City Square Tuesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City Square Tuesday

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Does this function as normal on a Euro night? Or does it get covered by the alcohol ban?

Sorry I'm not normally able to get up for Euro games, except by taking 2 days off work and spending loads of dosh, like tomorrow!

Nothing at all on the OS. I thought a quick phone call might do it, but as I was number 66 in the queue I thought I'd better leave the line free for all those cock-ups to be rectified.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: City Square Tuesday

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm

I stopped reading at "alcohol ban."

What kind of animals run your country?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:Does this function as normal on a Euro night? Or does it get covered by the alcohol ban?

Sorry I'm not normally able to get up for Euro games, except by taking 2 days off work and spending loads of dosh, like tomorrow!

Nothing at all on the OS. I thought a quick phone call might do it, but as I was number 66 in the queue I thought I'd better leave the line free for all those cock-ups to be rectified.

Its open as normal, you can eat drink and me merry with as much alcohol as you want
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I stopped reading at "alcohol ban."

Cheers

That's a UEFA thing. I think we should boo their anthem.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Cheers

Another reason to leave Europe eh?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Does this function as normal on a Euro night? Or does it get covered by the alcohol ban?

Its open as normal, you can eat drink and me merry with as much alcohol as you want

Thank you WW. Staying down at Sportcity Travelodge, so a quick pre-match route march.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:54 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Cheers

Another reason to leave Europe eh?

there's a reason the term "Continental" exists.

The English...the British...sensibility isn't European, as it's distinctly different. You've all got similar roots to some degree perhaps, but culturally, in the modern sense of the word, I can't remember any Englishman i've ever met who proudly thinks of himself as "European"...unless of course an American girl thinks of him as European...then you're all in...balls deep.

Plastic Euros, all of you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Cheers

UEFA.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Interesting Freudian Slip, there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:59 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Thank you WW. Staying down at Sportcity Travelodge, so a quick pre-match route march.

I'm just down the road in the Diamond Lodge. How long do you reckon it would take to walk. Mightn't book in until after 6:30pm
Is it easy enough getting a taxi if necessary. I'm sure it'll be rush hour traffic.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Cheers

European ones.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:49 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I'm just down the road in the Diamond Lodge. How long do you reckon it would take to walk. Mightn't book in until after 6:30pm
Is it easy enough getting a taxi if necessary. I'm sure it'll be rush hour traffic.

It looks long enough but it is one mile exactly straight up the road. Exactly double our usual walk from the velodrome car park. Crap weather forecast though
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It looks long enough but it is one mile exactly straight up the road. Exactly double our usual walk from the velodrome car park. Crap weather forecast though

About 10 mins walk , give Gorton a wide berth though or there is every chance you wont make the game ! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:46 pm

City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

About 10 mins walk , give Gorton a wide berth though or there is every chance you wont make the game ! :-D

Is that serious or joking City64 as I was going to cut through if I had time to walk.
I'm cutting it fine with the flight over, but was going to try to make a pint in The Townley beforehand. If not I'll just head to City Square.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:56 pm

IWT, you and John might want to check the OS as there is extra security tomorrow night, lots of bag searching etc, they advise getting to ground at least an hour before KO.

Perhaps regular CL goers can tell you if this bullshit just to get you in early or if there is any credence to it that differs from normal matchday we're used to?

Don't want to scaremonger, just making sure you don't miss out having braved the Irish sea!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Is that serious or joking City64 as I was going to cut through if I had time to walk.
I'm cutting it fine with the flight over, but was going to try to make a pint in The Townley beforehand. If not I'll just head to City Square.[/quote][/quote]
Lol , you will be able to see the Etihad from hyde road and yep bit rough Gorton . Lots of black cabs just flag one down if your stuck for time dead easy pal .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 pm

CTID Hants wrote:IWT, you and John might want to check the OS as there is extra security tomorrow night, lots of bag searching etc, they advise getting to ground at least an hour before KO.

Perhaps regular CL goers can tell you if this bullshit just to get you in early or if there is any credence to it that differs from normal matchday we're used to?

Don't want to scaremonger, just making sure you don't miss out having braved the Irish sea!

Just going to throw my bag into the Lodge and get down as quick as possible.
Maybe City Square is the better option this time around.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:10 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:IWT, you and John might want to check the OS as there is extra security tomorrow night, lots of bag searching etc, they advise getting to ground at least an hour before KO.

Just going to throw my bag into the Lodge and get down as quick as possible.
Maybe City Square is the better option this time around.

City Square will be buzzing and the only place you can buy alcohol at the Etihad , think I am heading there early doors myself to avoid the traffic and madness of rush hour city center.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:31 am

City64 wrote:About 10 mins walk , give Gorton a wide berth though or there is every chance you wont make the game ! :-D

We are banking on safety in numbers straight up the main road.

Trouble with City Square is it never seems to open early enough - on Saturdays anyway. I guess they don't want to encourage drinking :-)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Nicely drinking at the travel lodge. If I'd known Andy Dibble was the guest at the square.........
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum