Leadership

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Leadership

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:10 pm

gillie wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:As beer fuelled as we were Saturday are any an upgrade on Lescot 70 80 mill done in for bang average players who we cannot even hide the faults they have.

I think you need to ask the expert Carl that question.Yeah Carl's yer man on anything Lescott related:)

Id rather we played with 10 men.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:As beer fuelled as we were Saturday are any an upgrade on Lescot 70 80 mill done in for bang average players who we cannot even hide the faults they have.

I think you need to ask the expert Carl that question.Yeah Carl's yer man on anything Lescott related:)

We do most weeks anyway mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:

We do most weeks anyway mate.

Im in England for one fuckign week (go back tomorrow) and I've had nothing but shit from everyone about how embarrassing we were the other day, at least back in my coconut land hideout I can just turn off my phone ffs !!!.............Pellegrini does it to us every fuckign time when the whole world is watching us.

Fuckign still spewing...spewing because we have been shit for fuckign ages and I see no light.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ColinBell8 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Kompany & Lescott were our last solid defensive partnership but that was under Mancini, a more defensive minded coach. Pellegrini has no intention of addressing any defensive frailties we've shown now for far too long otherwise he'd have done it by now. It's his way or nothing it would seem.

The other thing we had in front of Kompany & Lescott was 2 hard working, tough tackling Midfielders in Barry & De Jong. Fernandinho & Delph could do a similar or better job but they keep getting switched around for Fernando & Toure who I could run past & I'm a 49 year old fat bastard.

On the goalscoring CB. Keith Curle used to score a few but he was penalty taker at the time, he was also a good leader/captain.
ColinBell8
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:14 pm

ColinBell8 wrote:Kompany & Lescott were our last solid defensive partnership but that was under Mancini, a more defensive minded coach. Pellegrini has no intention of addressing any defensive frailties we've shown now for far too long otherwise he'd have done it by now. It's his way or nothing it would seem.

The other thing we had in front of Kompany & Lescott was 2 hard working, tough tackling Midfielders in Barry & De Jong. Fernandinho & Delph could do a similar or better job but they keep getting switched around for Fernando & Toure who I could run past & I'm a 49 year old fat bastard.

On the goalscoring CB. Keith Curle used to score a few but he was penalty taker at the time, he was also a good leader/captain.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Would have loved to see Curle and Kompany as a centre back partnership
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:We chose the slowest 2 full backs in the squad today against arguably the quickest forward line in the Prem. I think the leadership needs to be from the top, so this will improve when MP leaves as we have regressed under his "leadership." I think Zaba and Vinnie are good leaders. I'm assuming a new, dominant central midfielder will arrive with the new manager. It's hard to know which new players will be leaders without seeing them regularly.

Picking Zabba over Sagna was the rright choice imo as he offers so much more going forward. Kola had such a mare today that in a hindsight maybe Clichy would've been the right choice but seriously I do not see how that would have changed the game. (and before you start going on about Clichy being the better defender that imo is bollocks and it is just as likely that Mahrez would've gone past him as well for the 1st so that's).

I was talking about this on Saturday morning with non-City mates. I said if we play our FBs in an attacking role we'll get murdered. Sagna and Clichy would've been far better, probably not good enough, but a correct tactical decision. Instead Pellers plays right into Ranieri's hands. He must've been laughing his cock off when he saw his lightening attack would only have to outfox daft Martin and the Hipster. On. A. Plate.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ColinBell8 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
ColinBell8 wrote:Kompany & Lescott were our last solid defensive partnership but that was under Mancini, a more defensive minded coach. Pellegrini has no intention of addressing any defensive frailties we've shown now for far too long otherwise he'd have done it by now. It's his way or nothing it would seem.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Would have loved to see Curle and Kompany as a centre back partnership

As close to perfect that you could get for me.
ColinBell8
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby kinkylola » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:50 pm

we definitely did not need fullbacks picked on attacking prowess for last game. As was said previously our 2 slowest against the maybe the fastest attack in the league. Poor choice.

We also approach every game with the same strategy, and Leicester was perfectly set up to counter it. Complete mismatch and another lethargic performance from Yaya. Captain? Fuck off. If we could play with half the intensity that leicester have, we would walk the league every year. Tired of it, can't wait for a complete attitude change and shipping out players who don't/won't fit in, rather than making them vice captain.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum