Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:34 pm

He was great today. Showed exactly what we've missed.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Thought he played well and the defense overall looked more solid. Otter stepped out to meet the oncoming attacker for the second when maybe he shouldn't, but, overall I think Vinny settled things better than they have been for s while.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Sucker punches will happen like the second goal. That's football.

But we were far more solid because of him.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Lots to be happy about, c mon City let's stick right up the cunts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Great news he is back.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:48 pm

He was great and showed all we have been missing. Can't give up on him yet. Too bad it still wasn't enough.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Please stay fit. Wrap them calf's in three inches thick of duct tape!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Bodes well for the run-in, as well as the cups.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:42 pm

So, what is it? Bad luck or totally his fault?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:So, what is it? Bad luck or totally his fault?

Yeah, totally dude........
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Got to be a problem behind the scenes. Can't really be a coincidence that we've suddenly been getting all these injuries over the past year or so. I mean, look at arsenal, every cunt knows they're doing something wrong maybe in the medical teams or in training. Maybe we're going the same way.

Listening to 5live before and an anecdote was mentioned of why spuds have done alright this year, even though they've had some injuries and the gist was even when their players have niggly injuries they don't get rested. They still play and train even with small knocks and poccetino says the idea is to train physical toughness into them.

With our lot, somebody gets a fart wafted at them and they're out for a few weeks instead of pushing them through.

I remember when Clichy came and played for Bobby. First thing he said that was different from arsenal is the training intensity. He came to training for Bobby and admitted it was fucking rock hard. No fannying about, train as if you're playing a cup final. Yet you look at arsenal and they're a joke when it comes to injuries.

Has that level of intensity been taken out of our daily drills? And if so, it must be fair to make the leap that if our training is no longer full blooded, then it will coincide with our constant muscle strains and niggles.

I honestly reckon that pellers has softened us on the pitch and at training and focused on being a ball playi g team more than anything, and that has affected how we prepare for a game and how we cope with sly kicks etc. We were trained to not just be a good footballing team under Bobby, but he wanted us to be fucking hard. We are no longer hard under pellers.

Is it obvious I've had a few drinks?

TL;dr...we're soft as shit these days physically and it all boils down to soft, arsenal like, touch rugby style training and it's causing us injuries.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Got to be a problem behind the scenes. Can't really be a coincidence that we've suddenly been getting all these injuries over the past year or so. I mean, look at arsenal, every cunt knows they're doing something wrong maybe in the medical teams or in training. Maybe we're going the same way.

Listening to 5live before and an anecdote was mentioned of why spuds have done alright this year, even though they've had some injuries and the gist was even when their players have niggly injuries they don't get rested. They still play and train even with small knocks and poccetino says the idea is to train physical toughness into them.

With our lot, somebody gets a fart wafted at them and they're out for a few weeks instead of pushing them through.

I remember when Clichy came and played for Bobby. First thing he said that was different from arsenal is the training intensity. He came to training for Bobby and admitted it was fucking rock hard. No fannying about, train as if you're playing a cup final. Yet you look at arsenal and they're a joke when it comes to injuries.

Has that level of intensity been taken out of our daily drills? And if so, it must be fair to make the leap that if our training is no longer full blooded, then it will coincide with our constant muscle strains and niggles.

I honestly reckon that pellers has softened us on the pitch and at training and focused on being a ball playi g team more than anything, and that has affected how we prepare for a game and how we cope with sly kicks etc. We were trained to not just be a good footballing team under Bobby, but he wanted us to be fucking hard. We are no longer hard under pellers.

Is it obvious I've had a few drinks?

TL;dr...we're soft as shit these days physically and it all boils down to soft, arsenal like, touch rugby style training and it's causing us injuries.

Pissed you may be but oddly enough there may be grains of truth in what you are saying.
I watched the match on an Irish channel where the pundits were Souness and Kilbane and Souness touched upon something similar regarding our lack of intensity over the last season and a half.
He reckons we can't be training with any sort of intensity as it's not something you can switch on and off at will.
He thinks this is a problem coupled with the fact that there doesn't seem to be anyone in the dressing room that would call people out for hiding in games. Like a Keane or a Vieira at Arsenal who he also criticized.

Pellers is too nice and doesn't seem too push them.
There may be something to it.
I doubt the sports scientists would agree with you though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 am

is this Kompany's last season at the club?

Pep has dealt with having injury-plagued center halves (Puyol, Pique, Badstuber) and i bet he's sick and tired of it.
plus, he has a history of having no issue selling a club legend who is getting old and becoming injury-prone (Schweinsteiger).
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby HailNerdQueen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Point blank said, Kompany is a liability, fucked our season..., I know how important he and Yaya were in out titles, but when they started acting like they do, maybe it is time to move one.

Nobody is more important than the club.

And how has Kompany 'started acting like he does'? What, injured? How's that linked to Yaya? Do you want to add Aguero in as well? How about Zaba. And Silva's missed quite a few games, so is he acting up?

Thank you, fucking thank you. That needed to be said.
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 am

phips wrote:is this Kompany's last season at the club?

Pep has dealt with having injury-plagued center halves (Puyol, Pique, Badstuber) and i bet he's sick and tired of it.
plus, he has a history of having no issue selling a club legend who is getting old and becoming injury-prone (Schweinsteiger).

A history?

What kind of work do you do?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:26 am

we have to get another centre half whos really good and young as we carnt keep losing players and leaving us short of defenders. vinny is getting old and it seems like the same injury hes getting more and more. once that happens I'm afraid he will just be a bit player for us
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:11 am

14th calf injury since he got here, going through three different managers and, I guess, three different training regimes.

Also, got back from an injury and he played for Belgium and got injured once this fall. Look, I see where you're coming from but it's not reasonable to have a go at him over and over and over and over again like you do. He's a club legend. What his future with us may look like or even if it'll end this summer, is, I think, a fair discussion, but making digs athim constantly is over the top, IMO.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:36 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

14th calf injury since he got here, going through three different managers and, I guess, three different training regimes.

Also, got back from an injury and he played for Belgium and got injured once this fall. Look, I see where you're coming from but it's not reasonable to have a go at him over and over and over and over again like you do. He's a club legend. What his future with us may look like or even if it'll end this summer, is, I think, a fair discussion, but making digs athim constantly is over the top, IMO.

I think some fans are still pissed at him for playing for Belgium when our manager told him not to and then he was fucked for us for a long time - that will rankle with many fans.

It is time to sell..should probably have done it last year but you always think maybe , just maybe , hes over it.....we all know now hes not ,and going on his injury history , he never will be.

The summer will see PEP completely overhaul the defence.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:40 am

I think some fans are still pissed at him for playing for Belgium when our manager told him not to and then he was fucked for us for a long time - that will rankle with many fans.

Yeah and I understand that, but it happened once. He's amazing otherwise and people make mistakes. Constant digs are uncalled for IMO.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 am

It is time to sell..should probably have done it last year but you always think maybe , just maybe , hes over it.....we all know now hes not ,and going on his injury history , he never will be.

And this is me. I'm constantly hoping. Naively perhaps. From a sentimental perspective though, it's perhaps better to sell now than last year as he's been imperious this season unlike last which, well, we should probably just forget.

I'm still hoping though.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum