*** CITY v Real Divers *** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** CITY v Real Divers *** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 am

I can only agree with Piccs regarding De Bruyne and Fernandinho. Both were quite average last night but Kev being moved out to the Left wing didn't help him and it also felt like a lot of momentum going forward was constantly being undermined by that Turkish prat in the middle with his suddenly picky reffing when we had possession in a decent situation.

No away goal conceded and everything to play for as we can definitely up our game attacking wise. And I suspect that we will get what we need.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 am

gillie wrote:
City64 wrote:How good are we at the back again all of a sudden ? Brilliant last night .

Playing our best 2 full backs in the back 4 helps means our CBs don't get dragged out of position all the time.

Very much so .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The Madrid fans really didn't like aguero. Booing him when whey could. I bet it made a nice change for Raheem to not be the pantomime villain.

without the booing you'd never know Raheem was on the pitch
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:46 pm

You wouldn't know he was on the pitch?

He is our top scorer in the Champions League and made the team of the whole group stage. You absolute bell end.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:You wouldn't know he was on the pitch?

He is our top scorer in the Champions League and made the team of the whole group stage. You absolute bell end.

That's as maybe but last night even though he only had fifteen minutes he barely touched the ball. Bags of potential but he has lost his way somewhat. I am not overly concerned at this stage because he is a young lad, still only 21 and a new manager will have a fresh outlook and he may have a different role to play. But last night I may as well have played as him for his contribution. At least Bale wouldn't be playing in the second leg.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:

That's as maybe but last night even though he only had fifteen minutes he barely touched the ball. Bags of potential but he has lost his way somewhat. I am not overly concerned at this stage because he is a young lad, still only 21 and a new manager will have a fresh outlook and he may have a different role to play. But last night I may as well have played as him for his contribution. At least Bale wouldn't be playing in the second leg.

He kept Marcelo at bay, he also made a couple of great runs in behind, if the passes to find him had been better then who knows, up until that point we barely ran in behind them at all.

His form did dip before his injury and there does seem to be a sense that his confidence has taken a knock but the slagging he's getting from some Blues is really not helping.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He kept Marcelo at bay, he also made a couple of great runs in behind, if the passes to find him had been better then who knows, up until that point we barely ran in behind them at all.

His form did dip before his injury and there does seem to be a sense that his confidence has taken a knock but the slagging he's getting from some Blues is really not helping.

Overall I agree. As stated he is young with bags of potential. He will come good I have no doubt. But a top player imposes himself on games and because maybe his confidence has been dented he is not doing that at the moment. Hope he plays Sunday as he is important to us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum