Fizzling or sizzling?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fizzling or sizzling?

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
aaron bond wrote:If Aguero remains fit, we always have a chance.

We don't appear to have any game plan these days but with Aguero fit we can always turn a game.

There are clearly problems within the squad and only a fool would think differently.

I still think we can win the league. We have proven in the past we can come back to do so. But we have played the same tactics all season and we are completely predictable. Therefore if we win a trophy, it will be due to individual brilliance as every team knows exactly how we will try to play against them.

right now he's our only chance of getting anything v Spurs next weekend

The sad thing is next week Spurs will know exactly how we will set out to play.

It'd be nice if our manager recognised that but after nearly 3 years I'm not expecting it.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:22 pm

I fear we may start to fizzle. The players look knackered and with the schedule coming up it won't get any better soon. The game v Spuds is now crucial but a win v the dippers in the final could reignite the spark that appears to be lacking. Hope this is the case. Similarly a defeat there and another couple in the PL and we get nothing.

Fine lines between success and failure
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:I fear we may start to fizzle. The players look knackered and with the schedule coming up it won't get any better soon. The game v Spuds is now crucial but a win v the dippers in the final could reignite the spark that appears to be lacking. Hope this is the case. Similarly a defeat there and another couple in the PL and we get nothing.

Fine lines between success and failure

i don't see how they can be tired when they consistently deliver such half arsed performances
the sun is setting on quite a few city careers.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:43 pm

I have no sympathy for the exhausted professional footballer
Complete myth used as an excuse when team is shit
No goal today down to fatigue, down to lack of organisation, commitment and drive.
Also, due to injury plenty of our footballers have had a rest, some have just spent a lot of this season playing terribly
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:14 pm

No fight, you could see it a few weeks ago but results have gone well.

Silva is out of form

Aguero can't do it all on his own but is being asked to.

Defence is absolutely terrible. We should just set up for 1-0 wins, 10 behind the ball and Aguero up on his own because we basically play that way. Fucking statue football. Only 2 of them are arsed about surging forward. It's embarrassing.

It's a mental thing with us which use hat makes it inexcusable.

Media saying we are in with a shout for 4 trophies? Really? Do they watch us? We won't win a fucking thing and will be lucky to finish top 4.

Injuries are a huge part of it but fuck me it's frustrating.

We need to panic now and ensure we scrape 3 points in our home games and be happy with draws away. Fucking crisis.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum