Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Dub City » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:15 am

Not that I would want to sell him but if the reason we are to offload him only because is he is constantly picking up injuries, who would take him and what price would we get ? have to question would it make sense.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:20 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
It is time to sell..should probably have done it last year but you always think maybe , just maybe , hes over it.....we all know now hes not ,and going on his injury history , he never will be.

And this is me. I'm constantly hoping. Naively perhaps. From a sentimental perspective though, it's perhaps better to sell now than last year as he's been imperious this season unlike last which, well, we should probably just forget.

I'm still hoping though.

His injuries are well known, how much would we realistically get for him? I would prefer he remained at the club and play when fit, but have another CB to replace him when required. There is no doubting his class, maybe his game time management needs addressing? We are all as frustrated as hell with him, imagine how he feels!! Kompany is the best defender in the league when fit, he lifts the team as well, this attribute is not something to just toss away because he has had a season of niggles.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
So, what is it? Bad luck or totally his fault?

14th calf injury since he got here, going through three different managers and, I guess, three different training regimes.

Also, got back from an injury and he played for Belgium and got injured once this fall. Look, I see where you're coming from but it's not reasonable to have a go at him over and over and over and over again like you do. He's a club legend. What his future with us may look like or even if it'll end this summer, is, I think, a fair discussion, but making digs athim constantly is over the top, IMO.

Honest question, but does actually the manager is the one that will fix his recovery training regime? Or the doctor?

Do we have the same doctor? Or every manager came with another one?

This is very important. I recall that he posted some videos on Facebook and Instagram about the fact he was quiet while he was injured and posted the whole recovery then, or a few episodes, I cannot remember well.

Who decided what will be his recovery process?

And a amazing Spot on post from KinkyKinkladze above.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
So, what is it? Bad luck or totally his fault?

14th calf injury since he got here, going through three different managers and, I guess, three different training regimes.

Also, got back from an injury and he played for Belgium and got injured once this fall. Look, I see where you're coming from but it's not reasonable to have a go at him over and over and over and over again like you do. He's a club legend. What his future with us may look like or even if it'll end this summer, is, I think, a fair discussion, but making digs athim constantly is over the top, IMO.

I think some fans are still pissed at him for playing for Belgium when our manager told him not to and then he was fucked for us for a long time - that will rankle with many fans.

It is time to sell..should probably have done it last year but you always think maybe , just maybe , hes over it.....we all know now hes not ,and going on his injury history , he never will be.

The summer will see PEP completely overhaul the defence.

I'm interested to see what he does with Mangala and Otamendi. Maybe he'll be able to see 2 decent centre halfs hiding in there and bring them out
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:12 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

And this is me. I'm constantly hoping. Naively perhaps. From a sentimental perspective though, it's perhaps better to sell now than last year as he's been imperious this season unlike last which, well, we should probably just forget.

I'm still hoping though.

His injuries are well known, how much would we realistically get for him? I would prefer he remained at the club and play when fit, but have another CB to replace him when required. There is no doubting his class, maybe his game time management needs addressing? We are all as frustrated as hell with him, imagine how he feels!! Kompany is the best defender in the league when fit, he lifts the team as well, this attribute is not something to just toss away because he has had a season of niggles.

Exactly how I feel. I don't think we would get a big fee which imo would make selling him pointless. He is a brilliant CB when fit and if we could have a player of his quality as part of our CB rotation I'd take that any day of the week! 20-40 games for Vinnie leaves a lot of football for the other CB's as well.
Can we rely on him to be our no.1 CB next season? No. Should he stay? Absolutely.

But for that Belgium/injury incident I would not mind if Karma is a bitch and he gets injured in the last MCFC game of the season and misses the euros.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:29 am

If I was Pep I'd be thinking I had it in me to make sure our medical team can keep him fit. Or I'd make sure we had a medical team that could keep MY players from getting injured all the time.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

Scatman wrote:If I was Pep I'd be thinking I had it in me to make sure our medical team can keep him fit. Or I'd make sure we had a medical team that could keep MY players from getting injured all the time.

Pep will have a closer look when we draw Bayern in the next round :-)
Wonderwall

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Scatman wrote:If I was Pep I'd be thinking I had it in me to make sure our medical team can keep him fit. Or I'd make sure we had a medical team that could keep MY players from getting injured all the time.

I think it's written in the stars that we'll draw them. Could be worse......................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:43 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I think it's written in the stars that we'll draw them. Could be worse......................

Rummenigge and Beckenbaur will have a coronary at the thought of Pep throwing the game
Wonderwall

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Rummenigge and Beckenbaur will have a coronary at the thought of Pep throwing the game

Fingers crossed then.................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Apparently, Kompany has played 6 games in 20 days since coming back. Every minute of every game since he was declared fit. Maybe some blame should go to the manager for not rotating our injury prone captain whose just come back from successive injuries in the same muscle.

It's not like we've needed him every game either. The last 3 teams we played (Villa, Norwich, Kiev) didn't even try to attack and Mangeler or Demi could have slotted in no problem.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dimples » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:12 pm

bigblue wrote:Apparently, Kompany has played 6 games in 20 days since coming back. Every minute of every game since he was declared fit. Maybe some blame should go to the manager for not rotating our injury prone captain whose just come back from successive injuries in the same muscle.

It's not like we've needed him every game either. The last 3 teams we played (Villa, Norwich, Kiev) didn't even try to attack and Mangeler or Demi could have slotted in no problem.

We will not miss him Sunday so. MU don't try to attack either - despite their history:)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Any news regarding g how bad or how long the injury will be for ?
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 pm

I have seen stats today that show Vinny has missed an average 12.6 games a season since signing for us. That has to be an alarming ratio if you are a competent medical team boss obviously we don't possess anyone one competent.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Any news regarding g how bad or how long the injury will be for ?

Reports say a month at the moment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Injury prone though he is, I wouldn't sell unless a silly offer from China came in or some such place. He is city through and through. We need more of his type, like Zabba as well. They will punish themselves for our cause. I like that in a player. Was gutted when he went down injured as he knew it was a season ender
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:41 pm

great player, great guy and of course great leader. Unfortunately all the kings men will not put kompany back together again.

we need a replacement and fast.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Slim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Can you imagine how many games Denayer would have had under his belt had he not thrown his toys out of the pram and demanded a loan.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:Any news regarding g how bad or how long the injury will be for ?

Reports say a month at the moment.

Ok thanks
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Slim wrote:Can you imagine how many games Denayer would have had under his belt had he not thrown his toys out of the pram and demanded a loan.

Seriously probably 20. Sad.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum