When do we worry about Leicester?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

When do we worry about Leicester?

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:49 am

All season it's been a case of Leicester's bubble will burst soon. Just wait until November. Then it was Christmas. Then the heavy fixture load in January. It's now February with just 14 games left and they are still top of the league! The bubble is showing no signs of bursting and if they win at ours on Saturday they will be 6 points ahead.

The pressure doesn't seem to affect them as they are not expected to stay where they are. Maybe, just maybe they will get really lucky with injuries and suspensions and maybe the FA will give them favourable referees.

Of course, should we win on Saturday then we go top of the league and should kick on. But we have at least an extra four big games over Leicester which will take their toll. I for one have discounted Leicester from the title race believing it a two horse race with us and Arsenal. At the moment it looks like I was very wrong
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: When do we worry about Leicester?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:56 am

In my mind you gotta treat them with the respect they deserve.

When we won our first title in the new era, everyone said that United had the upper hand because they had been there before. It counted for shit in the end, and it will count for shit this time round.

I believe their relegation battle last year will actually prove a big bonus to them in the run in - every year we see those scrapping at the bottom get big wins against the top teams during the run in. We have done well to put these teams away in the past, wheras the rags, arsenal and liverpool have struggled to figure this out in recent years - I think last years experience for Leicester shows them how to get results when it really matters, and their players will benefit from that experience.

Leicester I believe have a heavy reliance on a handful of players, and their risk in my opinion isn't choking, it's keeping them fit and available for selection in the run in.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 am

If they beat us on Saturday.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 am

craigmcfc wrote:If they beat us on Saturday.

This.

I personally feel we are on a bit of a roll and will beat them on Saturday but if they turn us over then they are deadly serious and for what it's worth if we dont win it i want them to as Arsenal are a fucking awful bunch.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:If they beat us on Saturday.

This.

I personally feel we are on a bit of a roll and will beat them on Saturday but if they turn us over then they are deadly serious and for what it's worth if we dont win it i want them to as Arsenal are a fucking awful bunch.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. Hate the thought of Arsenal finally winning the title again so if we end up out of the equation then I'll be hoping the Foxes manage it.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:25 am

Goes to show what a funny game football can be...ranieri cant get greece to beat the faeroes but could spring the biggest shock in english football...cant think of a bigger one...not over an entire season...ipswich winning the league under ramsey after being promoted maybe but i wasnt around then to gauge the reaction. In answer to the question...the time to take them seriously is now and all due respect to them if they finish ahead of us

edit:just remembered forest winning in 77-78....but even then, pool aside, the league was far more open.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 am

I kinda want them to win it in a weird way.

City are destined for great things for the rest of my lifetime. If Leicester can upset the balance it only makes the league even more interesting in future.

My dream is a genuine 5 horse race for the title every year going down to the final games of the season.

*Obviously with City winning it each time and United yo-yo-ing between div 1 and prem!
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby branny » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:37 am

Not worried about them if we get our shit together. If we don't they are in with a decent shout due to their fixtures after rhey play Arsenal. Spurs are the ones we need to watch imo.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 am

I think they could win it, but I think they won't. I reckon they'll end up finishing behind City, Spurs and Arsenal at the very least. It's just a bridge too far for them considering where they've come from, and one stuffing will knock the life out of them. Let's see if we can't dole it out at the weekend.

The OP's comment about their being provided 'favourable referees' is laughable. What, just to sabotage our title bid?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am

Fair play to them, playing some great stuff. Vardy is on fire and if Mahrez sorts his consistency out then they have a seriously good player there. Kante is top draw as well. There are in this, no mistake about that! Should be a belting game saturday with both teams going for it.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 am

Leicester are there on merit and deserve our respect. Agree with both Soccs & Branny in that they won't choke - it may be decisions that cost them, but if we keep on rolling, it's in our own hands. We have a big February ahead of us but if we get through to the end of it relatively unscathed, I'd back us over the rest
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I think they could win it, but I think they won't. I reckon they'll end up finishing behind City, Spurs and Arsenal at the very least. It's just a bridge too far for them considering where they've come from, and one stuffing will knock the life out of them. Let's see if we can't dole it out at the weekend.

The OP's comment about their being provided 'favourable referees' is laughable. What, just to sabotage our title bid?

You don't think the FA would want Leicester to win over us? It would do the PL good for an underdog to win. We know how corrupt referees are. Take a look at last night as just one of many examples. They would and will do what they can so we don't win the league. Of that I am certain
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:53 am

nottsblue wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I think they could win it, but I think they won't. I reckon they'll end up finishing behind City, Spurs and Arsenal at the very least. It's just a bridge too far for them considering where they've come from, and one stuffing will knock the life out of them. Let's see if we can't dole it out at the weekend.

You don't think the FA would want Leicester to win over us? It would do the PL good for an underdog to win. We know how corrupt referees are. Take a look at last night as just one of many examples. They would and will do what they can so we don't win the league. Of that I am certain

Don't talk nonsense. The talk of a league-and-FA-wide conspiracy to prop up the old 'Sky 4' at City's expense is far-fetched enough without throwing minnows Leicester into the mix. If they win the title, they'll have deserved it - even if they do get a few decisions go their way. They've played out of their skins whilst some of the biggest teams in the league (Stretford, Liverpool, Chelsea) have spent big and played like pricks.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:05 am

nottsblue wrote:

Hang on, is the fundamental point about the conspiracy theory that we aren't as big a commercial draw as the sky 4, so they want us to fail to keep the league ratings up?

Where does Leicester winning the league feature in that conspiracy?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:08 am

I think Spurs are the real danger.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:30 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I think Spurs are the real danger.

Me too, they are on a roll and we play them after Leicester too!

Big fortnight coming up.

Leicester will be in the running if they keep mahrez, vardy and okazaki all fit. It could happen and we need to make sure we do our bit and not allow them to take points off us. They play arsenal soon too.

Time for is to show our credentials
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:The talk of a league-and-FA-wide conspiracy to prop up the old 'Sky 4' at City's expense is far-fetched enough without throwing minnows Leicester into the mix.

looking at the league table today, it could be that - hypothetically, at least - none of the Sky 4 get Champs' League next season, with Leicester, us and Spurs taking the automatic places, and Arsenal going out in the Play-offs.

Is it taken for granted that Ranieri will win Manager of the Year? I'd assume so. He's only won one Manager of the Month award thus far, I've just seen.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:The talk of a league-and-FA-wide conspiracy to prop up the old 'Sky 4' at City's expense is far-fetched enough without throwing minnows Leicester into the mix.

looking at the league table today, it could be that - hypothetically, at least - none of the Sky 4 get Champs' League next season, with Leicester, us and Spurs taking the automatic places, and Arsenal going out in the Play-offs.

Is it taken for granted that Ranieri will win Manager of the Year? I'd assume so. He's only won one Manager of the Month award thus far, I've just seen.

City could win the quadruple and pellers wouldn't make the top 3. OK maybe 2nd to ranieri. ;-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:24 pm

They sure are looking quite good right now.

Big game this Saturday, and Spurs to follow.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm

So you think they'll earn 9 less points than those 3 squads in the next 14 weeks?

I wouldn't wager against them. If they beat us on Saturday then I'd say they're odds on for the title. However they have an injury to Vardy or that other fuck and they'll be 4th.

Tight ass line for them to walk. Surely a lot of fun tho imho.

Sadly tho this is a one trick pony. Their players will leave as will their gaffer and they'll be Leicester again after this season. But to have this one season is brilliant. If we don't win it surely I want them to.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum