Race for the Title

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Race for the Title

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Leicester are 3 point clear at the top. They keep getting the results and I think they might actually have the best chance of the top 4 to win it!
We are in 4 competitions still
Arsenal and Spurs are still in Europe and the FA cup.
Leicester have 15 league games to concentrate on, no distractions and plenty of rest between games.

I thought it would be too much for them, however, I am stating to think they are in the best shape to go and do it, especially if they are lucky with Injuries and Drinkwater, Okazaki, Vardy and Mahrez stay fit.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Race for the Title

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:30 pm

No chance.
They will start to shit themselves when it dawns on them that they could "actually win it"....anytime now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:30 pm

It will be interesting to see if they will get involved in the transfer market window before it will close.

At this point, they have favorites, but if they will not sign anything, they might actually play a risky card if they will get some injuries and those injuries will be there, trust me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Leicester are 3 point clear at the top. They keep getting the results and I think they might actually have the best chance of the top 4 to win it!
We are in 4 competitions still
Arsenal and Spurs are still in Europe and the FA cup.
Leicester have 15 league games to concentrate on, no distractions and plenty of rest between games.

I thought it would be too much for them, however, I am stating to think they are in the best shape to go and do it, especially if they are lucky with Injuries and Drinkwater, Okazaki, Vardy and Mahrez stay fit.

Maybe. But their squad looks very ordinary. Wait until the media hysteria starts and they feel the pressure in the last couple of months.
We really need to beat them and Spurs, to halt both gallops. We'll see then. We are totally unconvincing so far and yet within three points of top.
I'd have backed us all the way up until now, but I'm not convinced we can keep leaking goals the way we do and win anything.
I'm still waiting for us to click into gear.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

We pissed all over them at Leicester. It was only dodgy reffing and, once again, dodgy finishing, that cost us 2 points.

Hopefully next match we will give them a damn good thrashing, in the words of Basil Fawlty.

WW - I dont really subscribe to this theory of too many competitions, not until the last week anyway when Leeds famously blew up once. You surely played football - you just play through it, adrenalin kicks in and team spirit.

Good use of the 'squad' is quite important of course. It would be helpful if the more juvenile posters didn't scream 'why isn't xxxxx playing?' or 'why the fuck is so-and-so on the bench?' in bold capitals every time there is a nuance in team selection.

How on earth do we know who has little knocks and strains and who's 'fatigue measurements' are higher? Last thing some people will do is trust the coaches.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 pm

john@staustell wrote:We pissed all over them at Leicester. It was only dodgy reffing and, once again, dodgy finishing, that cost us 2 points.

Hopefully next match we will give them a damn good thrashing, in the words of Basil Fawlty.

WW - I dont really subscribe to this theory of too many competitions, not until the last week anyway when Leeds famously blew up once. You surely played football - you just play through it, adrenalin kicks in and team spirit.

Good use of the 'squad' is quite important of course. It would be helpful if the more juvenile posters didn't scream 'why isn't xxxxx playing?' or 'why the fuck is so-and-so on the bench?' in bold capitals every time there is a nuance in team selection.

How on earth do we know who has little knocks and strains and who's 'fatigue measurements' are higher? Last thing some people will do is trust the coaches.

Liverpool ran us close because they went out of both domestic cups early and had no European competition. It makes a big difference, being able to rest and recover properly between games. We have some have an impact. big players out injured at the moment, so our squad has been under pressure. Once the travelling in europe comes as well, this will also
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm

I know one thing...

this is an absolute shit league this season and the fact that we aren't pissing it is fucking criminal.

Also, apparently i know two things....

I'm bored of the "we're in four competitions" bollox.

We look like winning fuck all from my point of view. Hope to fuck i'm wrong. But this team. These players. This club. Should be doing fuckloads better. Fuck. Loads.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Leicester still have to come to us, then the Emirates, towards the end of the season they go the swamp and Stamford Bridge. You can never say never but they've their work cut out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:No chance.
They will start to shit themselves when it dawns on them that they could "actually win it"....anytime now.

Agree with this . In a few games Leicester will start to feel some real pressure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I know one thing...

this is an absolute shit league this season and the fact that we aren't pissing it is fucking criminal.

Also, apparently i know two things....

I'm bored of the "we're in four competitions" bollox.

We look like winning fuck all from my point of view. Hope to fuck i'm wrong. But this team. These players. This club. Should be doing fuckloads better. Fuck. Loads.

cheers

Totally disagree with this . Lots of teams playing attacking football without a fear of losing has made this season the best for entertainment In a long time !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:We pissed all over them at Leicester. It was only dodgy reffing and, once again, dodgy finishing, that cost us 2 points.

Liverpool ran us close because they went out of both domestic cups early and had no European competition. It makes a big difference, being able to rest and recover properly between games. We have some have an impact. big players out injured at the moment, so our squad has been under pressure. Once the travelling in europe comes as well, this will also

Liverpool ran us close because they had Suarez.

I too agree that, whilst we aren't quite pulling up the trees, there are some good teams and good managers out there this year making every match hard for everyone. Much more so than in the past.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Doomie,

Yes, that is a really old record with ”four competitions and etc”, however, we did that with Clichy, Zabaleta, Nasri, Kompany, Aguero and Silva injured almost all season.

I found give Tin Tin a bonus for keeping us in all four competitions and NOT getting injured.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

I thought I'd put the mockers on them with this a month back.

patrickblue wrote:
I really don't see any reason why they can't win it bar a bad spell of injuries.
We all know that when this sort of situation has occurred in the past, the bubble normally bursts, because the team in question is found out and everyone else adapts accordingly.
If Leicester were going to be found out, it would have happened by now.
I also think the whole situation is brilliant, and if we're not going to win it, I'd love to see Leicester do it.

They failed to win their next 3 games as soon as I posted it. Lets hope it works again
Of course we didn't take advantage
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Pressure.
We have a manager and players who have done it, the old dog for the hard road. That counts. I think the pressure will eventually get to them, and the arse maybe to a lesser extent though. So if we somehow manage to get 70-75% of our act together we should just about see both of them off. But if we do it, of course we wont do it the easy way.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:00 pm

I do think Leicester will have a huge advantage when Europe returns for the rest of us. Ultimately though, I think they will fade but may still get top 4. Having watched us all season I just don't think we are good enough. I think Arsenal will get over the line first, though Spurs will have a big say on that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Is it a shit league or are teams that are further down the table improving because of the money coming into the game now? This is the breakdown from a couple of seasons ago for the money each team gets from their league TV deal. The Premier League has made the gap even bigger with the rest of Europe with their new deal.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:41 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Is it a shit league or are teams that are further down the table improving because of the money coming into the game now? This is the breakdown from a couple of seasons ago for the money each team gets from their league TV deal. The Premier League has made the gap even bigger with the rest of Europe with their new deal.

I think there has been a raising of standards at the bottom of the table.
There are very few easy games now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Absolutely this. Mid-table sides in France, Spain, Germany and Italy couldn't dream of signing the likes of Shaqiri, Wijnaldum and Cabaye.

Previously-ordinary sides have shelled out on match-winners, making for a much more competitive league. The Premier League is absolutely mega, which is why people buzz off it the world over.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Absolutely convinced Leicester will falter, just remains to be seen whether or not we will step up a level. If not arse will walk it.

The Spurs bubble normally bursts when they are being mentioned as candidates.

Unforgivable if pellers doesn't win the league this season.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Absolutely this. Mid-table sides in France, Spain, Germany and Italy couldn't dream of signing the likes of Shaqiri, Wijnaldum and Cabaye.

Previously-ordinary sides have shelled out on match-winners, making for a much more competitive league. The Premier League is absolutely mega, which is why people buzz off it the world over.

I could subscribe to the "It's not shit, it's parity" argument, i suppose.

It's the NFL model at about 75% of it's true form really.

However, we've still been fucking 2/3 shite and should be pissing on the rest of the table from a great height imho.

Our only hope imho is CL to get some glory this season, which is more than ironical given who we've been thus far. However, the Count does have a track record in Europe with underwhelming sides so maybe he can work some magic with ickle City? or should i say "us"...or "we"...or whatever we are to us. Today.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum