Pep vs. Moanio - anybody worried?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep vs. Moanio - anybody worried?

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 am

My main concern is the fact we only have Pep for 3 years. In the past Mourinho has only stayed 3 years but he will want to try and change that. His ego is so big he will try to surpass red nose's career trophy haul. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to portray a new image, " a less conceited one"
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 22, 2016 9:29 am

pep just needs to stay classy and we'll be fine
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 22, 2016 9:56 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:If they'd got Simeone or Pocettino or Koeman, or had been able to get Klopp or Pep, I'd have been worried that a strategy was appearing. But Maureen! Ha fucking ha.

Rags I know didn't want him when he was leaving Madrid and don't like his football. After this season, they've been saying at least we'd win stuff but I'm not sure that is certain. Next season is going to be tough just to make the top 4, so how long will he get if it's not working and they're 6th? I don't see him lasting more than 18 months, but he could easily be another Moyes and gone by Easter

Exactly right, if they had gone for some of the aforementioned, it would show that they realise their situation, and are serious about doing something about it.
All this shows is that they've learned nothing, and their sense of entitlement is as great as ever.
And it shows beyond a shadow of a doubt how obsessed they are with trying to keep up with City.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 22, 2016 10:38 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Must be just me then. He is a proven winner at every club. Yes, his methods are questionable and he is detestable but he is a massive upgrade on Moyes or LVG. This upcoming season is the most important one, not the one in three or four years and i think he wil have the rags as title challengers again. Not like this season.

Also remember we have to up our own game this season as well or they could well finish above us. Long term it will probably end in tears but lets worry about the next season first

I agree with this. They will probably hit the ground running next season and I think almost certainly will be a challenger as he knows how to grind out results with an inferior team. Mourinho will soon alienate the fans with his style of play though, particularly if he doesn't start like a train - and this is the thing that will be interesting considering they seem to dislike Van Ghoul because of his style of play. Essentially they have this coming season to get it right, and potentially the season after. By the 3rd season they will be in chaos, (if it hasn't happened sooner that is).

Good analysis lads which I agree with. Mourinho WILL make them better and real challengers for all domestic trophies starting next season and that is annoying.

But overall/long term I am not worried as I think the City juggernaut is still just getting started.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:42 am

Absolutely loving this . We have appointed the best club manager in the world and the rags respond by hiring Maureen leaked to the media while the current manager is celebrating the filths first FA cup success in 14/15 years . Maureens appointment is toxic , the relationship of Maureen and his players and the club will be toxic and Maureen himself is toxic . BAD MEDICINE for the rags ........... sit back and enjoy it just gets better and better .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:My main concern is the fact we only have Pep for 3 years. In the past Mourinho has only stayed 3 years but he will want to try and change that. His ego is so big he will try to surpass red nose's career trophy haul. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to portray a new image, " a less conceited one"

He is getting the sack in his 3 year there. He cannot work long term, he does not know how to do that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Sun May 22, 2016 12:36 pm

They had to do something to appease the plastics We have the best manager in the world coming . They were / are shitting themselves . I know quite a few rags , not one of them has ever had a good word to say about Moanhinio . This is going to be fun .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dimples » Sun May 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Seemingly, it was a split decision to appoint Mourinho.
The Rags have a major split in the camp before he even arrives.
By his nature he is devisive so there will be even more splits - has to lead to a lot of in-fighting.

The more I think about this, the better it gets for us.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 pm

I hope Louie will go public after he gets the sack. It would be funny as fuck to hear.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Mata set to be sold by the same manager twice.

He and Yaya can create a support group.

Would've been interesting to see whether Terry had followed Mourinho had he not signed his contract extension

After the doctor issue, he dragged Terry off after his mare against us and it all fell apart. I suspect Terry was a major part of the problem - can you imagine him letting Cesc and Hazard put in the sort of performances they did if he was behind the manager?

If I'd been Conte, I'd have insisted the club got rid of him before I arrived so it didn't look like my call, but I didn't have to deal with him. First argument and he'll split the club again.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Sun May 22, 2016 1:11 pm

I'm not worried as we have a world class manager on his way, but Mourinho is the best appointment United could get considering Pep was not an option for them.

They haven't challenged for the title in 3 seasons and missed CL qualification in 2 of those seasons. Mourinho has made an immediate impact at every club he's managed and has always delivered trophies.

Because of his personality, he will leave after 2-3 seasons after falling out with some players and/or staff, but he is more than likely to have United challenging for honours next season and he should get them back in the CL, which is their short term goal.

He has lots of rebuilding to do as they have a weak squad but we have a weaknesses too that need to be addressed this summer.

Mourinho in charge of United will make them more attractive to potential new players despite no CL football to offer, but the lure of Pep plus CL football should ensure the players we target all want to join us over any other options they might have.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 22, 2016 1:46 pm

All of those youngsters (except Lionel Rashford) plus Mata need to start looking for new clubs.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby lonestay » Sun May 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Why are we getting hung up on having Pep for only 3 years ? Who knows we might be what he has been looking for and stay longer
lonestay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

lonestay wrote:Why are we getting hung up on having Pep for only 3 years ? Who knows we might be what he has been looking for and stay longer

The system/infrastructure/philosophy currently in place at City is independent of Pep.
Pep is here because he is a perfect fit to implement it (fast flowing attacking football, winning mentality, great coach, blood youngsters, etc...)
When Pep leaves, City will appoint another coach who fits the system/infrastructure/philosophy.

The system is the key, Pep fits our system (he may even have helped devise it), when he leaves, City will find another who slots in.

Its the opposite to the Rags under Fergie and Chelsea under Mourinho .
In both cases it was the manager that was important, the manager dictated the system, leading to turmoil when the manager left.

This is not an issue at City.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Has he actually signed it?

Nope.

Why is everyone talking about it like it's a done deal? (meaning the media) - the BBC even has a page for reaction to the appointment for fucks sake - an appointment that I can't see being confirmed anywhere.
I wouldn't put it past Mourinho's camp to be leaking information just to get his name in the media rather than the FA cup win.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Has he actually signed it?

Nope.

Why is everyone talking about it like it's a done deal? (meaning the media) - the BBC even has a page for reaction to the appointment for fucks sake - an appointment that I can't see being confirmed anywhere.
I wouldn't put it past Mourinho's camp to be leaking information just to get his name in the media rather than the FA cup win.

I think they have it on paper, the problem is Louie. They need to do something with his contract and to settle a release fee.

Regarding Mendes, the agent of Jose, he is as bad as the one Yaya has. Huge media rat.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Ray Wilkins says the rags have been disrespectful to Van Panface and should have followed City's example.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... um=twitter
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zuricity » Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm

I think that what the BBC did is disgusting and beyond a joke.

Within minutes of The rags receiving the Cup they post such trash on their website .

The government must look into such behaviour and hopefully make the BBC go private. So they can go bust.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sun May 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Short answer is no. Let the rags do what they want. We have the best manager in the world and will benefit from a rejuvenated squad next season. Can't wait to be honest.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ColinBell8 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Worried? Not a jot. Couldn't be happier. The bloke is a media driven egotistical knob. They deserve each other.
ColinBell8
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum