RIP 'The Eithad'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: RIP 'The Eithad'

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Nick wrote:Agree with alot of the above.

Its so frustrating. I still get the buzz about going to a City game, I remember when I didn't have a season ticket at Maine Road, and the buzz of getting a ticket. But now, we dread it slightly due to the influx of tourist fans this season and Showsec's desire to ruin 'the matchday experience'.

Success - as Carl's writely states above, Munich, Dortmund etc etc all have fortresses. Success should not mean the atmosphere gets even worse, it should be the opposite. While I agree, there is an expectation of a win, goals, I still cheer every goal as if it is a decisive match winner. The atmosphere has been shit since we've moved grounds. I was never lucky enough to have a season ticket at Maine Road; I had to sit in the other stands. It was a bit crap their, but you could clearly hear the whole of the Kippax (thats AFTER the real/standing Kippax).

Since moving, we've tried to get pockets going, from South stand, to north/east corner, to 110/111 to back to the South.

My issue with tourists is that they are not interested in the game or city and so don't contribute anything.

My issue with City/showsec is that they are making things worse. I move a row back and block over every year. Every year showsec decide that standing starts further and further back. I moved to the side where every person stands. Since WBA; Showsec have decided that our row is now allowed to stand; despire every row behind standing, and wanting to. City's stance is safety'. How can this be truie when everyone is stood up just seats away and we have a full 3 tier stand stood up?

The most puzzling question is why the south stand is so crap. All the 'hardcore' that stood near me last year, moved to the south because of 1) money and 2) to stand. It is now silent. I wanted to stay in 110/109; to keep the atmosphere going. Whats the point in the problem moving and getting worse?

In reality there will be a mad scramble for tickets further back in 109 and in 110/111 and there isn't enough seats.

Surely thats says something to City? People want to be in this area and they want at atmosphere. There are enough empty seats all over the ground to house newbies that don't necessarily want to stand or sing.

I think the club is allowing the whole of south stand bottom tier as a singing section and they are allowed to stand next season. The issue for me is the clubs lack of consistency.

At the beginning of the season the club openly asked for a good atmosphere against Chelsea. We were all allowed to stand up on the south stand 3rd tier without anything being said and the atmosphere was delivered in spades. The next game everyone was forced to sit down by showsec. It's a joke. You either want something or you don't. They cannot just pick and choose to switch it on and off when you want.

I blame the club for causing atmosphere issues as they are consistently inconsistent in their approach and need to sort it out. Also the health and safety tag line rolled out is complete and utter bollocks used as an excuse.

When they allow standing, it's argument free. When they try to enforce the sit down rule, it leads to arguments with showsec and a lot of game time being missed due to people arguing.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Not dead tonight.

Nice loud boos as well. Excellent
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Etihad the resurrection and no goals to get us going yet. Hardly any Madrid fans and 3rd tier.
Wonderwall

Postby Duckman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 pm

it was fucking awesome, only martin tyler downer.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Watching the players come out to that scene was immense. Well done the lot of you! Loud n' proud!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Loved it. Didn't make it for a pint. Just got in on time. Had to stand at the back first half, before finding our seats second half. Didn't care. It was good for 0-0.
In City square now having first pint.
Cheers everyone.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Loved it. Didn't make it for a pint. Just got in on time. Had to stand at the back first half, before finding our seats second half. Didn't care. It was good for 0-0.
Cheers everyone.

Excellent, glad you got to see it, your schedule did seem a tad tight!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Loved it. Didn't make it for a pint. Just got in on time. Had to stand at the back first half, before finding our seats second half. Didn't care. It was good for 0-0.
Cheers everyone.

Excellent, glad you got to see it, your schedule did seem a tad tight!

Wouldn't you know....plane delayed.
Fuck it....young lad loved it. I'm on second pint then going to get something to eat. Great buzz about the place.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Atmosphere was fantastic tonight and the pre kick off stuff with the flags and shit was something to behold , fucks knows if we had scored early doors the roof would have deffo come off

fans and club were class tonight and not too many tourists ! CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:05 pm

City64 wrote:Atmosphere was fantastic tonight and the pre kick off stuff with the flags and shit was something to behold , fucks knows if we had scored early doors the roof would have deffo come off

I'm sure I count as a tourist, but I assure you I made myself heard.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:Atmosphere was fantastic tonight and the pre kick off stuff with the flags and shit was something to behold , fucks knows if we had scored early doors the roof would have deffo come off

I'm sure I count as a tourist, but I assure you I made myself heard.

Lol glad you and your lad had a great night pal
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 am

Not sure how Blues can get pissed off with going to the game, or open their mouths. Always been a social event for me so not just about the 'entertainment/buzz' of the game, it's about people more than anything, and they never change.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:38 am

I'm sure there was plenty of tourists, we were told on here that we were selling tickets 10 at a time ;-)

Sounded great from the crowded room I was in, even with the sound down.

Wish I was there!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:16 am

Well that bastion of English support known as talk sport radio and Mr Jason cunty was ripping into the fans and the poor atmosphere last night. Twitter was going bolistic but what can you expect from such a bitter pathetic broadcaster
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:28 am

Wonderwall wrote:Well that bastion of English support known as talk sport radio and Mr Jason cunty was ripping into the fans and the poor atmosphere last night. Twitter was going bolistic but what can you expect from such a bitter pathetic broadcaster

They are bitter, and they are pathetic. That's why I like them.

As for RIP the Etihad, never, it's just swings and roundabouts - I'll be back soon!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:30 am

Edit: Did I say Cunty? How have his team got on this season; eh Jase!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 pm

For what it's worth lads, it's not just around the Etihad. We went into town to try and get a late bite to eat after City Square.
My lad says to me that he thinks Manchester is one of his favourite Cities anywhere. I asked him why? Was it just because we go to the matches. He reckoned 'no'.
He likes the atmosphere and chat you have even with non City supporters. Likes the modern vibe.
We've never had any hassle from anyone over here. Probably helps. Had a good night overall. Got back to The Diamond Lodge late. Had a couple mire pints and a good chat with some City supporters rewatching the game on BT.
A good few Madrid fans there too. No hassle.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:For what it's worth lads, it's not just around the Etihad. We went into town to try and get a late bite to eat after City Square.
My lad says to me that he thinks Manchester is one of his favourite Cities anywhere. I asked him why? Was it just because we go to the matches. He reckoned 'no'.
He likes the atmosphere and chat you have even with non City supporters. Likes the modern vibe.
We've never had any hassle from anyone over here. Probably helps. Had a good night overall. Got back to The Diamond Lodge late. Had a couple mire pints and a good chat with some City supporters rewatching the game on BT.
A good few Madrid fans there too. No hassle.

Glad you and your lad had a great time
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Not sure how Blues can get pissed off with going to the game, or open their mouths. Always been a social event for me so not just about the 'entertainment/buzz' of the game, it's about people more than anything, and they never change.

Agree with this, but all the lads we've got to know around us feel exactly the same and as such we move every year so its the same old thing of new people every year. All the characters have moved to the South Stand, which as I've said is silent considering its the new 'singing section' and has 3 tiers of standers.

Off to Cyprus so will be cheering us on vs. saints and Madrid most probably in an Arsenal bar!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:03 am

we need one of those lads with a loud hailer to get the crowd going. and the singing section should all be bare chested
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum