When do we worry about Leicester?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: When do we worry about Leicester?

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 pm

If they get a result against us
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I think they could win it, but I think they won't. I reckon they'll end up finishing behind City, Spurs and Arsenal at the very least. It's just a bridge too far for them considering where they've come from, and one stuffing will knock the life out of them. Let's see if we can't dole it out at the weekend.

The OP's comment about their being provided 'favourable referees' is laughable. What, just to sabotage our title bid?

So you think they'll earn 9 less points than those 3 squads in the next 14 weeks?

I wouldn't wager against them. If they beat us on Saturday then I'd say they're odds on for the title. However they have an injury to Vardy or that other fuck and they'll be 4th.

Tight ass line for them to walk. Surely a lot of fun tho imho.

Sadly tho this is a one trick pony. Their players will leave as will their gaffer and they'll be Leicester again after this season. But to have this one season is brilliant. If we don't win it surely I want them to.

Cheers

They come to our place next and go to Arsenal after that. If they lose both of those games - and I believe they will - they'll find themselves in third or fourth with 12 games to go.

If they avoid defeat in both games, fair enough, they're the team to beat. Basically, I can only see them winning the league if they cling to the top spot right through to May. A huge task.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I think they could win it, but I think they won't. I reckon they'll end up finishing behind City, Spurs and Arsenal at the very least. It's just a bridge too far for them considering where they've come from, and one stuffing will knock the life out of them. Let's see if we can't dole it out at the weekend.

The OP's comment about their being provided 'favourable referees' is laughable. What, just to sabotage our title bid?

So you think they'll earn 9 less points than those 3 squads in the next 14 weeks?

I wouldn't wager against them. If they beat us on Saturday then I'd say they're odds on for the title. However they have an injury to Vardy or that other fuck and they'll be 4th.

Tight ass line for them to walk. Surely a lot of fun tho imho.

Sadly tho this is a one trick pony. Their players will leave as will their gaffer and they'll be Leicester again after this season. But to have this one season is brilliant. If we don't win it surely I want them to.

Cheers

They come to our place next and go to Arsenal after that. If they lose both of those games - and I believe they will - they'll find themselves in third or fourth with 12 games to go.

If they avoid defeat in both games, fair enough, they're the team to beat. Basically, I can only see them winning the league if they cling to the top spot right through to May. A huge task.

Let them win at Arse.

I would be better for the ...ehm ... the league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing them. I can see a great game coming with them causing us murders, we will win 3-2, but hoping for 6-0.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 pm

If they beat us. We then have Spurs. We could find ourselves adrift very easily over the course of the next month.
I hope we teach them a lesson but would take any flukey win.
Truth is, a draw is not the end of the world. keep in touch until the real business end of things comes around.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:45 pm

When do we worry about Leicester?
Right now; they are our next opponent!

Yesterday I saw a stat on TSN which showed points in league over the last 33 games. Leicester 72, City 68, Arse 64, Spurs 59.
Right now there is no reason why they can't keep that run going. Huge game on Saturday.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 pm

I started worrying last night. Thankfully we can do something to about it on Saturday. Fail to win that game and I'll be seriously concerned.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Its virtually unheard of in modern football for team to come from nowhere (no disrespect intended) and then win a major title.
It would be a miracle if they kept on going as they are not being affected by pressure at some stage. When the finishing line is in sight will they have the mental strength to see them through? who knows, But we will see, and if they do it, well its hats off to them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

You don't think the FA would want Leicester to win over us? It would do the PL good for an underdog to win. We know how corrupt referees are. Take a look at last night as just one of many examples. They would and will do what they can so we don't win the league. Of that I am certain

Don't talk nonsense. The talk of a league-and-FA-wide conspiracy to prop up the old 'Sky 4' at City's expense is far-fetched enough without throwing minnows Leicester into the mix. If they win the title, they'll have deserved it - even if they do get a few decisions go their way. They've played out of their skins whilst some of the biggest teams in the league (Stretford, Liverpool, Chelsea) have spent big and played like pricks.

Let's not forget the Sky 4 is rags, dippers, chavs and arse. Three of those cannot win the league. That leaves the arse as the only contenders from the powerbrokers. I would imagine Sky will want the arse to win, but if they don't or look like they won't after the usual March meltdown, then Leicester will be the horse they back. It sure as shit won't be us. They know that if Leicester do win it then it will be highly likely to be a one off, whereas if we win with Pep coming then we could dominate for the next few years. Something the money men at the Sky 4 won't be happy about one little bit.

The next PL contract is somewhere north of £5 billion. There is no way with that kind of money floating around the people in power won't try to do what they to get the results they want. It will fail of course but they will still try.

How many times has bogbrush been sent off. Or Shrek. Or Stevie starfish pulled up for diving. Or penalties awarded at Anfield or the swamp or the Emirates for the visiting side. Or added time being far more than should be. Or referees not awarding penalties to us(32 is it OD since last season?). It's these little things that they will try to even things up with.

I would be happy for Leicester to win the PL if we don't. But not at the expense of some refereeing decision either against us or for them. Putting on an impartial hat for a moment I actually think it would benefit English football if a club like Leicester could win it.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

You don't think the FA would want Leicester to win over us? It would do the PL good for an underdog to win. We know how corrupt referees are. Take a look at last night as just one of many examples. They would and will do what they can so we don't win the league. Of that I am certain

Don't talk nonsense. The talk of a league-and-FA-wide conspiracy to prop up the old 'Sky 4' at City's expense is far-fetched enough without throwing minnows Leicester into the mix. If they win the title, they'll have deserved it - even if they do get a few decisions go their way. They've played out of their skins whilst some of the biggest teams in the league (Stretford, Liverpool, Chelsea) have spent big and played like pricks.

Let's not forget the Sky 4 is rags, dippers, chavs and arse. Three of those cannot win the league. That leaves the arse as the only contenders from the powerbrokers. I would imagine Sky will want the arse to win, but if they don't or look like they won't after the usual March meltdown, then Leicester will be the horse they back. It sure as shit won't be us. They know that if Leicester do win it then it will be highly likely to be a one off, whereas if we win with Pep coming then we could dominate for the next few years. Something the money men at the Sky 4 won't be happy about one little bit.

The next PL contract is somewhere north of £5 billion. There is no way with that kind of money floating around the people in power won't try to do what they to get the results they want. It will fail of course but they will still try.

How many times has bogbrush been sent off. Or Shrek. Or Stevie starfish pulled up for diving. Or penalties awarded at Anfield or the swamp or the Emirates for the visiting side. Or added time being far more than should be. Or referees not awarding penalties to us(32 is it OD since last season?). It's these little things that they will try to even things up with.

I would be happy for Leicester to win the PL if we don't. But not at the expense of some refereeing decision either against us or for them. Putting on an impartial hat for a moment I actually think it would benefit English football if a club like Leicester could win it.

Is your 'impartial hat' wrapped in tinfoil?

I don't mean to be overly rude here, but that first paragraph is sheer drivel. If you choose to buy into the fantastical conspiracy theory that the PL/FA & match officials at all level are colluding to make sure the 'Sky 4' (not an official group, by the way) are looked after, then fine. To me, that is batshit enough, but throwing Leicester into the mix in order to conceive of a top-down 'anyone but City' fix-up is beyond ludicrous.

Look, we will win the league if we deserve to win the league. Who were the last champions who didn't deserve to win the Premier League? Answer me that.

A bad decision which favours Leicester to our detriment on Saturday does not give weight to your bonkers theory. Shit happens.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Who gives a fuck about anybody else?

You win your games you win the League.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Is your 'impartial hat' wrapped in tinfoil?

I don't mean to be overly rude here, but that first paragraph is sheer drivel. If you choose to buy into the fantastical conspiracy theory that the PL/FA & match officials at all level are colluding to make sure the 'Sky 4' (not an official group, by the way) are looked after, then fine. To me, that is batshit enough, but throwing Leicester into the mix in order to conceive of a top-down 'anyone but City' fix-up is beyond ludicrous.

Look, we will win the league if we deserve to win the league. Who were the last champions who didn't deserve to win the Premier League? Answer me that.

A bad decision which favours Leicester to our detriment on Saturday does not give weight to your bonkers theory. Shit happens.

We have differing opinions. Fair enough. I never have a problem with that. But I will just say, are you happy with the standard of referees we have had this season? If you are then fair enough. If you are not then a little bit of what I am suggesting may be close to the truth
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 pm

"Who were the last champions who didn't deserve to win the Premier League? Answer me that. "

Us in 2012 and 2014. We didn't deserve them titles we only won them because others who deserved them threw them away.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:59 pm

I hope those Leicester fans don't bring those stupid annoying plastic consetina clackers with them.

I also hope they start singing about winning the league and being top of the league etc etc. Then we stuff them and send them home with their little Fox tail between their legs.

Chat shit, get banged.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:We have differing opinions. Fair enough. I never have a problem with that. But I will just say, are you happy with the standard of referees we have had this season? If you are then fair enough. If you are not then a little bit of what I am suggesting may be close to the truth

We have had some bad decisions, but not because the PL and the FA have dictated to match officials that, come what may, Manchester City must not win the league.

If we don't win the league, I won't be looking for any excuses. We didn't win away for three months, we'd lost five matches by Christmas, and Leicester - a small club with relatively modest resources - have sustained an incredibly ballsy tilt at winning the league.

The best team will win the league. It always does. I believe that team is us, but we shall see.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"Who were the last champions who didn't deserve to win the Premier League? Answer me that. "

Us in 2012 and 2014. We didn't deserve them titles we only won them because others who deserved them threw them away.

We also barely scraped to those titles, even though we spent loadsamoney, disgraceful!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:Let's not forget the Sky 4 is rags, dippers, chavs and arse. Three of those cannot win the league. That leaves the arse as the only contenders from the powerbrokers. I would imagine Sky will want the arse to win, but if they don't or look like they won't after the usual March meltdown, then Leicester will be the horse they back. It sure as shit won't be us. They know that if Leicester do win it then it will be highly likely to be a one off, whereas if we win with Pep coming then we could dominate for the next few years. Something the money men at the Sky 4 won't be happy about one little bit.

The notion of a 'Sky 4' is coming up to being a decade out of date. Kids who were 4 years old when we were taken over will be 12 at the start of our next campaign. In their football-aware lifetimes (taken here as being from the age of 7), trophies will have been won by:
Birmingham LC
Us FAC, PLx2, LC
Rags PLx2
Liverpool LC
Chelsea FAC, PL, LC, CL
Wigan FAC
Swansea LC
Arsenal FACx2

Plus whoever wins trophies this season.

That's eight teams winning domestic trophies, with us being the most successful domestically, behind only Chelsea (who are equal in number of trophies won, but ahead on merit due to one of those being the Champions League), in a far more diverse field than ever over the past two decades. Over the past five seasons, we have only won one trophy less than the Rags, Arsenal and Liverpool combined. Add to that the fact that Swansea and Bournemouth (two teams from areas with traditionally high Rag/Liverpool support) have joined the Premiership, drawing tens of thousands of kids (and their accompanying money) away from the big clubs.

Do you really think 'the people in power' would have let this pattern go on for so long, were there some kind of conspiracy? Probably 2 million or so fewer people support the 'Sky 4' now than would have been the case had 'the people in power' stuck to any gameplan they had. The idea that there could be some conspiracy to get Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the Rags back to the head of the table is well and truly dead in the water.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Let's not forget the Sky 4 is rags, dippers, chavs and arse. Three of those cannot win the league. That leaves the arse as the only contenders from the powerbrokers. I would imagine Sky will want the arse to win, but if they don't or look like they won't after the usual March meltdown, then Leicester will be the horse they back. It sure as shit won't be us. They know that if Leicester do win it then it will be highly likely to be a one off, whereas if we win with Pep coming then we could dominate for the next few years. Something the money men at the Sky 4 won't be happy about one little bit.

The notion of a 'Sky 4' is coming up to being a decade out of date. Kids who were 4 years old when we were taken over will be 12 at the start of our next campaign. In their football-aware lifetimes (taken here as being from the age of 7), trophies will have been won by:
Birmingham LC
Us FAC, PLx2, LC
Rags PLx2
Liverpool LC
Chelsea FAC, PL, LC, CL
Wigan FAC
Swansea LC
Arsenal FACx2

Plus whoever wins trophies this season.

That's eight teams winning domestic trophies, with us being the most successful domestically, behind only Chelsea (who are equal in number of trophies won, but ahead on merit due to one of those being the Champions League), in a far more diverse field than ever over the past two decades. Over the past five seasons, we have only won one trophy less than the Rags, Arsenal and Liverpool combined. Add to that the fact that Swansea and Bournemouth (two teams from areas with traditionally high Rag/Liverpool support) have joined the Premiership, drawing tens of thousands of kids (and their accompanying money) away from the big clubs.

Do you really think 'the people in power' would have let this pattern go on for so long, were there some kind of conspiracy? Probably 2 million or so fewer people support the 'Sky 4' now than would have been the case had 'the people in power' stuck to any gameplan they had. The idea that there could be some conspiracy to get Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the Rags back to the head of the table is well and truly dead in the water.

That stat is a thing of beauty.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Never worry about Leicester or anyone else for that matter.It's our performances that matter and that's all we should be concerned about
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:06 pm

I would love us to win it any way possible. But the thought of arsenal giving us a guard of honour on the last home game is very mouth watering
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum