Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby Wooders » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 am

Red tops are suggesting Pep has asked txixi to sell him this summer
I'd be gutted but not surprised of it does happen - one thing is for sure, we won't get a better CB, a fitter one , maybe
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:10 pm

PEP Guardiola has instructed Txiki Begiristain to bring an end to Vincent Kompany’s Manchester City career by placing the club’s captain on the transfer market.

City’s incoming manager wants to overhaul the club’s defence, calculating that it is better to clear the decks for a new central defensive partnership rather than keep Kompany on board.

The Belgium international has started just 12 Premier League games this season having suffered a series of muscular injuries.

Kompany’s once-dominant performances have declined in recent campaigns as he has lost pace and confidence as a result of repeated problems.

Guardiola has always preferred more technically capable defenders and has asked City to prioritise the purchase of Athletic Bilbao’s France under-21 centre back Aymeric Laporte as a replacement for the Belgian.

Instead of retaining Kompany as a back-up to Laporte, the Catalan coach wants the centre back sold to avoid the possibility of dressing room dissent. And to send a message that no one is guaranteed a place in his first City squad.

Kompany was elected to the PFA’s Premier League Team of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2014, but his struggle with injuries have seen his effectiveness rapidly decline.

City are expected to clear out several other players in the close season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... rives.html
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Can we blame him?

This is in a majority his fault. At this level you must be smart about it or you risk up ending like Vidic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:14 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:PEP Guardiola has instructed Txiki Begiristain to bring an end to Vincent Kompany’s Manchester City career by placing the club’s captain on the transfer market.

City’s incoming manager wants to overhaul the club’s defence, calculating that it is better to clear the decks for a new central defensive partnership rather than keep Kompany on board.

The Belgium international has started just 12 Premier League games this season having suffered a series of muscular injuries.

Kompany’s once-dominant performances have declined in recent campaigns as he has lost pace and confidence as a result of repeated problems.

Guardiola has always preferred more technically capable defenders and has asked City to prioritise the purchase of Athletic Bilbao’s France under-21 centre back Aymeric Laporte as a replacement for the Belgian.

Instead of retaining Kompany as a back-up to Laporte, the Catalan coach wants the centre back sold to avoid the possibility of dressing room dissent. And to send a message that no one is guaranteed a place in his first City squad.

Kompany was elected to the PFA’s Premier League Team of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2014, but his struggle with injuries have seen his effectiveness rapidly decline.

Oh right THE SUN!! That fantastic sports paper LOL, I am sure they KNOW what PEP has said to Cheeky hahaha
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Exactly mate. We now use the shittiest of the media to do our transfer business. Vinnie may move on, just as much as any other, but it won't be the fucking gobshite Currant Bun breaking the news.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:PEP Guardiola has instructed Txiki Begiristain to bring an end to Vincent Kompany’s Manchester City career by placing the club’s captain on the transfer market.

Oh right THE SUN!! That fantastic sports paper LOL, I am sure they KNOW what PEP has said to Cheeky hahaha

I hope it's true , it makes sense to sell him...no time for sentiments , we live in the now and hes a fuckign sick note that continues disrupting our seasons.

Selling him is the most sensible move and anyone that suggests otherwise is hanging onto their heart strings...great guy , club legend but does not deserve to be in our team planning anymore - we need young fit and top of their game defenders.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Who would actually buy him though?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Who would actually buy him though?

Some team in China.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Oh really, now who would have thought such a story would be published in a red top just before the weekend of the Derby. What are the odds of that happening.
Bunch of bullshit ting cunts that clasp at straw at any given opportunity, it may be true but then any one with a fucking brain knows that his time sah passed and we need to bring in new blood. But then they have to try what ever they can to help those turgid bunch of pathetic horrid cheating has been cunts.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Oh really, now who would have thought such a story would be published in a red top just before the weekend of the Derby. What are the odds of that happening.
Bunch of bullshit ting cunts that clasp at straw at any given opportunity, it may be true but then any one with a fucking brain knows that his time sah passed and we need to bring in new blood. But then they have to try what ever they can to help those turgid bunch of pathetic horrid cheating has been cunts.

Exactly. Firstly it's pure guesswork and secondly how much do you get for an injured player?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Pep can fuck right off if he thinks he can just fuck off a fans favourite, a club legend no doubt.

Can't believe he would even try, and Cheeky wouldn't give him the heads up?

In fact, get rid of that cunbt as well, the shit he's bought is unfathomable. We have a DoF for a reason, for continuation, yet what has the cunt brought in?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:14 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Oh really, now who would have thought such a story would be published in a red top just before the weekend of the Derby. What are the odds of that happening.

beat me to it you bar steward!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Pep has been where Vinny is now, if anyone can help a player like him it will be Pep, it might mean him leaving but it might not. Top players do not need telling as much as the average ones. This season plus the injuries have put Vinny in a difficult place. Pep will not be anything but fair to the player and himself going forward.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:05 am

Mixed feelings. Kompany is class when he's fit, but when is he fit? You can't build a defence around a player who gives Charles xavier a run for his wheel chair money
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby phips » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Pep can fuck right off if he thinks he can just fuck off a fans favourite, a club legend no doubt.

he did it to Schweinsteiger.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:30 am

Too many sentimental cunts in this thread.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:09 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Too many sentimental cunts in this thread.

Still the best defender on the books.

Let's start with 'clearing out' Mangala and Demichelis and see how far down the pecking order he ends up after we buy their replacements.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Too many sentimental cunts in this thread.

Not like we're overflowing with replacements at the moment. And each of the past two summers we've only blew 30-40 million on CBs who were supposed to step up. Good news of Komp being injured now is he might get a longer rest than normal.

Also, don't call people sentimental just because they're using their brain.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:09 am

phips wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Pep can fuck right off if he thinks he can just fuck off a fans favourite, a club legend no doubt.

he did it to Schweinsteiger.

And who did they sell him to, and how good have they become?

PigFucker was well past it.

However, my post wasn't to be taken too seriously, just doing one of those Sun-sensational controversial posts.

Bit like your usual ones really.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 am

I love Vincent, even named my dog after him but how much longer can this situation go on. You can't be a high level football player who can play 6 games then miss the next ten. We have become very to reliant on him and look half then team when he is out. Sadly Pep has to rectify that. Let's pray Pep has better scouts for CB shopping than we currently have.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum