Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Whassat wrote:The start of this window aint too promising. Nolito vs Zlatan? Fuck me. Rags are having a field day at that,

I'd rather Nolito. Genuinely, and he underwhelms me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Whassat wrote:The start of this window aint too promising. Nolito vs Zlatan? Fuck me. Rags are having a field day at that,

Why? 34 year old self obsessed over the hill footballer? I don't see the problem. I would much prefer a 29 yrs old in their prime than an over the hill old timer

35 this year even. The Swedish media are foaming at the mouth at the very thought of Zlatan going to the Rags but I have a sense that this will be more like when Drogba returned to Chelsea for a year. You know, to do a job, but not to be the star. I'd be surprised if he's a success.

Obviously I cried a bit inside when I wrote that. #conflicted
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why? 34 year old self obsessed over the hill footballer? I don't see the problem. I would much prefer a 29 yrs old in their prime than an over the hill old timer

35 this year even. The Swedish media are foaming at the mouth at the very thought of Zlatan going to the Rags but I have a sense that this will be more like when Drogba returned to Chelsea for a year. You know, to do a job, but not to be the star. I'd be surprised if he's a success.

Obviously I cried a bit inside when I wrote that. #conflicted

Not to worry mate, you can justifiably detest him now.

IWT sums up my thoughts, underwhelmed by Nolito but would still rather him than Ibra.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Nkhitarayan is a very good player but the comparison is probably with KDB. I'm happy with that. I think Chelsea bid 37 million for Stones so we're bound to have to pay a good deal more no doubt with add ons taken into account. The club will be banking on Pep getting the best out of a player who's got bags of natural talent. Same goes for Sterling. Thats one of the main reasons for getting Pep. Our transfer window still has a long way to go. Assuming we get Stones we need a pair of full backs but above all a top class central midfielder to replace Yaya. Looks like Navas may stay so no new wide player.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:08 pm

blues2win wrote:Nkhitarayan is a very good player but the comparison is probably with KDB. I'm happy with that. I think Chelsea bid 37 million for Stones so we're bound to have to pay a good deal more no doubt with add ons taken into account. The club will be banking on Pep getting the best out of a player who's got bags of natural talent. Same goes for Sterling. Thats one of the main reasons for getting Pep. Our transfer window still has a long way to go. Assuming we get Stones we need a pair of full backs but above all a top class central midfielder to replace Yaya. Looks like Navas may stay so no new wide player.

Nolito played a wide role for Spain. Genuinely haven't seen him at all until the Euros but he seemed like the made sense in an underwhelming Spanish side. Make of that what you will. Solid la liga record last season tho. Who knows.

I just hope we get some fullbacks lined up here. Like fucking gold dust really and probably the most important position in the "modern" game. Dunno really what that comment means for Peps style tho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 pm

United got themselves quite a player in Mkhi. gutted.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:20 pm

phips wrote:United got themselves quite a player in Mkhi. gutted.

You get better with each post cunthole.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:36 pm

I was really talking about Leroy Sane as a wide player. I'm not sure we'll get him now.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:53 pm

blues2win wrote:I was really talking about Leroy Sane as a wide player. I'm not sure we'll get him now.

I think if Pep can get the best out of Raheem we may not need Sane.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

You get better with each post cunthole.

Cheers

It's impressive alright.

Also, what kind of a fucking team will dortmund have left? They lift their skirt more often than Southampton ffs.

On the plus side, I suppose they still have Phips.
Original Dub

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:26 pm

I meant Watford in not accepting the bid. If the player then decides not to move then that is another matter. But £37m for Watford is a very tasty profit on the player[/quote]
genuine question: how much is the difference in the money that Watford will make by staying up next season vs going down? Isn't it a lot more than 37m? Or was that just this last season? Ighalo is the type of player that can keep them up.[/quote]
That is true. But £37m for a player that cost nothing two years ago us good business. That would buy a lot of other players. Also, there is no guarantee Ighalo or any forward for that matter, will remain injury free and score goals. I'd have thought better to cash in and free up more money to strengthen the squad myself[/quote]

I agree it's great profit-wise, but not sure if I agree they can buy a lot of other players with that money.

When Troy Deeney is being valued at £30m and teams like Palace, Stoke, West Ham etc. are all capable of paying £30m+ plus for players, the competition for signings will be tougher than ever.[/quote]

Its actually getting silly now...when people are worrying about interest rates going up half a percent, middling football clubs that sell half a lager for 4 quid and have a hole in the ground for a toilet spend half the GDP of a small country on players who struggle to boil an egg.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 pm

aaron bond wrote:We are increasingly becoming the only club linked with John Stones, and for around £50m.

Why are we going after him? How on earth has his valuation ended up like this? The £30m Chelsea offered last year was absurd, but now his valuation has increased after a shocking season.

I'd love to be wrong and for him to turn out to be an excellent player but I'd rather we wait at least one more year to see how he develops. Even if that means someone else buying him. But he's not shown anything that shows he deserves to be playing for us, never mind at £50m.

I think this has been answered many times here and elsewhere, but I'll give it another go:

1) Stones is a ball playing defender, meaning good with the ball at his feet, which is what Pep wants from his defenders to play out of the back quickly to catch the defence off balance given how highly organised they can be to prevent attacking oriented teams from utilising their strengths. This is a trend with high quality attacking teams with signing defenders, like it or not.

2) He is young and perhaps was in a bad situation last season at Everton under Martinez where their entire defence was a shambles, whilst Pep is known for developing young talent. He actually was not bad in the last few appearances with England other than that one mistake he was ridiculed for in the media that many defenders have made before.

3) The price for players, especially high potential, young, homegrown talent, is just the way it is going to be with all of the money in the Prem due to the new TV deal (i.e. 20m players going for 30m+). If you join our club then there can be even an additional attempt at further taxation. I have been expecting the price to be even more than £50m, to be honest, with the way things are going now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby freshie » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:16 pm

And we didn't with Gundogan?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:34 pm

We did. I'd love to see him without his knee brace. I know he will miss the start of the season but it would be good to see he's on the way. A stupid basketball injury.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:19 am

If it makes you feel any better, you're still a cunt, so nothing has changed that much
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:34 am

freshie wrote:

for the life of me i cannot figure out how those 2 are related. i must applaud your imagination and how hard youre trying.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:22 am

phips wrote:
freshie wrote:

for the life of me i cannot figure out how those 2 are related. i must applaud your imagination and how hard youre trying.

What a wanker
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:00 am

PrezIke wrote:
aaron bond wrote:We are increasingly becoming the only club linked with John Stones, and for around £50m.

Why are we going after him? How on earth has his valuation ended up like this? The £30m Chelsea offered last year was absurd, but now his valuation has increased after a shocking season.

I'd love to be wrong and for him to turn out to be an excellent player but I'd rather we wait at least one more year to see how he develops. Even if that means someone else buying him. But he's not shown anything that shows he deserves to be playing for us, never mind at £50m.

I think this has been answered many times here and elsewhere, but I'll give it another go:

1) Stones is a ball playing defender, meaning good with the ball at his feet, which is what Pep wants from his defenders to play out of the back quickly to catch the defence off balance given how highly organised they can be to prevent attacking oriented teams from utilising their strengths. This is a trend with high quality attacking teams with signing defenders, like it or not.

2) He is young and perhaps was in a bad situation last season at Everton under Martinez where their entire defence was a shambles, whilst Pep is known for developing young talent. He actually was not bad in the last few appearances with England other than that one mistake he was ridiculed for in the media that many defenders have made before.

3) The price for players, especially high potential, young, homegrown talent, is just the way it is going to be with all of the money in the Prem due to the new TV deal (i.e. 20m players going for 30m+). If you join our club then there can be even an additional attempt at further taxation. I have been expecting the price to be even more than £50m, to be honest, with the way things are going now.

4) Maybe clubs are aware that a deal is close and don't want to be seen as being 'snubbed'?
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:00 am

PrezIke wrote:

4) Maybe clubs are aware that a deal is close and don't want to be seen as being 'snubbed'?
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:51 am

Turns out Toni Kroos has a buyout of £63m. Great player but not sure if he's worth that much. But then again, Pogba would be close to £90m.

Anyone think Joe Allen might be worth a punt at £10/12m? He plays the possession game that Pep favours and always looks comfortable on the ball.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum