Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:36 am

No injury according to Martinez, would be nice if we could get behind Kompany hes been absolute legend for the club.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... o-martinez
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Green & Blue wrote:No injury according to Martinez, would be nice if we could get behind Kompany hes been absolute legend for the club.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... o-martinez

Legend as right.
Some of the negative stuff about him online is pathetic, very raggy-esc comments. Some people spouting this raggy spoiled shit need a stern word with themselves.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Kompany an absolute legend / warrior and leader for us . Deserves so much better than some of the shit being dished up online !!! Class player and class person and City through and through give the guy a fucking break FFS !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:08 pm

So you're not allowed to have a differing opinion to a happy clapper without being called a rag. Interesting...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 pm

I don't think it's a differing opinion pal.

Vinny has made some mistakes with regards to his injuries, but for the most part he has been desperately unlucky and it's horrible to see a legend who gives his all have to suffer like this, when all he wants to do is captain the club he loves.

It seems that some are angry with him and insulting him. That can come across as something you might hear from that lot.

If he doesn't deserve the respect of fans, then very few ever will in the future.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm

We get enough stick, slagging our own plays to the rag agenda against us. Some of things said about Vinny and Yaya have been piss poor to be honest.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:I don't think it's a differing opinion pal.

Vinny has made some mistakes with regards to his injuries, but for the most part he has been desperately unlucky and it's horrible to see a legend who gives his all have to suffer like this, when all he wants to do is captain the club he loves.

It seems that some are angry with him and insulting him. That can come across as something you might hear from that lot.

If he doesn't deserve the respect of fans, then very few ever will in the future.

absolutely agree with you here OD but I also, sadly, agree with the general sentiment that his career here, as first choice centre back and team Captain, is over and we should move on and find a partner for stones
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Wooders wrote:

absolutely agree with you here OD but I also, sadly, agree with the general sentiment that his career here, as first choice centre back and team Captain, is over and we should move on and find a partner for stones

We're on it we wanted Laporte and Bonucci.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:54 pm

I can't see anyone being genuinely serious though giving him shit. Too many bed wetters on here!

Not aimed directly at you mate, but fuck me of anyone thinks that a genuine City fan would have any ill feeling toward Komps they're mad!
Last edited by Mase on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:20 pm

That is all.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PeterParker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Also he is the player who left the field a month ago without any explanation.

You know, things you do in your sunday league team. Funny enough, Zaba`s legs are also gone for two years now, you don't hear people acting the same. Wonder why.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:Image
That is all.

I miss Tevez the little scoundrel!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Vinnie's only mistake is being to loyal to his country and pushing himself to the point of us having to question his loyalty to us which, in reality, was never in doubt.

I think this was a test from Pep, to see if he'd make the same mistake as he did a few years back. Gladly he has learnt from that and made the right decision.

A City Leg End who should not be castigated but should be revered for the huge part he has played in bringing the club to where we are now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Vinnie's only mistake is being to loyal to his country and pushing himself to the point of us having to question his loyalty to us which, in reality, was never in doubt.

I think this was a test from Pep, to see if he'd make the same mistake as he did a few years back. Gladly he has learnt from that and made the right decision.

A City Leg End who should not be castigated but should be revered for the huge part he has played in bringing the club to where we are now.

Think it was this year mate. At the start, no?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Never let him go. Coaching badges. Start him on the u12s. He is totally manager material. Blue for life.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:00 pm

dazby wrote:Never let him go. Coaching badges. Start him on the u12s. He is totally manager material. Blue for life.

This!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:01 pm

dazby wrote:Never let him go. Coaching badges. Start him on the u12s. He is totally manager material. Blue for life.

really?
personally, i think that he 'was' (?) a bloody brilliant player but i don't think he's been a great leader on the pitch.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Vinnie's only mistake is being to loyal to his country and pushing himself to the point of us having to question his loyalty to us which, in reality, was never in doubt.

Think it was this year mate. At the start, no?

He first did it under Mancini and although not sure of dates I remember him not being happy that he played in a game even though he'd asked openly for the Belgium manager (Wilmots?) Not to play him. A game or 2 later he pulled up and was out for a while, looking like he was playing through pain and seemingly hiding the fact that he'd picked it up on international duty (my thoughts, not fact). He then did similar with Pellers at the back end of last year. Must've been either the October or November break.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Nice post OD !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

really?
personally, i think that he 'was' (?) a bloody brilliant player but i don't think he's been a great leader on the pitch.

Really?!?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum