Injury Table

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Injury Table

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:08 pm

I see the BBC have put out an injury table for all the teams, seeming how the Arse and scouse have been publicly banging on about how poor they have had it all season and how they have been unlucky as they have been "Decimated" by the injury crisis!

Well we have had 8 more injuries than the nearest team!! not as many long term but Fuck me this is depressing to look at!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35313650
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Injury Table

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I see the BBC have put out an injury table for all the teams, seeming how the Arse and scouse have been publicly banging on about how poor they have had it all season and how they have been unlucky as they have been "Decimated" by the injury crisis!

Well we have had 8 more injuries than the nearest team!! not as many long term but Fuck me this is depressing to look at!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35313650

Highest total injuries and highest (joint) players injured - it's an outpatients we need not an Academy...............................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Great thread, funny how not a murmur from the media.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Great thread, funny how not a murmur from the media.

Yes, but moneybags City have 300 first team players to chose from and have £500 squillion pounds (oil money) to spend, blah blah blah..................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:35 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:

Yes, but moneybags City have 300 first team players to chose from and have £500 squillion pounds (oil money) to spend, blah blah blah..................

prem league squad of 25 players sees 47 different injuries? Would be interesting to see how many are squad or B list injuries
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:

prem league squad of 25 players sees 47 different injuries? Would be interesting to see how many are squad or B list injuries

Our injury table has a wonky leg.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Crossie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:25 pm

I think part of this may be down to the change in training venue. It would be interesting to see if other clubs have had similar problems in years gone by.

I think we changed late last season, but maybe these things are cumulative and wear down susceptible bits of some players bodies over time.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Crossie wrote:I think part of this may be down to the change in training venue. It would be interesting to see if other clubs have had similar problems in years gone by.

I think we changed late last season, but maybe these things are cumulative and wear down susceptible bits of some players bodies over time.

That thought crossed my mind too, our upturn in injuries seemed to coincide with our move to the CFA.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Crossie wrote:I think part of this may be down to the change in training venue. It would be interesting to see if other clubs have had similar problems in years gone by.

That thought crossed my mind too, our upturn in injuries seemed to coincide with our move to the CFA.

I remember them discussing more frequent injuries to modern footballers on BBC 5Live recently. An agreed comment among the ex footballers was made that the construction of a lot of modern pitches were too hard, this was the sacrifice for them looking so good.
It was said it was "more like playing on concrete"!
Perhaps the new training pitches have a similar construction?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

I remember them discussing more frequent injuries to modern footballers on BBC 5Live recently. An agreed comment among the ex footballers was made that the construction of a lot of modern pitches were too hard, this was the sacrifice for them looking so good.

The same type of surface that's on the Etihad pitch is used in the CFA.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

I suspected that may have been the case.
Pat Nevin was certainly convinced that if the pitches were softer there would be less injuries. He said he had heard of a manager who had instructed the grounds staff to make the strips down the wings softer to get less injuries for his wingers and full backs bombing up and down. Accepting that the central areas had to be harder and more resilient.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Take Zaba and Aguero as e.g.s of our injuries. The season before last we played nearly 60 games and then these 2 went to the WC and got all the way to the final. Similar number of games last season then the Copa America and went along way again. Add that to the pre season flights to USA and Aus and Virtnam then 30 games so far this season. The injuries are not the fault of the medical staff or the CFA. You wouldn't treat a race horse like that . It's too much footie and travel etc.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Do we have state of the art injury management? It sounds obvious for a club like us, but I read a good article about Leicester having a cryogenic facility, oxygen therapy and some radical forward thinking capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what we do, but hopefully more than a magic sponge, and better still if it's somewhere we invest as heavily as we do in our academy.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:13 pm

The Maine Man wrote:Do we have state of the art injury management? It sounds obvious for a club like us, but I read a good article about Leicester having a cryogenic facility, oxygen therapy and some radical forward thinking capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what we do, but hopefully more than a magic sponge, and better still if it's somewhere we invest as heavily as we do in our academy.

We've got all the bells and whistles - there was a thing about it around the time the Academy opened - all state of the art. Sod all good it's done us this season though.

"The building that houses City's first-team squad contains a hypoxic chamber where players can run at altitude or in extreme temperatures, a hydro-therapy area for treating injuries and even a hydro treadmill with underwater cameras to monitor a player's movement. "
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Surprised the boots the players wear these days don't get a mention. Carpet slippers in comparison to days gone by and I'm only talking twenty odd years
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

Many if not all of the new pitches have fibres woven into them to stop divots and the surface cutting up. Makes the surface less forgiving.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Surface can't be that noticeably bad, it doesn't stop players running and jumping onto their knees and sliding 20 yds whilst leaving two drainage channels behind them. I bet the groundsmen loves those players!
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:18 pm

It does make you wonder about the modern game. Pitches are so different nowadays to what they were in the seventies. So are boots. Fitness levels are supposedly so much higher, you can't tackle a player any more without getting sent off. Yet, players seem to get so many strains and muscle injuries compared to how things used to be. Could be my memory of how footballers were is clouded by childhood rosy tinted glasses.
The game is definitely faster but the amount of heavy impact tackles is so low compared to years ago. Forward and wingers took a lot more abuse, years ago.
There's probably a lot more football played for top teams now at a higher intensity, but it does make you wonder if the pampering of these superstars has a lot to do with these stats as well. Particularly for minor strains. Is it just fatigue or laziness.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Do we have state of the art injury management? It sounds obvious for a club like us, but I read a good article about Leicester having a cryogenic facility, oxygen therapy and some radical forward thinking capabilities. I haven't heard anything about what we do, but hopefully more than a magic sponge, and better still if it's somewhere we invest as heavily as we do in our academy.

We've got all the bells and whistles - there was a thing about it around the time the Academy opened - all state of the art. Sod all good it's done us this season though.

"The building that houses City's first-team squad contains a hypoxic chamber where players can run at altitude or in extreme temperatures, a hydro-therapy area for treating injuries and even a hydro treadmill with underwater cameras to monitor a player's movement. "

All that is good stuff but it's not exactly ground breaking, whereas Leicester's cryogenic facility is. If we haven't gone down that route is like to know when we will. We are making huge progress but we haven't nailed it in every area off the pitch. I recently visited the Nou Camp and then took my boys for the Etihad tour. There was no comparison, it was Disney vs Gulliver's World.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:47 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

All that is good stuff but it's not exactly ground breaking, whereas Leicester's cryogenic facility is. If we haven't gone down that route is like to know when we will. We are making huge progress but we haven't nailed it in every area off the pitch. I recently visited the Nou Camp and then took my boys for the Etihad tour. There was no comparison, it was Disney vs Gulliver's World.

Which was which?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ry-7348921
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum