Aymeric Laporte

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aymeric Laporte

Postby Mase » Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 am

Spot on about everything but Fernando. He's been quality the last month or so since he's been given a proper run in the team. We got rid of Garcia just when he was getting used to the Prem. Why do the same with Fernando?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 13, 2016 7:43 am

Mase wrote:Spot on about everything but Fernando. He's been quality the last month or so since he's been given a proper run in the team. We got rid of Garcia just when he was getting used to the Prem. Why do the same with Fernando?

Fernando must stay, so as Navas and even the lesbian.

Amazing squad players, you need to have those in a long season. Our main concern should be the defence. At this point we have two big sicknotes: Denayer and Kompany, one worse than the other and two who look very poor, Otter and Mangala. Well, scratch that, we have one good defender. Sagna, one decent, Clichy and one that will give his all even if he is injured as fuck, Zabs.

We need to fix this before trying to to buy forwards, midfielders and so on. And fix it really smart, not with Laporte and Stones.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:14 am

sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:A keeper who knows his options before the other team are set, is going to make the keeper situation the focus of media fans alike. Joe is a top keeper, sweeper keeper who passes the ball like a MF player ?

There are like two of those legit keepers in the world.

We've got 6 roles to fill before we get to fixing Joe Hart.

2 defenders and one should be Denayer.
2 midfielders one attacking and one holding/DM
A striker.
A winger.

Then we can talk about a fucking keeper upgrade.

I'd be fine with the French broke dick fucker.

I don't think Mangala is done yet. He has more promise than Otters imho.

Fuck off Fernando. Yaya. Kolarov. At the very least. Push a fullback or two up from the academy.

Delph is fine as is Fernandinho.

Bony gets fucked off. Nacho and Kun and a new striker plus one academy lad are good for striker options.

Fucking goalie is our last position to even think about.

And fuck Stones. He's shit. He can fuck off. I don't want him.

Cheers

Your spot on there son.

There's a lot of rot to be cut out before Joe gets the bullet. A lot.

Joe is a top shot stopper and full of fight, that is not his problem, No passing ability will see him at Liverpool by July.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am

Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:A keeper who knows his options before the other team are set, is going to make the keeper situation the focus of media fans alike. Joe is a top keeper, sweeper keeper who passes the ball like a MF player ?

A striker.
A winger.

Fuck off Fernando. Yaya. Kolarov. At the very least. Push a fullback or two up from the academy.

Bony gets fucked off. Nacho and Kun and a new striker plus one academy lad are good for striker options.

Cheers

Your spot on there son.

Joe is a top shot stopper and full of fight, that is not his problem, No passing ability will see him at Liverpool by July.

Let's see how good his passing is when he has options to pass to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

A striker.
A winger.

Cheers

Your spot on there son.

Let's see how good his passing is when he has options to pass to.

Agree with that - oppo push a man onto Mangala and he has no choice but to go long to Navas and Aguero. Don't rate Stones as a defender, but I'd be happy to pass him the ball if he was marked.

If we can get a keeper who's as good a shot stopper, better at catching and a better passer then let's go for it, but there's not many of them about, especially not who are also home grown. But let's not swap a keeper who's good at being a keeper for one who'd make a half decent midfielder but can't win points through saves.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:00 am

So our second injured signing of the summer is on the threshold - or it's a slow news day at the Guardian. I guess it's easier to do this business as players with broken legs aren't tied up in the euros?

The gothically-named Aymeric Laporte:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tic-bilbao?

Manchester City are ready to pay the €50m (£39m) release clause to sign French defender Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao as Pep Guardiola steps up his recruitment drive for next season.

City confirmed the signing of Germany midfielder Ilkay Gündogan from Borussia Dortmund on Thursday for around £20m but with concerns over the long-term fitness of captain Vincent Kompany, central defence is seen as a major priority. As revealed by the Guardian in April, Laporte has been identified as new Guardiola’s preferred target despite the defender being ruled out until August with a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

Euro 2016: the complete guide to every squad and every player in France
Read more
City are understood to be preparing a contract offer for Laporte and his agents – former Spain internationals Carles Puyol and Iván de la Peña – before submitting their bid to Athletic.

Having turned 22 last week, Laporte has been a regular for the Basque club since 2013 and has now played more than 120 games in La Liga. He is also predominantly left footed - a trait that is believed to have been made a priority by Guardiola and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

Laporte, who moved to Athletic as a 16-year-old, has signed four contract extensions since December 2013 as his status as one of the world’s best young defenders has grown.

His potential signing would mean take the club’s spending on central defenders over the last two years to almost £99m, having spent £42m on Eliaquim Mangala in 2014 and £28.5m on Nicolás Otamendi last summer. City also already have highly-rated Belgium defender Jason Denayer on their books, who is expected to be given a chance to prove himself in the first team squad after spending the last two seasons out on loan
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Laporte - Denayer, moreso shaped by Pep, will be a dramatic improvement from the hopeless shite we had to eat in the last 2 seasons.
keep improving Mangala and holding breath on Vinnie for an additional season as worthy backups will do me very fine.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:09 am

Swales4ever wrote:Laporte - Denayer, moreso shaped by Pep, will be a dramatic improvement from the hopeless shite we had to eat in the last 2 seasons.
keep improving Mangala and holding breath on Vinnie for an additional season as worthy backups will do me very fine.

Denayer will do quite well to get a spot on the first team roster let alone be plugged in as a starting CB.

Clearly you've not been actually paying attention to the last "two years" of shite you've been forced to "eat."

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:44 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Laporte - Denayer, moreso shaped by Pep, will be a dramatic improvement from the hopeless shite we had to eat in the last 2 seasons.

Denayer will do quite well to get a spot on the first team roster let alone be plugged in as a starting CB.

Clearly you've not been actually paying attention to the last "two years" of shite you've been forced to "eat."

Cheers

What's the roster? Is that to keep track of who's turn it is to cut the half-time oranges?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:51 am

If anyone is shipped out it will be Mangala. What's this 'keep improving' business? He's never improved a jot. I've been very supportive of the lad but his positional play and marking are just wrong and, worst of all, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights with the ball at his feet, or should I say looks like Lescott? Can't see him in Pep's team long term.

And once again - what on earth makes you think Denayer is a top Premier League, CL challenging centre-back? Maybe I'm just one of the few on here without a crystal ball?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:30 am

john@staustell wrote:

If anyone is shipped out it will be Mangala. What's this 'keep improving' business? He's never improved a jot. I've been very supportive of the lad but his positional play and marking are just wrong and, worst of all, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights with the ball at his feet, or should I say looks like Lescott? Can't see him in Pep's team long term.

And once again - what on earth makes you think Denayer is a top Premier League, CL challenging centre-back? Maybe I'm just one of the few on here without a crystal ball?

However, Mangala had also played some majestic performances. He has all the attributes, he definitely deserves a chance under the Pep reign. I look forward to the Derby with Ibra in his pocket once again.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:38 am

The problem is hanging onto players makes our squad bloated and even more difficult for younger players to get through. I'm sure Soriano (sic?) talked about Pep operating with a 'small' squad so expect as players are bought at least one or two of the current squad to be thinned out. Therefore if we sign Laporte I expect not only Demichelis to go, but potentially Mangala or Otamemdi - probably the former as he's been here long enough and despite the odd outstanding performance we are still waiting for improvements and we cannot afford that, that's the sort of thing we'd expect from a youth team player without that high level experience which isn't something you could say about either of Mangala or Otamendi. My gut feeling is that'll be Mangala as Otamendi seems slightly more comfortable with the ball at his feet.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:10 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

However, Mangala had also played some majestic performances. He has all the attributes, he definitely deserves a chance under the Pep reign. I look forward to the Derby with Ibra in his pocket once again.

I think Costa has been in his pocket a few times as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am

Guess its to the bench for Stones
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby phips » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:11 am

very interesting how this came out of nowhere (in this window) and now sounds like a certainty.

after chasing Evans for so long (who is cheaper) now we've switched our attention (back) to Laporte. i wonder why.
also wonder why Laporte has changed his mind 6 months later. guess it's because of how well we're playing.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Interesting bits out today about why he's not playing for France from an interview that also goes against what I was hearing and posted here:

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=54246&p=933992&hilit=laporte+france+spain#p933992

Some strong words on Deschamps that are interesting as he is no Nasri as far as I can tell:

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:02 am

Imagine we had of got evans instead? Fucking hell thats some difference, a rolls royce or a ford fiesta type difference!

Im glad he doesnt play for france, more fresh for us.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am

Dubciteh wrote:Imagine we had of got evans instead? Fucking hell thats some difference, a rolls royce or a ford fiesta type difference!

Im glad he doesnt play for france, more fresh for us.

Shame we didn’t get him for the buyout of £39M rather than £57M we eventually stumped up. Agree with the France thing. International football could be abolished and I wouldn’t give a flying shit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm

So good. Easily the best CB in the league.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So good. Easily the best CB in the league.

Of course he is. But vermin Virgil will get all the plaudits.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum