had away and we are taking a fully deserved point home with us. The main thing for me is that we are not zipping the ball around with confidence and pace and allow teams to set themselves while we attack. Sagna and Jesus' link-up play is not great sometimes coupled with Clichy's poor delivery from out wide so there wasn't many decent balls into the box from the wings.

When we did get a decent ball in from the wing (which came from Kevin) we should have scored. Think he needs a brief rest as well having been relied as our main creative spark since we have been hit by injuries and he will play a major role for us this season.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:23 am

I think KDB is quality but needs a proper rest. That's not going to happen soon as Silva is not fit for Saturday. Sterling is a much bigger worry as he simply is not good enough for us, KDB is.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I think KDB is quality but needs a proper rest. That's not going to happen soon as Silva is not fit for Saturday. Sterling is a much bigger worry as he simply is not good enough for us, KDB is.

a proper rest?! wtf! you mean like tranny and messi don't ever have but still always perform at the highest level?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:35 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I think KDB is quality but needs a proper rest. That's not going to happen soon as Silva is not fit for Saturday. Sterling is a much bigger worry as he simply is not good enough for us, KDB is.

a proper rest?! wtf! you mean like tranny and messi don't ever have but still always perform at the highest level?

Ronaldo was very hit-and-miss during his first couple of years in England, and he wasn't the destructive force he is now in his first year in Madrid. There's scope to mix things up a bit, even with Silva and Nasri out. Delph actually looked pretty good on his brief cameo last night.

I don't think KDB is playing as poorly as has been made out but he has gone off the boil slightly. I'd stick with him for now.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:38 am

He's still creating chances for his team mates. The only gripe I've got is the way he let's people go passed him easily. Pogba did it on a few occasions last night where KDB didn't even make the effort to keep up with him. Other than that he's class.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:56 am

Just imagine how shit we would have been without him. He is one of our better more consistent performers.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 am

Set him free and stop shoe horning others in. He has the quality to do whatever he wants for 90 mins others don't.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ray78 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:32 pm

The same as Sterling in that both are still finding their feet at the club and it doesn't help when both Silva and Nasri are injured and we cannot rotate much.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Shouldn't be stuck on the wing. Fuck Yaya off
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:10 pm

He's great with the ball and two footed as well. Unfortunately he's pretty shit without the ball. All this talk about playing a high line and pressing yet it doesn't suit many of our players eg Yaya De Bruyne Sterling. Always tricky to get technically gifted players to do their defensive duties of course. Still we can't afford so many players disappearing as the Opposition launch a counter attack. Our defence isn't good enough to cope.

Pogba or de Bruyne last window? The Club balked at Juve's huge demands but he's a heck of a player and covers the ground. Now Barca will probably get him.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum