What A Strange Season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What A Strange Season

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Can anybody explain it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: What A Strange Season

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:26 pm

No, but we will be out of all 4 comps by mid March.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:27 pm

The old adage of "football is a funny old game".

Why the bookies keep taking my money rather than the other way around
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:28 pm

I think there has been more money spent by mid table teams seeing increase in their quality. Spurs have spent a fortune for numerous years but finally have a very good manager. Leicester have found one season wonder method of playing against the rigid possession based style. When they play a similar styled teamed,eg Villa the other week, there isn't much between them- I'm not convinced it will work long-term and in Europe they will get punished for the amount they foul.
I think all the "big" teams have been badly managed this year. Could analyse failing of Pellegrini, lvtwat and others but been real decline in quality at the top.
Last edited by 30yeargloryhunter on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:30 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:No, but we will be out of all 4 comps by mid March.

we will get thrown out of PL ? for what, ruining football?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:No, but we will be out of all 4 comps by mid March.

we will get thrown out of PL ? for what, ruining football?

Wouldn't put it past them.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:53 pm

I kind of get how Raneri gets his team giving their all. Watched interviews with him this season and he comes across as such a positive influence and nice guy. It shows on the pitch how much respect his players have for him.

As for our season I do wonder how players must feel seeing a guy who is well past his best and lost his legs, leading the team and getting picked every week.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:55 pm

30yeargloryhunter wrote:I think there has been more money spent by mid table teams seeing increase in their quality. Spurs have spent a fortune for numerous years but finally have a very good manager. Leicester have found one season wonder method of playing against the rigid possession based style. When they play a similar styled teamed,eg Villa the other week, there isn't much between them- I'm not convinced it will work long-term and in Europe they will get punished for the amount they foul.
I think all the "big" teams have been badly managed this year. Could analyse failing of Pellegrini, lvtwat and others but been real decline in quality at the top.

Agree with this. The league is much of a muchness which is why it's been so unpredictable. A bit like the Championship.

No chance we'll see any English teams in the semifinals of Europe this spring. God help us if we get past Kyiv only to draw Barca - we'll be annihilated.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby PeterParker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can anybody explain it?

Imho, I think we can win the title, IF we go out the Champions League and FA Cup. The FA Cup games were a huge mistake, if you asked me, we should had lost at Norwich, sent the worst team ever, like, with Richard Wright forward and such. Instead we played there and with Villa and now with Chelsea, while our squad is decimated.

It was a clueless mistake, we cannot win all four competitions, who thinks otherwise might actually be mad. The problem is that we kinda need to qualify in the Champions League and reach the quarter finals. We need no have a good UEFA draw next season. The seasons we won it, it was like this, terrible february and march, then mad comeback in april.

If we are 6 points behind Leicester in april, we will win it.

PS: I for one I am really, really disgusted by the reaction of our squad. World class players my ass.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:13 pm

"World class" ridiculously overused. For me there is Ronaldo and Messi then a group of players below. I think we have one in Aguero
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can anybody explain it?

Imho, I think we can win the title, IF we go out the Champions League and FA Cup. The FA Cup games were a huge mistake, if you asked me, we should had lost at Norwich, sent the worst team ever, like, with Richard Wright forward and such. Instead we played there and with Villa and now with Chelsea, while our squad is decimated.

It was a clueless mistake, we cannot win all four competitions, who thinks otherwise might actually be mad. The problem is that we kinda need to qualify in the Champions League and reach the quarter finals. We need no have a good UEFA draw next season. The seasons we won it, it was like this, terrible february and march, then mad comeback in april.

If we are 6 points behind Leicester in april, we will win it.

PS: I for one I am really, really disgusted by the reaction of our squad. World class players my ass.

I said much the same in another thread, but was hoping for 3 behind at end of March!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:09 am

30yeargloryhunter wrote:"World class" ridiculously overused. For me there is Ronaldo and Messi then a group of players below. I think we have one in Aguero

I think you can add the odd defender and Keeper into the discussion but until you're not wrong.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum