Fabian Delph!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fabian Delph!

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Tony P wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:His recurring problems will certainly be a challenging task for our new medics to sort out - surprised he's not in Barcelona with the other injured players really.

Just say no.

OK - I say No to Nihilism

Are you referring to the Russian revolutionary party which existed at the start of the 20th century ??
If that's the case, you might just want to say 'het'.

Спасибо Михаил, I'm obliged but its alliterative decoration would be lacking. We must not be detained by vanquished enemies though, like Horatius, may I call you to the bridge on the Corbyn thread. After what the Bolsheviks did to Mother Russia I am sure we can rely on you to resist their depradations on a prostrate Labour Party via this forum. A word of caution, however, I know you are of riper years and it may be wise to disguise the snow in your beard with a little Grecian 2000 before entering the fray.
They seem to be enraged by the aged.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Tony P wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:His recurring problems will certainly be a challenging task for our new medics to sort out - surprised he's not in Barcelona with the other injured players really.

Just say no.

OK - I say No to Nihilism

Are you referring to the Russian revolutionary party which existed at the start of the 20th century ??
If that's the case, you might just want to say 'het'.

Спасибо Михаил, I'm obliged but its alliterative decoration would be lacking. We must not be detained by vanquished enemies though, like Horatius, may I call you to the bridge on the Corbyn thread. After what the Bolsheviks did to Mother Russia I am sure we can rely on you to resist their depradations on a prostrate Labour Party via this forum. A word of caution, however, I know you are of riper years and it may be wise to disguise the snow in your beard with a little Grecian 2000 before entering the fray.
They seem to be enraged by the aged.

Thanks for the advice JC, but I always beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

As for being of "riper" years, that's a real compliment. The term 'antedeluvian' would be more appropriate :D :D :D :D :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:07 am

Anyone have a scooby as to where he is (or in fact care) guessing still injured but not seem much reported. Came up last night and couldn't for the life of me remember what / when the last update was
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:15 am

He's so forgettable. It was a nice surprise to see his name. That's right, he plays for us.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 am

Tonight would have been a good game for him. He seems eternally injured, he only cost around the 8mill i think, (only) but he hasn't contributed enough.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:48 am

I think if he can stay fit he could solve our left back problem.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 am

sheblue wrote:Tonight would have been a good game for him. He seems eternally injured, he only cost around the 8mill i think, (only) but he hasn't contributed enough.

he was in a free i thought?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 am

Wooders wrote:
sheblue wrote:Tonight would have been a good game for him. He seems eternally injured, he only cost around the 8mill i think, (only) but he hasn't contributed enough.

he was in a free i thought?

8M is right I think.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:17 am

I always like him when he plays. Sadly, that is hardly ever. If he could stay fit, I reckon Pep could do wonders with him
Fidel Castro

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:39 am

Putting the injury issues aside, he is essentially Gareth Barry. When on the field he is limited player who does what he does pretty consistently. Will never be starter in Champion's League final but we need that kind of depth from players who QUALIFY AS HOMEGROWN over the season.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 am

well Delph had an op on his groin last week and is out for the next 7 weeks minimum. I got this info from his wife!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:11 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Putting the injury issues aside, he is essentially Gareth Barry. When on the field he is limited player who does what he does pretty consistently. Will never be starter in Champion's League final but we need that kind of depth from players who QUALIFY AS HOMEGROWN over the season.

Essentially Gareth Barry?

If only!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Putting the injury issues aside, he is essentially Gareth Barry. When on the field he is limited player who does what he does pretty consistently. Will never be starter in Champion's League final but we need that kind of depth from players who QUALIFY AS HOMEGROWN over the season.

If only!

I know Barry had his massive fans. I always saw him as a workhorse jack of all trades master of none. Fantastic player to have on the bench yet never quite good enough to be regular starter for competitive team.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

If only!

I know Barry had his massive fans. I always saw him as a workhorse jack of all trades master of none. Fantastic player to have on the bench yet never quite good enough to be regular starter for competitive team.

Seriously underrated, his savvy was his biggest asset, something I still think we lack in the middle of the park.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am

If only!

Seriously underrated, his savvy was his biggest asset, something I still think we lack in the middle of the park.

Agree. He stopped our attacks at several times against Everton despite being restricted to walking speed.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah I agree too.

Barry not a starter?

Pmsl
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:27 pm

GB was excellent for us, his reading of the game and positional sense were second to none (probably still are don't watch Everton that much). I was disappointed when we moved him on, so prematurely.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:well Delph had an op on his groin last week and is out for the next 7 weeks minimum. I got this info from his wife!!

My goodness WW, I hope you're not really The Family Man in disguise, as it were.

[Just joking :) :) :) ]
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:56 pm

If only!

Better value and quality than any of the players we bought Garcia, Fernando, Delph.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:well Delph had an op on his groin last week and is out for the next 7 weeks minimum. I got this info from his wife!!

Groinded !
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum