Sagna

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sagna

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:47 pm

I know we played a shit Villa side, but I thought Sagna looked very composed in central defence yesterday. He was definitely better than Otamendi.

Can Sagna play permentantly there ahead of of NO or MDM?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Sagna

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Bluedj wrote:Can Sagna play permentantly there ahead of of NO or MDM?

Sagna should be offered an extension given that MDM is leaving and he is an experienced player who can play two positions
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:

Sagna should be offered an extension given that MDM is leaving and he is an experienced player who can play two positions

He has another year on his contract after this season, doesn't he?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Not seen enough of Sagna at centre half to be sure. Just not sure that Sagna paired with the Otter would have the physical strength to cope with Lukaku or Giroud for example. Sagna may be ok next to Kompany though.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Bleed_Blue wrote:

He has another year on his contract after this season, doesn't he?

Yes I'm sure he signed for 3 years
South Stand Balti

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:18 pm

A fill in at best. He is not a centre half. That's not to say he isn't an important part of the team who can deputise if necessary but he is not the answer
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Personally I'd play him ahead of MDM but he's not very tall and neither is Otamendi.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:55 pm

blues2win wrote:Personally I'd play him ahead of MDM but he's not very tall and neither is Otamendi.

True, yet they both are more athletic, very good with their head, and can jump quite high.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:01 pm

blues2win wrote:Personally I'd play him ahead of MDM but he's not very tall and neither is Otamendi.

Would you play him ahead of Mangala?
South Stand Balti

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:30 pm

I dont think Sagna lacks for strength - he has a naturally muscular build. I think he's earned another game in central defence for me. (Not that he's done much wrong at rightback)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:38 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Would you play him ahead of Mangala?

I'd play me ahead of Mangala.

I'd say sell him, but where to and who's going to pay the wages a £40m footballer must be on?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm probably old fashioned but I like one of the two centre backs to be tall and aerially dominant. I guess that's why Hughes wanted Terry. Faced with a choice between Mangala and Sagna I'd just go for Mangala, mainly because he's left footed but I'm losing faith in him. He's athletic and strong but he doesn't seem to have a football brain. Like the others he'd probably play better with Kompany who will be back..well when?!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Could do a similar job to Paul Parker.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ray78 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 pm

Good emergency cover but not ideal for long periods. Sagna is better off in his natural position.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 am

Sagna has been a revelation this season and thank god the club stuck with him cause I think we'd have been fucked at RB without him. However, good enough to play a cup game at CB is one thing, he's not a long term replacement for any of our first choice centrehalves and probably not for Mangala either.(Who is nowhere near as bad as the incompetent fool people make out). MDM is a good servant to the club who did a job when we needed him to, however his positional play can only mask a lack of pace to a point and that time was about 6 months ago. Sagna over MDM? I think it's worth a try.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Not seen enough of Sagna at centre half to be sure. Just not sure that Sagna paired with the Otter would have the physical strength to cope with Lukaku or Giroud for example. Sagna may be ok next to Kompany though.

Are you wishing a serious/imaginary injury on Sagna?
Scatman

Postby Ray78 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Slim wrote:Sagna has been a revelation this season and thank god the club stuck with him cause I think we'd have been fucked at RB without him. However, good enough to play a cup game at CB is one thing, he's not a long term replacement for any of our first choice centrehalves and probably not for Mangala either.(Who is nowhere near as bad as the incompetent fool people make out). MDM is a good servant to the club who did a job when we needed him to, however his positional play can only mask a lack of pace to a point and that time was about 6 months ago. Sagna over MDM? I think it's worth a try.

A definite no from me. Demichelis is performing like he had done when he first joined the club and even on current form is the better centre back.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Ray78 wrote:
Slim wrote:Sagna has been a revelation this season and thank god the club stuck with him cause I think we'd have been fucked at RB without him. However, good enough to play a cup game at CB is one thing, he's not a long term replacement for any of our first choice centrehalves and probably not for Mangala either.(Who is nowhere near as bad as the incompetent fool people make out). MDM is a good servant to the club who did a job when we needed him to, however his positional play can only mask a lack of pace to a point and that time was about 6 months ago. Sagna over MDM? I think it's worth a try.

A definite no from me. Demichelis is performing like he had done when he first joined the club and even on current form is the better centre back.

Sagna has to start at CB v Spurs assuming Vinnie is not fit yet (and I don't think he should be rushed for this one).

Today MDM's shit marking cost us in the first goal. In the 2nd Mahrez made him look like 60 yo pub league defender and in the third it was again his man who scored.

Kane, Lamela, Eriksen etc will have field day if daft Martin starts again
Last edited by Moonchesteri on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Sagna should have played today. He would have added a bit of pace to a back line which desperately needed it. MDM has lost whatever pace he ever had.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bluedj » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 am

MDM was a nightmare when he came to us. But Manuel persevered with him and to be fair he came good. He was left out of the starting line up at the beginning of the season for a reason, he's to old and he's slower than a sleeping slug. Yes he can pas a ball and bring the ball from the back, but today he was up against the paciest forward in the premiership who also is the leading goal scorer. (And I'm not even going there about how he cost us goals today)

So why the fuck does our manager insist in playing him, Sagna now has to play against spuds.

As for the f@@king oak tree routed to the middle of the field and slows everything down and loses possession more than i could ever believe really needs to be left out of the starting line up..........Yes you Yaya Toure. Man you've have been fucking amazing for us, but the truth is you are now shit and should just retire from this team and be remembered as a hero

As for Manuel, grow some, see what all us blues see............any cunts questioning Peps employment after today should go and get f@@king measure for a white jacket and spend there saving in a padded white cell time share

Tell me I'm wrong?????
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum