Spurs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spurs

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:So.. with the Silva injury, who are we even able to put out there?

Hart, Zabba, Baccari, Otter, past it 1, Kola, Cliché, Past it 2, Fred 1, Fred 2, Sterling, Kun, Nacho. plus the kids but they're not gonna start anyway so why bother. and willy.
then that's it right?

4-3-3 with nacho Sterling and Kun as top three? 4-4-2 with Kola or Delph as left mid? oh dear.

Play it solid next week
Hart
Sagna otter MDM Clichy
Zaba Fern 1 Yaya Kolarov
Ian
Kun
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:32 pm

Will smash us next week. Pace and energy will muller us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:10 am

The other night I had a bad dream we lost to Leicester and Spurs, then lost confidence as a team and struggled to make top four. I hope it doesn't come true. We were woeful today and need a transformation to get back on track. I'm struggling to remember the last time we were battered like that.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 am

Plain Speaking wrote:The other night I had a bad dream we lost to Leicester and Spurs, then lost confidence as a team and struggled to make top four. I hope it doesn't come true. We were woeful today and need a transformation to get back on track. I'm struggling to remember the last time we were battered like that.

how about...
spuds away
liverpool at home
stoke away
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:The other night I had a bad dream we lost to Leicester and Spurs, then lost confidence as a team and struggled to make top four. I hope it doesn't come true. We were woeful today and need a transformation to get back on track. I'm struggling to remember the last time we were battered like that.

Stop dreaming.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Just glad you didn't dream Clattenberg would be the ref for the Spurs game.... that would be a nightmare.
South Stand Balti

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Just glad you didn't dream Clattenberg would be the ref for the Spurs game.... that would be a nightmare.

I can't imagine why the FA might want to ref us out of the top 4, not with Guardiola rocking up next season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:54 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Hate to break the news to you....

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Am fearfull of a right going over by spuds.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:37 pm

CuteMancs wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Hate to break the news to you....

Just when you're hoping for some brighter news..........fingers crossed he's not chosen for Wembley too.
South Stand Balti

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 pm

JH
GC VK OTTO BS
FD FERN 1 FERN 2 RS
YAYA
SA

I think we are running out of options and ruining out of games. We can't lose anymore but that is not going to happen, I fear Spuds will out run and out battle us at the weekend.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Clattenburg in actually one of the better ones as long as it's not against Liverpool.

Just imagine if it was Madley or East! My heart couldn't take it.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Clattenburg in actually one of the better ones as long as it's not against Liverpool.

Just imagine if it was Madley or East! My heart couldn't take it.

Dean has been a right turd recently as well!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Sister of fu wrote:JH
GC VK OTTO BS
FD FERN 1 FERN 2 RS
YAYA
SA

I think we are running out of options and ruining out of games. We can't lose anymore but that is not going to happen, I fear Spuds will out run and out battle us at the weekend.

Is Vinnie supposed to be fit already?
Swap daft Martin in for him if not and maybe Zabs at RB and that's gonna be the lineup. I don't trust Yaya to be influential enough so I'd swap him with Nachos but that big man mountain is definitely gonna be in the starting XI. I'm not feeling confident
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Joe
Zaba otter Daft mart Clichy
Fern 2
Fern 1 Delph
Yaya
Sterling
Kun.
A diamond shape thingy. That's the team I think MP will pick. Personally I would have Nacho on before Sterling as I think he is further on in his development and more suited to playing just behind Kun. The other option would be the usual team format.
Joe
Zaba Otter MDM Clichy
Fern 1 Fern 2
Celina Yaya Sterling
Kun
South Stand Balti

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Would Yaya be any worse than MDM at centre half v spuds? Seriously. Kane and Ali and Erikson will make MDM look like a schoolboy
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would Yaya be any worse than MDM at centre half v spuds? Seriously. Kane and Ali and Erikson will make MDM look like a schoolboy

Sad end for MDM his lack of pace is the first thing teams look to get at.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would Yaya be any worse than MDM at centre half v spuds? Seriously. Kane and Ali and Erikson will make MDM look like a schoolboy

I don't think Yaya can turn quick enough to be effective either. We could play Sagna there though. Ali and Erikson will make those runs but I can't see who will do it for us.
South Stand Balti

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm

I am sure we all thought the two home games were our chance to kick on, just not been that easy all season, no form, nobody driving us on. I think Pellers has created his own problems via his stupid idea that City can steamroll sides when in fact the opposite has happened. Spurs will come to win, he has to get a result. 8 days to prepare. Failure will mean the season will be in the balance for me, our defence has got to be sorted or we face some very tough months.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 pm

To be fair, we could all probably call the team line-up knowing we've got fuck all to choose from.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum