*** CITY v Real Divers *** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** CITY v Real Divers *** CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm

How we missed Yaya to put his foot on the ball. From the minute Silva went off we lost control. Nobody to dictate things in the middle.
Of our attacking players not one of Aguero, KDB , Ian or Navas can hold the ball and move it.
De Bruyne stank the place out, Fernandinho was pretty poor. And the strikers had no service.
If Silva won't be fit Yaya must play.

On the plus side Vincent and Clichy were very very good. And Hart? How the fuck did he make that save? Kept us in it.

But we're still in it.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 pm

How we missed Yaya to put his foot on the ball. From the minute Silva went off we lost control. Nobody to dictate things in the middle.
Of our attacking players not one of Aguero, KDB , Ian or Navas can hold the ball and move it.
De Bruyne stank the place out, Fernandinho was pretty poor. And the strikers had no service.

On the plus side Vincent and Clichy were very very good. And Hart? How the fuck did he make that save? Kept us in it.

But we're still in it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Missed the whole game due to being on the road but listened on 5live. Sounded absolutely fucking awful from both teams, like no cunt could string two passes together. I can only judge from the radio but for us it sounded like only Joe, Vinny and the otter actually played well.

For those that watched, can you tell me what it was actually like? I'm between two minds as to whether it's a lost opportunity (did we even have a shot?) or if it was actually a classically mature European performance.

Robbie Savage kept saying nil nil is a good result as in Madrid we'll definitely make a few chances. But from what I listened to we didn't create fuck all tonight.

Aguero worries me. Is he suffering from isolation and not having a proper strike partner or are all the injuries finally catching up with him?

All in all, judged only on the radio, I've come out of this a bit pissed off at what sounded like a very strong defensive performance, tempered by a more shithouse approach to actually wanting to beat the bastards.

I'm a bit negative about this due to the radio coverage. To be fair, they didn't slag us off at all and they made very clear that real were as dreadful as us. It sounded like a game littered with terrible decisions and wayward passing.

All the city fans calling in after the game were largely positive and fully in belief we'll go to Madrid and get the result based on what they saw tonight so I'm guessing my view of the game is tainted.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:How we missed Yaya to put his foot on the ball. From the minute Silva went off we lost control. Nobody to control things.
Of our attacking players not one of Aguero, KdB, Ian or Navas can hold the ball and move it.

But we're still in it.

Some of your adjectives can be questionable at times (De Bruyne....) but I appreciate your passion.

Clichy (putting Hart to one side for the minute), for me was arguably MOTM.

Where is Beefy by the way??
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Thought we played a good game. Sergio was well off the pace and should have been subbed off. However, we really showed Madrid that we are still in this and they have to come out to win. Good performances all over, Hart, kompany and Otter, also the two ferns. But Clichy was exceptional, he gave everything and some.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Thought we played a good game. Sergio was well off the pace and should have been subbed off. However, we really showed Madrid that we are still in this and they have to come out to win. Good performances all over, Hart, kompany and Otter, also the two ferns. But Clichy was exceptional, he gave everything and some.

Otter would be a very close second, VK and Joe have done what we (or should I say I've) expect of them?

I'm hoping other than debriefs and basic warm up training, the entire squad are given some serious RnR in the coming week, studying videos of Southampton and RM
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Very encouraged by Vinny's performance; in fact the back four were all good and Joe made two great saves when called on. The two Ferns were fine but of course it was a big miss not having Yaya to bring on for Silva. We'd have had much more of the ball with three in central midfield. Aguero did nothing much but was feeding off scraps. They marshalled KdB closely as they saw him as our main creative threat.

Everything to play for next week but we really could do without a crucial league match on Sunday. We should not be in the position we are worrying about the CL qualifying place. Pellegrini said he asked for the Sunday match to be brought forward to Saturday but the Premier League refused.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Silva is out of the 2nd leg as per MP
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Proper game of chess that was , Sergio needs to come alive in the 2nd leg in Madrid . Pepe and Ramos are very very good but prone to an odd error when under pressure and we need to get ginger kev running at them . Its going to be difficult over there for sure and we could get over run in midfield if Pellers doesn't get his tactics right , All in all quite happy with the result and performance tonight , Kompany , Ottamendi and Joe Hart immense . only just got in still buzzin very special in the Etihad tonight indeedy deffo want more of that thank you very much .

Ps Yaya will get slaughtered in Madrid , Kroos and co are different class in Madrid,s midfield awesome to watch , Yaya so past it and too slow will be a no contest for sure .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:I see the turkish cunt ref is having a go.

He was appalling. But not as bad as an English ref would have been.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 pm

sheblue wrote:
johnny99 wrote:Need to take Navas off

For who, think he's been good, worked hard.

He played well.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:11 pm

All to play for, as they say.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:19 pm

It was only in the final third where we didn't get it right tonight. Well maybe a bit sloppy from a couple of set pieces where Joe bailed us out.

Shame Silva went off and I think Pellers might have got the sub wrong if only because KDB should have been left in the central role. I love Kelechi but just think it was wrong to try and play two central strikers like that. Kelechi on the left side to leave Kevin central or maybe even Delph even tho we know he doesnt suit a wide role.

Losing Silva tho and not having another player who could hold the ball and pass to a City player was a big miss. Either Yaya or Nasri would have been perfect ( yes I know Nasri can't play)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:42 am

good result. didn't concede and now the away goals rule is in our favor.

can't help but feel disappointed though. no Benzema and no Ronaldo and we had a virtually healthy squad (until Silva went out).

no club has scored at the Bernabeu this CL season so it will definitely be tough, especially with Ronaldo back.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:48 am

Kun no service
Kev Breezy an absolute shithouse
Joe Hart worth the head and shoulders
Little else positive other than Vinnies effort

0-0 I would have taken but with tranny out it feels like a trick missed

Who knows if we can progress but we didn't get dicked and honestly made Madrid seem super average.

I'm conflicted tbh but we're still in with a shout so fuck it.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 am

Missing Silva in the return is a huge miss.

I can't help feeling that last night looked like a weaker side holding on to a draw and thus creating the illusion that there is still is some hope when in reality they will get overrun in the away game...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:14 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:How we missed Yaya to put his foot on the ball. From the minute Silva went off we lost control. Nobody to control things.
Of our attacking players not one of Aguero, KdB, Ian or Navas can hold the ball and move it.

But we're still in it.

Some of your adjectives can be questionable at times (De Bruyne....) but I appreciate your passion.

Clichy (putting Hart to one side for the minute), for me was arguably MOTM.

Where is Beefy by the way??

North A fucking 'merica at the moment mate, so too late, sorry, early, to get the thread up.

As for Piccs summation, just to say, I think he's wrong with the De Brown thing, but right with the Yaya bit.

Anybody seen that train?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:20 am

The Madrid fans really didn't like aguero. Booing him when whey could. I bet it made a nice change for Raheem to not be the pantomime villain.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 am

How good are we at the back again all of a sudden ? Brilliant last night .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 am

City64 wrote:How good are we at the back again all of a sudden ? Brilliant last night .

Playing our best 2 full backs in the back 4 helps means our CBs don't get dragged out of position all the time.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum