Midweek Games 25/4 - 29/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Midweek Games 25/4 - 29/4

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
bigblue wrote:What a goal it was too:

https://streamable.com/fdy9

I'm actually not that impressed. He was more or less allowed to jog into the penalty area and people moved of him instead of closing him down. Pep's a genius!

Come on, if it was one of ours it'd be a wankfest on here.

If it was Kane or Wooney it'd be a general media wankfest for a month.

Yeah, true, but it still doesn't take away the poor defending. Unless it had been a goal by Agüero, then it would of course have been pure genius.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:08 am

You have to admire what Atletico have done with their squad.

Lost De Gea and replaced him with Courtois. Lost Courtois and bought Oblak.
Torres > Aguero, Forlan > Falcao >Costa >Griezmann up top.
Had Godin & Miranda. Replaced Miranda with Gimenez and Hernandez looks great already and will replace Godin eventually.

Only recent failure was their inability to replace Filipe Luis last season
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Yeah, true, but it still doesn't take away the poor defending. Unless it had been a goal by Agüero, then it would of course have been pure genius.

If Nacho had scored it, this forum would crash from the excitement

If rashford had scored it, the media would unanimously agree that "he's definitely on course to be better than Messi without a doubt"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby gillie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Note the tone on BT Sport tonight for the dippers game very upbeat.Not downbeat like they are when we play, fuckin scouse loving twats.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:09 pm

gillie wrote:Note the tone on BT Sport tonight for the dippers game very upbeat.Not downbeat like they are when we play, fuckin scouse loving twats.

Not a great deal better on Setanta.
Denis Suarez playing for Villareal tonight.
Just put in a decent cross there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tueart's Pen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:13 pm

I just want Scouse out of this now, I don't need the idea of these twats winning this, and thus taking our fourth place cushion away
Tueart's Pen
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Tueart's Pen wrote:I just want Scouse out of this now, I don't need the idea of these twats winning this, and thus taking our fourth place cushion away

Dont worry. Irrespective of whether the dippers fluke the EL, fourth place is assured PL. Well, qualifying round at least.

But 100% agree i want the dippers to lose
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluedj » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:27 pm

I hate Milner, every time I see him and I would love to twat that Lalanna asshole, ever since Yaya picked him up and slung him on the deck
I just hate Scouse!!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Great. Dippers concede in last minute. Denis Suarez with the unselfish assist
nottsblue

Postby Bluedj » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:Great. Dippers concede in last minute. Denis Suarez with the unselfish assist

Great work by Suarez, bet he enjoyed that lol
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Suarez sinks Liverpool at the death. Played it on a plate for a tap in. He has a few mistakes in him but he is very talented.
Great control. Lacks pace but very, skilful.
Wish we could have held onto him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 pm

When Villarreal score in injury time and celebrate for a minute, how can the ref then blow up bang on 93:00 (at the end of the allotted three minutes)? Only a minor thing but it gets on my tits, stuff like this.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:00 pm

This aftermatch coverage is more biased than LFC TV.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Suarez sinks Liverpool at the death. Played it on a plate for a tap in. He has a few mistakes in him but he is very talented.

To be fair, in the last two years is it since he left or even three, how many games would he have got and at the expense of who? We got in the region of £1.5/2m for him I believe. Not all our promising talents will make it and I dare say a number will go on to better things in their careers but we have to make decisions based on how the guys are playing at a moment in time, probably based on the previous 12/18 months. He had not shown enough to warrant a place which would have held up Lopez and one or two others. As it happened, Lopez failed to make the grade with us but he needed to be given his chance.

Good luck to the lad though and I will be willing him to score at Anfield next week
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Suarez sinks Liverpool at the death. Played it on a plate for a tap in. He has a few mistakes in him but he is very talented.

To be fair, in the last two years is it since he left or even three, how many games would he have got and at the expense of who? We got in the region of £1.5/2m for him I believe. Not all our promising talents will make it and I dare say a number will go on to better things in their careers but we have to make decisions based on how the guys are playing at a moment in time, probably based on the previous 12/18 months. He had not shown enough to warrant a place which would have held up Lopez and one or two others. As it happened, Lopez failed to make the grade with us but he needed to be given his chance.

Good luck to the lad though and I will be willing him to score at Anfield next week

£2m seems cheap when you look at him now. He got a couple of chances in the league cup, didn't he and I thought did ok.
Setanta hailing him as the best player on the park tonight.
Talk of Barca wanting him back from loan next season. It would be hard to see who he would play instead of in that team.
I wouldn't mind him as an option on the bench for us this season. I'd have him ahead of Sterling anyday.
Anyway that bird has flown. I just hope we start to see us retain and play some of the talent coming through the current 16's and 18's.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

£2m seems cheap when you look at him now. He got a couple of chances in the league cup, didn't he and I thought did ok.
Talk of Barca wanting him back from loan next season. It would be hard to see who he would play instead of in that team.
I wouldn't mind him as an option on the bench for us this season. I'd have him ahead of Sterling anyday.
Anyway that bird has flown. I just hope we start to see us retain and play some of the talent coming through the current 16's and 18's.

I think your last line resonates with a lot of fans, myself very much included. I have high hopes Pep will start to utilise the Academy
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This aftermatch coverage is more biased than LFC TV.

Mcpointalot showed his class tonight. In so much he hasn't got any. "We will beat these. They are no good" was the gist of it. Didn't look at the scoreboard then Steve?
nottsblue

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:56 am

Media darlings beaten. Oh dear.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:10 am

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I think your last line resonates with a lot of fans, myself very much included. I have high hopes Pep will start to utilise the Academy

I was hugely dissapointed when we let him go as i thought he was quality anytime i seen him, sometimes our management are guilty for just goin for the big names that they buy rather than the players that come through, surely he could of had Sinclairs squad place and actually contributed?

He has been quality for a few seasons in spain now, there was talk of Barca keeping him with there first team this season before letting him go with the buy back clause(essentially a loan). I read somewhere only a few weeks ago that barca fans still think they should of kept him for this season.

Speaking of buyback clauses why dont we go down this route, barca always do it and they are no lose situations. If we had one on suarez we would just buy him back with a view to playing him or selling him for his now inflated price. Hes worth at least 10m now, could be two europa leagues in a row for him at 22 and already calls for a spain cap for him.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

He looked very comfortable on the ball and has been given time to grow into the role and plenty of game time by Villareal, he would not get that with City which is the main issue we have. If the youth player is not of Messi's level they are not given the opportunity.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum