Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:00 am

Mangala and Otamendi played together for one season at Porto, well half a season before Otamendi was loaned out for the second half of the season, played together 14 times before coming to City.

This situation with Vinnie is fucking shit, hard to know what the right call is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:05 am

On Twitter and fb

Today was a bad day for me.

My body feels invincible - the best it's ever been - but i'm challenged by a number of small and local injuries. It leaves me more frustrated than with any of the 'big' injuries I've had but it's a challenge that I will overcome.

There are worst things in life of course and I never forget that. So I'm definitely not asking anyone to feel sorry for me and I hope you wouldn't anyway. This is a way to communicate my situation to those who maybe deserve answers.

I've made many sacrifices to get where I am today and football is everything to me. This is what I fought for so hard. I want to be the best defender in the world and I want Manchester City FC and Belgium to become the best club and country in world football. I won't give up that dream. Injuries have and still are preventing me to play my role the way i'd want to but it's not stopping me to progress. I will get on with it and when I do come back.. I will be stronger again.

My mindset stays unchanged, I will fight to get what I deserve, my best years in football.

Lots of love to all of those who support me.

I wish you all the very best for 2016. Let's all together make next year, a wonderful year.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:33 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Actually Mangala and Otamendi did not play together, but actually they were position rivals. Can you imagine the defensive disaster would had been if we didn't buy the argie in the summer and decided to keep those three plus Denayer?

Point blank said, Kompany is a liability, fucked our season because he was injured, and fucked our last season because of his form. I don't want to sound like a cunt, I know how important he and Yaya were in out titles, but when they started acting like they do, maybe it is time to move one.

Nobody is more important than the club.

Well we've no idea how Denayer would have fared or the partnership he'd have formed, so it's impossible to say.

And how has Kompany 'started acting like he does'? What, injured? How's that linked to Yaya? Do you want to add Aguero in as well? How about Zaba. And Silva's missed quite a few games, so is he acting up?

Different situations, pal. Zaba and Silva had different injuries, while, imho, Sergio was forced every single time.

However, those three showed they care about the club, Vinnie did not, at least this year, while Yaya? He doesn't care about us since cakegate. This is the second episode like this with Kompany, he comes in and then baaam, injury.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Has he tried having an operation on it? I don't believe he has as I don't remember seeing it reported, but I don't know for certain. He might have to, and quickly, if he wants to play for Belgium in the Euros, or indeed for City again at some point. Without knowing the nature of the injury, what options there are to cure it or what has been done about it before, it is hard to say what should and should not be done.

I think amputation is the only answer!

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Has he tried having an operation on it? I don't believe he has as I don't remember seeing it reported, but I don't know for certain. He might have to, and quickly, if he wants to play for Belgium in the Euros, or indeed for City again at some point. Without knowing the nature of the injury, what options there are to cure it or what has been done about it before, it is hard to say what should and should not be done.

I think amputation is the only answer!

Cheers

Might recover quicker...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:34 am

The guy's one of the club's most important players in recent history, give him a break. It's not exactly his fault Mangala is dogshit and Otto's a bit soft.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The guy's one of the club's most important players in recent history, give him a break. It's not exactly his fault Mangala is dogshit and Otto's a bit soft.

Its the club's fault if they keep injury prone players though (Aguero does get a by as he still ends up being the prems highest goal scorer..or thereabouts)
The thing is , you cannot have a permanent sick note at the back , you need to build your defence around that position.

In summary , he has to go and we have to bring in someone that can work with last year's best defender in the spanish league.

Mangala can go fuckign walkabout in Oz with Spazby for all I care.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The guy's one of the club's most important players in recent history, give him a break. It's not exactly his fault Mangala is dogshit and Otto's a bit soft.

Its the club's fault if they keep injury prone players though (Aguero does get a by as he still ends up being the prems highest goal scorer..or thereabouts)
The thing is , you cannot have a permanent sick note at the back , you need to build your defence around that position.

In summary , he has to go and we have to bring in someone that can work with last year's best defender in the spanish league.

Yeah bitch!

I've got nothing to respond with on this one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bluez » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Keep Kompany but also go for Shawcross
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:02 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Actually Mangala and Otamendi did not play together, but actually they were position rivals. Can you imagine the defensive disaster would had been if we didn't buy the argie in the summer and decided to keep those three plus Denayer?

Point blank said, Kompany is a liability, fucked our season because he was injured, and fucked our last season because of his form. I don't want to sound like a cunt, I know how important he and Yaya were in out titles, but when they started acting like they do, maybe it is time to move one.

Well we've no idea how Denayer would have fared or the partnership he'd have formed, so it's impossible to say.

And how has Kompany 'started acting like he does'? What, injured? How's that linked to Yaya? Do you want to add Aguero in as well? How about Zaba. And Silva's missed quite a few games, so is he acting up?

Different situations, pal. Zaba and Silva had different injuries, while, imho, Sergio was forced every single time.

However, those three showed they care about the club, Vinnie did not, at least this year, while Yaya? He doesn't care about us since cakegate. This is the second episode like this with Kompany, he comes in and then baaam, injury.

So how has Kompany showed he doesn't care for us? By playing yesterday because both he and the club obviously thought he was fit? By slipping trying to deal with the rubbish pass from Mangala?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Buy Stones a future captain. Ashley Williams as a quick fix he plays out of the back as the count wants and Pep will.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

However, those three showed they care about the club, Vinniel did not, at least this year, while Yaya? He doesn't care about us since cakegate. This is the second episode like this with Kompany, he comes in and then baaam, injury.

So how has Kompany showed he doesn't care for us? By playing yesterday because both he and the club obviously thought he was fit? By slipping trying to deal with the rubbish pass from Mangala?

You are a sharp fella and a good poster, you know I am talking about the whole playing for Belgium incident.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Chopper » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You ungrateful little prick. Clearly you have no loyalty.
Chopper

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Chopper wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Loyalty is to the club that pays your wages, you fuckign bucket of shit!!! - when players are loyal to country before club then they can fucking go do one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:12 am

Paul Scholes is the only top player to jack in international football for his club. Family guy Giggs took the piss out if Wales.
Vinny has been brilliant and fans should wish him all the best the comments of some are a disgrace to be honest and not for me. I remember Colin Bell coming back the Vinny one reminds of that, tragic for the player.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Chopper » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:22 am

And which current country are you loyal to? Based on third world wages and tax breaks Carl?
Chopper

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:07 am

Some context is needed in the club vs country row.

What games did he play and how badly was he needed? Answer that and you'll see why he's not as beloved as he once was this season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:43 am

Chopper wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's a bit harsh r kid.

Kompany has on occasions in the past been a good player, however his 2 best seasons have come alongside Lescott - who on balance was the best defender we have had at the club in the Abu Dhabi era. Alongside his terrible form last season, (which hopefully he has turned the corner from), his appearances have been dropping ever since 2010-11 when he played 50 games, to 42, 37, 37, 31 - and it looks like he will be hard pressed to top 30 this season in view of the recurrence of his injury.

In a season where we can realistically expect to play 65 games, you would really want our top players to be available for at least 75% of the season - the logic of paying a guy 200k a week to play half a season basically equates to a monumental amount of money per game played, which could easily be reallocated to two consistent, steady defenders, or better still, a consistent steady defender and a consistent steady DM to replace Toure.

I think, as someone has said, Aguero kind of gets a pass as he still bangs in 20-30 a season despite his annual cycle of doom - but for a defender, particularly one who had a stinker last season, it's kinda tough to justify what amounts to 400k a game.

If a 'my way or the highway' kinda manager comes in, looks at the finances he has to play with and sees a massive block of wages going on someone who doesn't play much, and when he does play is often a liability, there is a clear business case for moving him on - UNLESS, that manager can find him the right medical care to resolve the issues. For this reason, as we seem likely to change manager, Kompany is likely to get next season to sort himself out, but after that I reckon he will be done at the club if his fitness situation doesn't improve.

I don't see where loyalty comes into it, like it or not, top level football is a business, and I don't believe for a minute that the Sheikh's representatives would be sentimental over 200k a week.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 am

Chopper wrote:And which current country are you loyal to? Based on third world wages and tax breaks Carl?

I went back and joined the British army fuck face.....that takes care of my fuckign loyalty.

Next question ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Some context is needed in the club vs country row.

What games did he play and how badly was he needed? Answer that and you'll see why he's not as beloved as he once was this season.

That was the point, they played Israel, they needed to beat Israel to win the group. They were already qualified since september. He went off in the 58 minute.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum