Sir Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sir Fernandinho

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:38 am

Frenkie or Ndombele perhaps. Or someone else. Maybe a left back to free up Delph.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:16 pm

How much we missed him on his usual position.
Old but still smart as fuck. A fantastic footballer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:04 pm

The main issue last year, not Laporte.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Spot on.

Even at 47 he made a difference. I like rodri but seeing fern roll back the years last night reminded me that no one has come close to replacing him in the current side.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Exactly. Fern where he should be. Goodbye to rodri and gundo as a chuckle pairing and Garcia shoukd have been playing since December.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 am

Love the guy, he is a true legend. It’s a fact sadly we need to find a new version, he and Rdders lost Control of the centre mid after an hour v Wolves, that needs addressing as much as Mendy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:51 am

Hazy2 wrote:Love the guy, he is a true legend. It’s a fact sadly we need to find a new version, he and Rdders lost Control of the centre mid after an hour v Wolves, that needs addressing as much as Mendy.

I'd put that down more to match fitness than anything else. Wolves hung back most of the first half, as they usually do against us, then went for it in the second half. We held on, just about weathered their best efforts, then gained control again as they tired due to their own lack of game time. That match sharpness will return in a couple more games and Fern, playing in his natural position, will be fine imo
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 am

Fern is almost irreplaceable, fucking vermins reckon Fibino is better player haha

Give Rodders time, he's a different player, we should play to his strengths not replicate Fern, two different players with different assets.
it's kind of contradictory, we moaned when Fern played out of his position and he became ineffective, don't understand why the animosity towards Rodders, for starters Gundo should never play alongside him.

P.s Fern developed into an excellent player in his late 20s, let's not be so hasty.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby stupot » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 am

Fern has been awesome for years for us and definitely still has a lot to offer.
What he doesn't have any more are the legs to play central mid on a regular basis. He did some good things the other night, some not so good things but he looked like he was struggling 2nd half.

Rodri had a really good game. He wasn't as bad last season as a lot say. He's still young and i reckon this will be a cracking season for him.

Sir Kev did more tackles than both of them.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 am

stupot wrote:Fern has been awesome for years for us and definitely still has a lot to offer.
What he doesn't have any more are the legs to play central mid on a regular basis. He did some good things the other night, some not so good things but he looked like he was struggling 2nd half.

Rodri had a really good game. He wasn't as bad last season as a lot say. He's still young and i reckon this will be a cracking season for him.

Sir Kev did more tackles than both of them.

I don’t think Fern’s legs should be judged based on the other night mate. He’s technically had no pre-season and probably isn’t up to full match fitness (like a lot of the squad).

On Kev, over the last year he’s worked his bollocks off tracking back and getting stuck in. It’s been great to see and definitely something he didn’t do a lot of previously. He’s actually become a decent tackler.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Was good to see him in his natural position against wolves, what a super player. Does all the unglamorous stuff that’s so important to glue the team together. Underated but not by City fans.

We won’t get 40+ games out of him this season as he’s not the spring chicken he once was. But he still has a lot to offer hopefully.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:44 pm

The only player who elbowed Costa.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:42 pm

littlebig wrote:Was good to see him in his natural position against wolves, what a super player. Does all the unglamorous stuff that’s so important to glue the team together. Underated but not by City fans.

We won’t get 40+ games out of him this season as he’s not the spring chicken he once was. But he still has a lot to offer hopefully.

Not underrated at all. Yet to hear a pundit or commentator who hasn’t extolled his virtues profusely. First it was Makalele and for the last four or five years he has been rightly regarded as the best DM in the PL, if not Europe. He is seen as the benchmark against which all other DMs are regarded
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 pm

What a fucking legend

During an exclusive interview with Fred Caldeira and TNT Sports, Manchester City captain Fernandinho has revealed the details of a meeting and a talk that he personally conducted with the entire squad after their defeat to Tottenham in late November that changed their season.

During an exclusive interview with Fred Caldeira and TNT Sports, Manchester City captain Fernandinho has revealed the details of a meeting and a talk that he personally conducted with the entire squad after their defeat to Tottenham in late November that changed their season.

Pep Guardiola's side are currently on a 25-game unbeaten run since their defeat to Jose Mourinho's squad in London, and have also won 18 consecutive matches across all competitions conceding just seven goals in the process.

It's a stark contrast from the form that City were enduring at the start of the campaign, which saw a 5-2 home defeat to Leicester City, a home draw with Liverpool, and a 2-0 defeat to Tottenham. Following the latter, Pep Guardiola's side were sat in 13th position in the Premier League table, with just 12 points from their opening eight games.
arsenal-v-manchester-city-premier-league (2)

Speaking on the run at the start of the campaign, Fernandinho has revealed details of a speech he conducted with the entire Manchester City squad, during an exclusive conversation with Fred Caldeira of TNT Sports.

On becoming captain, the Brazilian reveals that he had to adjust his role in the squad, given that he would be playing less due to age. As translated by @TheCitizensBR on Twitter, the 35-year-old said, "At the beginning of the season, I was elected captain, chosen by the players and staff members and obviously and with my experience, I knew that I would have fewer opportunities for games than in the past - so I tried to put myself in one position that I would be more useful than just to play."

He continued, "I looked for this way to lead the team and exercise this role of captain and seeing where we could improve, where we were making mistakes, and we needed this speech to find where we were making mistakes. We had several conversations throughout the season, me with Pep, with the staff, with other players, sometimes with some other individual players. So that made me gain their trust in the moment that was very complicated for us in terms of results."
manchester-city-v-sheffield-united-premier-league

Fernandinho went on to discuss the moment he decided to bring together the entire squad and speak to them about their responsibility to represent Manchester City and to live up to the expectations of both the club and the fans.

The captain explained, "With the sequence of negative results that we had, there were two defeats, but my understanding of the level we reached in the last seasons, we could not get used to these defeats at the beginning of the season. It was the moment that I decided to talk to everyone and I did well of course with them."

"For everything we achieved, we could be better at that moment and I think they understood. I tried to show them our responsibility to represent Manchester City, what they expect from us, what the fans expect from us, so it was a very frank conversation," Fernandinho said.

The former Shakhtar Donetsk man highlighted how that appeared to be the moment that saw results change and work in favour of the Manchester City squad. Fernandinho reassured that the reaction of the squad was 'fantastic' and that they 'felt the sincerity' of his words during the meeting.
arsenal-v-manchester-city-premier-league-9

"It was only between the players and from that moment on, the results started to be positive for us. It was fantastic because the reaction of the group in general was very good and I think they saw and felt the sincerity of my words at that sensitive moment for us."

Fernandinho finished by saying, as per @TheCitizensBR's translation, "Everyone's reaction was fantastic and I am very happy for the opportunity to do a job very important because when in the end when you lose everyone loses and when you win everyone wins too."

You can check out the full interview between Fernandinho and Fred Caldeira of TNT Sports below, where the captain discusses a variety of topics including his future, Lionel Messi, and racism in football.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:25 pm

PeterParker wrote:What a fucking legend

Pep Guardiola's side are currently on a 25-game unbeaten run since their defeat to Jose Mourinho's squad in London, and have also won 18 consecutive matches across all competitions conceding just seven goals in the process.

It's a stark contrast from the form that City were enduring at the start of the campaign, which saw a 5-2 home defeat to Leicester City, a home draw with Liverpool, and a 2-0 defeat to Tottenham. Following the latter, Pep Guardiola's side were sat in 13th position in the Premier League table, with just 12 points from their opening eight games.
arsenal-v-manchester-city-premier-league (2)

Speaking on the run at the start of the campaign, Fernandinho has revealed details of a speech he conducted with the entire Manchester City squad, during an exclusive conversation with Fred Caldeira of TNT Sports.

On becoming captain, the Brazilian reveals that he had to adjust his role in the squad, given that he would be playing less due to age. As translated by @TheCitizensBR on Twitter, the 35-year-old said, "At the beginning of the season, I was elected captain, chosen by the players and staff members and obviously and with my experience, I knew that I would have fewer opportunities for games than in the past - so I tried to put myself in one position that I would be more useful than just to play."

He continued, "I looked for this way to lead the team and exercise this role of captain and seeing where we could improve, where we were making mistakes, and we needed this speech to find where we were making mistakes. We had several conversations throughout the season, me with Pep, with the staff, with other players, sometimes with some other individual players. So that made me gain their trust in the moment that was very complicated for us in terms of results."
manchester-city-v-sheffield-united-premier-league

Fernandinho went on to discuss the moment he decided to bring together the entire squad and speak to them about their responsibility to represent Manchester City and to live up to the expectations of both the club and the fans.

The captain explained, "With the sequence of negative results that we had, there were two defeats, but my understanding of the level we reached in the last seasons, we could not get used to these defeats at the beginning of the season. It was the moment that I decided to talk to everyone and I did well of course with them."

"For everything we achieved, we could be better at that moment and I think they understood. I tried to show them our responsibility to represent Manchester City, what they expect from us, what the fans expect from us, so it was a very frank conversation," Fernandinho said.

The former Shakhtar Donetsk man highlighted how that appeared to be the moment that saw results change and work in favour of the Manchester City squad. Fernandinho reassured that the reaction of the squad was 'fantastic' and that they 'felt the sincerity' of his words during the meeting.
arsenal-v-manchester-city-premier-league-9

"It was only between the players and from that moment on, the results started to be positive for us. It was fantastic because the reaction of the group in general was very good and I think they saw and felt the sincerity of my words at that sensitive moment for us."

Fernandinho finished by saying, as per @TheCitizensBR's translation, "Everyone's reaction was fantastic and I am very happy for the opportunity to do a job very important because when in the end when you lose everyone loses and when you win everyone wins too."

You can check out the full interview between Fernandinho and Fred Caldeira of TNT Sports below, where the captain discusses a variety of topics including his future, Lionel Messi, and racism in football.

Fuck me another Ted Hughes post !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Ferna got them together and gave them all a good old fashioned bollicking.

***LIKE***
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:04 pm

PeterParker wrote:How much we missed him on his usual position.

Good summation from 6 months ago.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:How much we missed him on his usual position.

Good summation from 6 months ago.

I
He is like tranny and Messi very high standards and lives the life I hope he said to Mendy stop it you fucking clown!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 pm

Looks like he may be sticking around Mobberley for a while

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Looks like he may be sticking around Mobberley for a while

Excellent, now bring Zaba and Vinnie also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum