Wembley tix

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wembley tix

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:06 am

lets all have a disco wrote:This is an actual picture of my plan for the dry trains.

Flasher mac and we're laughing.

Kiers you could have worn a clean tee-shirt for that picture:)
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:16 am

gillie wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:This is an actual picture of my plan for the dry trains.

Flasher mac and we're laughing.

Kiers you could have worn a clean tee-shirt for that picture:)

Just finished my kebab.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:34 am

frankswift wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Cant' say I like the idea of getting tickets for a scouse fan and a rag!!

To be fair, my dad's in his late 50s now and has never been to Wembley. I wouldn't begrudge my old fella that. He hates Liverpool and has a soft spot for us so he'd be a blue for the day. He's not arsed like that, apparently it was normal for him as a lad to watch both Manchester teams.

I think that was common from old timers I've spoken to over the years. Particularly in the 60s and early 70s. And not just in Manc but London as well. I've met west Ham fans who watched Spurs regularly. And others.

A kinder gentler time.

Cheers

Eh?

As an old timer of that vintage I can tell you that it certainly wasn't like that in Eccles. If I had been told in the late 60s that one day I could take my daughter to a football match without having to watch out for trouble from opposing fans or the dibble I'd have not believed it.

Kindler gentler time? Go back another twenty years, mate.

Actually, I came on here to see if anyone knows when the club will start putting the tickets on sale - I'm hoping that I might have enough points for aforementioned child and self.

agree with this, you'd be looking at lads in there 80s now, and that's dependent on areas/class/upbringing. I've never known a blue that went to watch 'united aswell' but have known rags to do the reverse.

My dad is mid 60s and absolutely despises the rags. Slightly more than me. His neighbour is a rag and comes out with the ''i want city to do well too'' but I think that just depends on how into it you are. My memory of my grandad was that he hated the rags just as much. Thats what happens when you live in Urmston through the scum 'dominance'
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:48 am

Nick wrote:
frankswift wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Cant' say I like the idea of getting tickets for a scouse fan and a rag!!

To be fair, my dad's in his late 50s now and has never been to Wembley. I wouldn't begrudge my old fella that. He hates Liverpool and has a soft spot for us so he'd be a blue for the day. He's not arsed like that, apparently it was normal for him as a lad to watch both Manchester teams.

I think that was common from old timers I've spoken to over the years. Particularly in the 60s and early 70s. And not just in Manc but London as well. I've met west Ham fans who watched Spurs regularly. And others.

A kinder gentler time.

Cheers

Eh?

As an old timer of that vintage I can tell you that it certainly wasn't like that in Eccles. If I had been told in the late 60s that one day I could take my daughter to a football match without having to watch out for trouble from opposing fans or the dibble I'd have not believed it.

Actually, I came on here to see if anyone knows when the club will start putting the tickets on sale - I'm hoping that I might have enough points for aforementioned child and self.

agree with this, you'd be looking at lads in there 80s now, and that's dependent on areas/class/upbringing. I've never known a blue that went to watch 'united aswell' but have known rags to do the reverse.

My dad is mid 60s and absolutely despises the rags. Slightly more than me. His neighbour is a rag and comes out with the ''i want city to do well too'' but I think that just depends on how into it you are. My memory of my grandad was that he hated the rags just as much. Thats what happens when you live in Urmston through the scum 'dominance'

My old lady is 69 and she despises the scum as much as CARL.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:12 pm

BTW seeing the title of this thread will never get old TICKETS TO WEMBLEY.

Blimey.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Nick wrote:
frankswift wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

A kinder gentler time.

Cheers

Eh?

Urmston Roebuck blues rule !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Just thinking about the Wembley fix....when do we find out who the ref is?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:00 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Just thinking about the Wembley fix....when do we find out who the ref is?

As soon as Liverpool, Sky and the rest of the media have found a suitable one.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:03 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Just thinking about the Wembley fix....when do we find out who the ref is?

Anyone but Clattenberg.
South Stand Balti

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:36 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Anyone but Clattenberg.

I may have been having a nightmare but i'm sure one of the commentators in one of the semi's said the ref for the final is none other than Robert Madley.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:06 am

Officials haven't been announced yet according to the Capital One cup website.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:09 am

craigmcfc wrote:Officials haven't been announced yet according to the Capital One cup website.

Jeez thank the lord I was having a nightmare!
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:28 pm

gillie wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Officials haven't been announced yet according to the Capital One cup website.

Jeez thank the lord I was having a nightmare!

I'd sooner have Madley as the ref than Clattenberg when the dippers are involved. Seriously, I'm not going if he is given the job.
South Stand Balti

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:41 pm

We have a new member who wonders if there are any board members going from around Plymouth
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:We have a new member who wonders if there are any board members going from around Plymouth

Not me but there is a supporters club somewhere in Devon I think. Also there's usually a few from Cornwall go up now and again but we ourselves are pretty independent so I dont have contacts.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Michael Oliver it is then. Happy with that.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby walshawblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:05 pm

In the early sixties just after we go promoted from division two as it was then my Dad brought a scum fan home from the pub When the pleb found out i was a city fan he give me a load of grief sayin they were shit and crap and we had a bloody good argument till my mum bless her threw him out and told him to fuck off and dont come back . she was only 4ft six tall and he was 6ft lol
hated the rags ever since
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:08 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Michael Oliver it is then. Happy with that.

No moans from me
Wonderwall

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:09 pm

walshawblue wrote:In the early sixties just after we go promoted from division two as it was then my Dad brought a scum fan home from the pub When the pleb found out i was a city fan he give me a load of grief sayin they were shit and crap and we had a bloody good argument till my mum bless her threw him out and told him to fuck off and dont come back . she was only 4ft six tall and he was 6ft lol
hated the rags ever since

That's what Mums are for.......removing those stubborn stains from around the house
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Michael Oliver it is then. Happy with that.

Which tix are assisting him?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum