fa youth cup final

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: fa youth cup final

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Chelsea team look physically bigger than our lads, wonder what they feed them in cockney land?
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:02 pm

I think Nmecha has looked off the pace tonight. Almost weak. Is he carrying abknock or ill?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Spurge » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Chelsea team look physically bigger than our lads, wonder what they feed them in cockney land?

Yes they do was just thinking that they seem to be able to out muscle us all too easily this half. We need another spell. Hopefully Buckley can offer us something different.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Composure is not there second half.
Just need to take one of these chances.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:12 pm

What a goal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:13 pm

GREAT GOAL!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Update. Ray Wilkins is still a nonce.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Lovely finish by Nemane but a great team goal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Spurge » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:15 pm

We move Diaz into a more central role and he's much more involved again now. Within minutes we're level. Lets get another!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:16 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Update. Ray Wilkins is still a nonce.

He's getting worse as it goes on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Great equaliser now go get a winner for this leg anyway. Do away goals count double?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bluedj » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Diaz starting to take control against Chelsea Stupid Hair Cut Brigade
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Thought we had a relatively poor second half. Got going again towards the end.
Very sloppy in possession up front. Wasteful of some good chances.
The equaliser showed what we're capable of.
The left back had a torrid 20-25 mins. But fair dues he stuck at it and got himself going after being skinned a few times.
Davenport didn't get into it second half. Garcia was quiet, but Diaz looks very tasty.

Thought Nemane doesn't stop trying but Nmecha was off the pace tonight. Buckley when he came on, could have finished a couple of moves a bit better than he did.

All in all I think the gap between the two teams that was very evident last year, is not there this year. They have a good keeper and CB's but I think we have a team every bit as good.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Thought we had a relatively poor second half. Got going again towards the end.
The left back had a torrid 20-25 mins. But fair dues he stuck at it and got himself going after being skinned a few times.
Davenport didn't get into it second half. Garcia was quiet, but Diaz looks very tasty.

Thought Nemane doesn't stop trying but Nmecha was off the pace tonight. Buckley when he came on, could have finished a couple of moves a bit better than he did.

All in all I think the gap between the two teams that was very evident last year, is not there this year. They have a good keeper and CB's but I think we have a team every bit as good.

Good post. I agree entirely. We played our 3rd choice left back due to injuries. He struggled at times but did ok. Oliver looked good at right back and the centre halves were excellent. Garcia was very poor, but Kongolo for his non stop drive and brahim for his endeavour were very good. Davenport had a good first half and Nemane tried to get in behind. Nmecha was awful today, not seen him play so poor before.

Most touches on the pitch must have been to Grimshaw who is excellent on the ground and made a couple of good saves too.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Apparently Vinnie, Kun and Yaya were at the game.

As was, not too surprisingly, Aidy Boothroyd, the England under 19s manager. Not sure what Steve McClaren was doing there. Has he a new post we aren't aware of?

Will like to see the 2nd leg and this one on replay.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:Apparently Vinnie, Kun and Yaya were at the game.

As was, not too surprisingly, Aidy Boothroyd, the England under 19s manager. Not sure what Steve McClaren was doing there. Has he a new post we aren't aware of?

The whole 1st team squad were there for the first half and they then left and went to have their routine evening before a home game and didn't return for the second half.I sat 3 ft away from them and pellers.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Thought we had a relatively poor second half. Got going again towards the end.

Good post. I agree entirely. We played our 3rd choice left back due to injuries. He struggled at times but did ok. Oliver looked good at right back and the centre halves were excellent. Garcia was very poor, but Kongolo for his non stop drive and brahim for his endeavour were very good. Davenport had a good first half and Nemane tried to get in behind. Nmecha was awful today, not seen him play so poor before.

Most touches on the pitch must have been to Grimshaw who is excellent on the ground and made a couple of good saves too.

That was one tough game against the side most would say are the best around. Overall I do think they were bigger and stronger than us and that guy who played right back was seriously tall.I am sure he's been in their first team squad at some time.

A hell of a good battle and I think a fair result.As with a number of games against good sides we took our time to get into it as Chelsea pressed high but we never lost our cool and kept trying to play the ball out without resorting to long ball tacics which are a waste of time anyway with our forwards.

I felt for Nmecha tonight as he did have one of those games where he just couldnt get it right at the key moments. He has made great improvements this season but tonight he had a poor game and I bet nobody more disappointed than him. Down our left we had some problems with Joel Latibeaudiere struggling at times when they the the massive full back along with the wide player and he wasn't given much cover.

Although he struggled he stuck at it and gave his all and lets not forget he is only just 16 and he's a center half! Tosin and Humphreys I thoughts did well as did Oliver at right back even though he also is a center half. I have to say I was again disappointed at Manu Garcia. He sees things well and tries the passes but with limited success and somehow he seems to lose more midfield balls than he wins. I look for him to run things more but it doesn't seem to happen.

Brahim is a gem and for me should start centrally rather then the wide role he seems to be given for the first half. He is a clear threat and created some good situations but he did also give the ball away a couple of times in dangerous situations. I just love to watch him play and his energy and effort is excellent.

I still think we can win at Chelsea but it's one hell of a task.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

The whole 1st team squad were there for the first half and they then left and went to have their routine evening before a home game and didn't return for the second half.I sat 3 ft away from them and pellers.

Did you ask him who's playing against Stoke and why is Bony getting on ahead of Nacho.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Did you ask him who's playing against Stoke and why is Bony getting on ahead of Nacho.

I could have but we both know it is pointless.
Wonderwall

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Remember the 2nd leg is today!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

PreviousNext