Patrick Roberts reportedly going to Celtic on loan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Patrick Roberts reportedly going to Celtic on loan

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
We obviously trust Deila too, a relationship going back to his days in charge of Strømsgodset.

I don't see it myself. He has done very little to progress players from a fairly decent youth academy at Celtic and was somehow managed to do the impossible and give the SPL a competitive feel to it this season.

Nah mate he convinced half the people on here that Denayer is the new Bobby Moore. That's progress!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:40 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
We obviously trust Deila too, a relationship going back to his days in charge of Strømsgodset.

I don't see it myself. He has done very little to progress players from a fairly decent youth academy at Celtic and was somehow managed to do the impossible and give the SPL a competitive feel to it this season.

What I meant by that is that they trust him to look after Roberts, give him a fair crack of the whip. Too often our lads have been loaned out and it seems were just brought in to make up the numbers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Reports today are now saying just six months.

Celtic had previously stated that they would not being doing any short term loan deals as it would hurt their own youth development.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Nah mate he convinced half the people on here that Denayer is the new Bobby Moore. That's progress!

Compared to Mangala...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:06 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i'm not convinced Pep is coming, and i'm kind of bored of reading it as if it was fact.

Anyone else or am I on a grumpy island of one today?

with a cheery wave,

Nope, absolutely with you 1000% It is clear that The Count (unless something seriously goes wrong) is clearly here until at least the end of this season.

Pep has NOT committed himself to us and the board (to my knowledge) have not even acknowledged his availability.

It seems that some of our posters/fans would rather believe all the BS in the press over actual facts (of which there are absolutely fooking NONE).

Honestly, some of the current Count haters wouldn't be, IF the "messiah of football" wasn't available.

well here's the thing for me...i'm currently a Count hater. And before that i was a Mancini-hater (previously a LICKER tho!), and a Sparky-hater prior to that, tho i defended him until it was just one draw too many from the fuck.

SOOOOOOOOO....it's not about Pep being available for me. It's about the current manager having zero ability to get more from a talented squad. I'd have been very very very very fucking happy with the Count being sacked a month or two ago and Ancelotti being brought in. Very happy. I would have preferred that change right now to Pep in the summer in fact. Ancelotti has won everyone he's been. No one like him really, bar the Cunty Special One imho. But his approach is way way classier than Joe Say. Plus he likes a sneaky fag now and then. Bonus!

Anyway for me it's not about Pep's availability, but about the Count's ability to influence the dressing room and the results on the pitch. For me this year's injuries also play a factor. Players are injured a lot less when they give two fucks about the gaffer's success. That's why Mancini hated injured players. He knows that as a player and a manager. You're a professional. Unless you've done your ACL or broken a fucking bone in the lower half of your body, then figure it the fuck out after a couple weeks, or fuck the fuck off.

Anyway, i digress. Ish.

cheers

You'll hate Pep too Doomie (if he ever comes our way). ;-)
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i'm not convinced Pep is coming, and i'm kind of bored of reading it as if it was fact.

Anyone else or am I on a grumpy island of one today?

with a cheery wave,

Nope, absolutely with you 1000% It is clear that The Count (unless something seriously goes wrong) is clearly here until at least the end of this season.

Pep has NOT committed himself to us and the board (to my knowledge) have not even acknowledged his availability.

It seems that some of our posters/fans would rather believe all the BS in the press over actual facts (of which there are absolutely fooking NONE).

Honestly, some of the current Count haters wouldn't be, IF the "messiah of football" wasn't available.

well here's the thing for me...i'm currently a Count hater. And before that i was a Mancini-hater (previously a LICKER tho!), and a Sparky-hater prior to that, tho i defended him until it was just one draw too many from the fuck.

SOOOOOOOOO....it's not about Pep being available for me. It's about the current manager having zero ability to get more from a talented squad. I'd have been very very very very fucking happy with the Count being sacked a month or two ago and Ancelotti being brought in. Very happy. I would have preferred that change right now to Pep in the summer in fact. Ancelotti has won everyone he's been. No one like him really, bar the Cunty Special One imho. But his approach is way way classier than Joe Say. Plus he likes a sneaky fag now and then. Bonus!

Anyway for me it's not about Pep's availability, but about the Count's ability to influence the dressing room and the results on the pitch. For me this year's injuries also play a factor. Players are injured a lot less when they give two fucks about the gaffer's success. That's why Mancini hated injured players. He knows that as a player and a manager. You're a professional. Unless you've done your ACL or broken a fucking bone in the lower half of your body, then figure it the fuck out after a couple weeks, or fuck the fuck off.

Anyway, i digress. Ish.

cheers

You'll hate Pep too Doomie (if he ever comes our way). ;-)

yes. i'm just the average fucking punter at the end of the day.

A blowjob and a meatloaf and i'd care less what City did. :)

On a serious note, I watched the game this morning on DVR (from my phone no less, fantastic)...and i have to say the Undead Cunt got this one right. Fair fucks Count...you got us to the final when it counted.

Now he's got to, i mean...fucking. absofuckinglutely fucking GOT TO...smash the robbing scouse mongrels. I want to dick them so hard. I really fucking hate Klopp already the fashionably rumply German fuck. I used to love him, and now i hate him. Essss normulll...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:28 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

On a serious note, I watched the game this morning on DVR (from my phone no less, fantastic)...and i have to say the Undead Cunt got this one right. Fair fucks Count...you got us to the final when it counted.

Now he's got to, i mean...fucking. absofuckinglutely fucking GOT TO...smash the robbing scouse mongrels. I want to dick them so hard. I really fucking hate Klopp already the fashionably rumply German fuck. I used to love him, and now i hate him. Essss normulll...

cheers

A blow job from some 20 stone, hairy, over the hill rock star eh? Whatever floats your boat dude.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

A blow job from some 20 stone, hairy, over the hill rock star eh? Whatever floats your boat dude.

Now that you've got me thinking, a guy with those pipes might really do the business if he put his mind to it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:05 pm

I think that now kev has been rules out for 2-3 months we should put a stop to this and get him working with the 1st team.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I think that now kev has been rules out for 2-3 months we should put a stop to this and get him working with the 1st team.

Considering we have serious injury problems and also the fact that we paid 12 million for him Id say that it is a "get him back now" issue.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I think that now kev has been rules out for 2-3 months we should put a stop to this and get him working with the 1st team.

You would think that wouldn't you. Scottish Press back to insisting it's an 18 month loan deal.
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Done apparently. 18 months. Makes no sense whatsoever from our point of view.

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status ... 9655828480
ross.mcfc

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:07 pm

££££££££

And presumably a recall clause
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Considering we have serious injury problems and also the fact that we paid 12 million for him Id say that it is a "get him back now" issue.

I think we paid £3m for him with add ons. If he scores the winning goal in the champs league final and makes 200 appearances then we pay £11m. The add ons are as daft as those with Sterling. I'm disappointed he is moving on but can only assume we aren't that impressed close up. Maybe he will develop at Celtic.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:03 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think we paid £3m for him with add ons. If he scores the winning goal in the champs league final and makes 200 appearances then we pay £11m. The add ons are as daft as those with Sterling. I'm disappointed he is moving on but can only assume we aren't that impressed close up. Maybe he will develop at Celtic.

The early word I got is that City were very impressed with him but it sounds like they think he needs a year or so to really develop his skills. Hope they are right and he comes back flying as he really think he has something.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 am

john@staustell wrote:££££££££

Certainly hope there is a clause in there saying we can have him back sooner than 18 months. 18 months is a long time and he could develop there (or not) and we could get in a position where we need him back.

Good luck to the lad hope it helps him.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:04 am

good deal for him
18 months means he can properly commit himself to celtic
men's football, tough conditions, big home crowds, shit away stadiums, european football - what's not good about it?
oh, he could be playing for the eds...
no brainer
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:19 am

Also he will get used to playing for a team that dominate the ball and the challenge that presents when all teams sit in against you. Think that is one of hardest transitions for players coming to clubs like us... Even for players like Sterling and de Bruyne. Instead of getting lot of opportunities through transitions in play through other teams losing possession when they attack we have to be patient and carve chances out.
I guess if it doesn't happen up there was never going to happen with us
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 am

ruralblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:££££££££

Certainly hope there is a clause in there saying we can have him back sooner than 18 months. 18 months is a long time and he could develop there (or not) and we could get in a position where we need him back.

Good luck to the lad hope it helps him.

I've said before that because of the crappy league set up kids like Roberts don't get to play any football. It's not realistic to give them a game in the PL and there's no sensible reserves any more.

He'll get good experience and we get a loan fee.

I reckon City and Chelsea get up to 10M a year in all the loans
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The early word I got is that City were very impressed with him but it sounds like they think he needs a year or so to really develop his skills. Hope they are right and he comes back flying as he really think he has something.

That sounds promising. Hope you are right.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum