Arsenal Away

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Arsenal Away

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:56 am

The Seville performance away with Sergio in for Bony, all be it for for 60 mins, would be s great starting point for me, No stupid risks early doors, get an early goal and do them on the break if we have too.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Quite fearful of what could happen on Monday, but also a bit hopeful that this is where we decide to turn up.
If only we were capable of a clean sheet.

Turning up is the key and with the right formation which must not and I am sure will not have 2 in the middle of the park with 1 being Yaya

Midfield of Delph dinho Yaya and silva with ageuro on top and KDB in the hole and swapping sides with the Magician as needed to keep them on their toes to get some width.

Sterling and Navas at the ready to run around at the 60 min mark against tired legs.

Quite excited to see what the undead vampiric old cunt will do with the setup. Will he overthink it?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Quite fearful of what could happen on Monday, but also a bit hopeful that this is where we decide to turn up.
If only we were capable of a clean sheet.

Turning up is the key and with the right formation which must not and I am sure will not have 2 in the middle of the park with 1 being Yaya

Midfield of Delph dinho Yaya and silva with ageuro on top and KDB in the hole and swapping sides with the Magician as needed to keep them on their toes to get some width.

Sterling and Navas at the ready to run around at the 60 min mark against tired legs.

Quite excited to see what the undead vampiric old cunt will do with the setup. Will he overthink it?

Cheers

I'd go with that but I'd have Sterling instead of Aguero and let Silva play central of the forward three like he did against the Munchie Gladbacks.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Bony instead of Aguero. Wilfs been in good form recently and Aguero is never sharp in his first game back from injury.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:02 pm

bigblue wrote:Bony instead of Aguero. Wilfs been in good form recently and Aguero is never sharp in his first game back from injury.

50,000 at the Etihad last Saturday would totally disagree with you pal . Bony can't and won't fucking run !!! how does that make him a better option than Sergio ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:06 pm

City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:Bony instead of Aguero. Wilfs been in good form recently and Aguero is never sharp in his first game back from injury.

50,000 at the Etihad last Saturday would totally disagree with you pal . Bony can't and won't fucking run !!! how does that make him a better option than Sergio ?

a 50% fit sergio is 200% better than pony
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:

Everytime ! Lovin Bony,s nickname ..........

The Wheelie Bin ! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:19 pm

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:

I love how we abuse our own too.

Who needs rival fans eh? We'll abuse our players ourselves, thank you very much.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:

I love how we abuse our own too.

Who needs rival fans eh? We'll abuse our players ourselves, thank you very much.

Abuse ????
Get a fucking life ! Every city player has some sort of nickname FFS !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Aguero is generally shit when coming back from injury. Short memories chaps.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Aguero is generally shit when coming back from injury. Short memories chaps.

Good point. Start Nacho and then decide depending on how the game goes whether we can start to give Sergio some match time
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby bigblue » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 pm

City64 wrote:

First off, don't associate all other City fans with your Bony boo-boy shite.

Bony has been playing well the last few games, scoring regularly, and providing some good assists. He holds the ball up well, gives us an extra threat on corners, and gives defenders something different to think about than small skillful pacey guys. He's helping us win games (like vs Monchengladbach) and being a productive member of the team. Why the hate?

And really, really short memory on Sergio pal. The Sergio Cycle® happens about 2x a season and goes as follows: unplayable/word class -> injured -> off the pace/getting back to full fitness/generally poor -> unplayable/world class.....

I would much, much rather play Bony than Nacho. The kid is great but this is too big of a game to start him in. He'll get plenty of time to play over the season, and may even get a late goal if we've lucky. But no rush at all.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby TGR » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Dreading this game darlings - I really am!
On current form of the two teams we could be in for another pasting like the Stoke game.
Sergio coming back should make a difference and if Vinny is fit then we may have a chance.
However very much looks like a home win to me.
3 - 1 to the Arse.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

Bony has been playing well the last few games, scoring regularly, and providing some good assists. He holds the ball up well, gives us an extra threat on corners, and gives defenders something different to think about than small skillful pacey guys. He's helping us win games (like vs Monchengladbach) and being a productive member of the team. Why the hate?

And really, really short memory on Sergio pal. The Sergio Cycle® happens about 2x a season and goes as follows: unplayable/word class -> injured -> off the pace/getting back to full fitness/generally poor -> unplayable/world class.....

I would much, much rather play Bony than Nacho. The kid is great but this is too big of a game to start him in. He'll get plenty of time to play over the season, and may even get a late goal if we've lucky. But no rush at all.

Err hang on a min .........
No "hate" RE Bony from me . In my opinion he makes us pedestrian , that doesn't make me hate him you thick fuck ! We have only scored 7 goals away from home so far this season and 3 of them came in the first game away at WBA , those stats should tell you we are shite upfront without Aguero . That's not Bony,s fault he just doesn't suit our system , most city fans can see that week in week out with there own eyes , Yes he has chipped in with some important goals and assists but you would expect that from any forward that wears a city shirt these days with the sublime quality around him and providing endless chances . I hope Bony proves thousands of us city fans wrong over the next couple of months but I cant see it happening , square peg in a round hole scenario !!! Yes Aguero is made of glass these days it seems but having him 70% fit we are far more effective than an immobile Bony imho . We need to buy another striker in January if we are to win silverware this season , our goal tally is way down and we are leaking goals ............. that's not hate just an opinion from a passionate lifelong blue !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:00 pm

TGR wrote:Dreading this game darlings - I really am!
On current form of the two teams we could be in for another pasting like the Stoke game.
Sergio coming back should make a difference and if Vinny is fit then we may have a chance.
3 - 1 to the Arse.

There's the view from the Stretford End.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:18 pm

TGR wrote:Dreading this game darlings - I really am!
3 - 1 to the Arse.

No shame in losing to Arsenal. It's not like they are one of the weakest teams in the league like, say, Bournemouth.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:56 pm

dazby wrote:No midweek game. It'll make a difference and potentially be a classic.

i think the extra time between matches could have a positive influence too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:29 am

City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

Err hang on a min .........
No "hate" RE Bony from me . In my opinion he makes us pedestrian , that doesn't make me hate him you thick fuck ! We have only scored 7 goals away from home so far this season and 3 of them came in the first game away at WBA , those stats should tell you we are shite upfront without Aguero . That's not Bony,s fault he just doesn't suit our system , most city fans can see that week in week out with there own eyes , Yes he has chipped in with some important goals and assists but you would expect that from any forward that wears a city shirt these days with the sublime quality around him and providing endless chances . I hope Bony proves thousands of us city fans wrong over the next couple of months but I cant see it happening , square peg in a round hole scenario !!! Yes Aguero is made of glass these days it seems but having him 70% fit we are far more effective than an immobile Bony imho . We need to buy another striker in January if we are to win silverware this season , our goal tally is way down and we are leaking goals ............. that's not hate just an opinion from a passionate lifelong blue !!!

So 3 of our 7 away goals came in a game Bony was leading the line for us?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 am

Arsenal's form is no better than Borussia Moenchengladbach's was and they are no scarier. I would not take a draw. I think we can win and win well if the players apply themselves as we know they can. And the manager picks a midfield that can help defend a bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Start Nacho

dare to dream
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus