Summer tours and matches

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Summer tours and matches

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 am

Can't remember previous rumours - except China. The OS has turned into an information-free zone on this, so does anyone know what our summer programme is?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Summer tours and matches

Postby bigblue » Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm

john@staustell wrote:Can't remember previous rumours - except China. The OS has turned into an information-free zone on this, so does anyone know what our summer programme is?

Best way to win more fans is to play great football and win things. To do that you need a proper preseason.

I vote to send them to La Paz for some non-glamorous high altitude training.

Chinese kit sales can wait for a year and they'll all just be wearing knockoffs anyways.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 18, 2016 12:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:Can't remember previous rumours - except China. The OS has turned into an information-free zone on this, so does anyone know what our summer programme is?

City will play United as part of ICC China in July 2016 in the first ever Manchester derby to take place outside the United Kingdom.

The game will take place at the iconic Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing on 25 July as part of the International Champions Cup China, before the Blues play Borussia Dortmund on 28 July in booming technology hub Shenzhen.

City continue to grow their profile in China through a number of initiatives. The Club recently announced a partnership with a China Media Capital-led consortium, which owns a minority shareholding in the Club’s parent company, City Football Group.

Omar Berrada, Group Commercial Director of City Football Group, said: "Everyone at Manchester City is delighted to be taking part once again in the ICC and there is a great line-up of matches.

"We are excited to return to China and to the Bird’s Nest for what promises to be a memorable tournament.

"I’m sure our fans will create an incredible atmosphere in the Bird’s Nest and in Shenzhen and we are looking forward to connecting with them both on and off the pitch.

"We are committed to having a long-term presence in China and to developing football across the country. We know our visit in July will form a big part of our continued growth."

City visited China as part of their pre-season tour in 2012.

Relevent Sports, Catalyst Media Group, and LeSports revealed the planned line-up and match schedule on Wednesday, along with fans, legends and executives at a launch event at the Bird's Nest.

Patrick Murphy, CEO of Catalyst Media Group said, “This year we will deliver three huge clubs each offering star-power, three modern venues in three first-tier cities, and a three-match schedule highlighted by a Manchester derby that that will be the talk of the nation and a topic of conversation all around the world.

"Starting from today, with the attendance of legends and executives here in Beijing, our participating clubs are determined to put on a true show for China.

"China’s ambition to elevate its status in world football is key for the sport globally. Via the ICC China, top international clubs are committed to contributing, through credible, regular and meaningful engagement in-market.”

City's International Champions Cup China 2016 schedule:

Manchester City v Manchester United

25 July 2016, 8pm (local time)

Beijing

Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City

28 July 2016, 8pm (local time)

Shenzhen

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/20 ... 1458659544
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby bigblue » Wed May 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Well then, maybe extreme air pollution can have the same effects as high elevation. Both force you to work with less oxygen than normal
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Other than China i cannot find anything else either, i guess with Euro's not finishing until 10th July & Copa America finishing June 26th in conjunction with new manager and players coming in i suspect for once the club have decided priortise the "getting to know you" process that will be essential.

Maybe some short notice games against Championship sides like Wigan, Blackburn or PNE?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 18, 2016 12:35 pm

A visit to Nottingham wouldn't be the worst
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CuteMancs » Wed May 18, 2016 1:21 pm

So that's two mid week games with 1pm Kick off, if my calculations are correct ?

I think a couple of extended lunch hours are called for :)

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 18, 2016 1:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Other than China i cannot find anything else either, i guess with Euro's not finishing until 10th July & Copa America finishing June 26th in conjunction with new manager and players coming in i suspect for once the club have decided priortise the "getting to know you" process that will be essential.

Maybe some short notice games against Championship sides like Wigan, Blackburn or PNE?

Thanks mate.

Must be a disappointment to them having a Europa team out there now, one with a well-deserved reputation for curing insomnia..

Maybe they will bin them for Leicester?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dunnylad » Sat May 21, 2016 4:37 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Other than China i cannot find anything else either, i guess with Euro's not finishing until 10th July & Copa America finishing June 26th in conjunction with new manager and players coming in i suspect for once the club have decided priortise the "getting to know you" process that will be essential.

How many matches & when would we play the qualifying rounds for UCL? I guess they might also swallow up any interest in too much pre-season malarkey - although I bet a City XI appears at a local non league ground like Alty etc
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Dunnylad wrote:How many matches & when would we play the qualifying rounds for UCL?

Our UCL qualifying games are 16/17th & 23/24th AUGUST, by which time we will have played 2 premier league games......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunnylad » Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:How many matches & when would we play the qualifying rounds for UCL?

Our UCL qualifying games are 16/17th & 23/24th AUGUST, by which time we will have played 2 premier league games......

Cheers, not as early as I expected - but worried though all these extra competitive games, copa America, euros - the players are going to fooked again lets hope we don't add to this by signing a couple of sick notes
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Cheers, not as early as I expected - but worried though all these extra competitive games, copa America, euros - the players are going to fooked again lets hope we don't add to this by signing a couple of sick notes

that's why getting 3rd should have been a must.
new manager, new system, 1 week vacation or pivotal time wasted for pre-season drills.

we might get through the quali even missing a few. but how the rest would eventually take it.
worst year to end 4th. luckily enough, only kun, if he stays, bound to Copa America.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 22, 2016 6:30 am

Swales4ever wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

new manager, new system, 1 week vacation or pivotal time wasted for pre-season drills.

we might get through the quali even missing a few. but how the rest would eventually take it.
worst year to end 4th. luckily enough, only kun, if he stays, bound to Copa America.

It was a must. But we didn't. Footballs a bugger like that!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dunnylad » Sun May 22, 2016 8:40 am

Swales4ever wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

And Otamendi, plus there's the Olympics but hopefully sense will prevail & they don't ask for Aguero although I see Ian could be going (I guess the rest are vulnerable particularly Fernando or Fernandinho) Then throw in the euros and that's potentially Hart, Sterling, Delph, KDB, Silva, Mangala, Sagna - that's nearly a first XI without a break & you're right they (i did right we, but it isn't the fans fault so they will do) cocked it up by finishing 4th
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Mon May 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

And Otamendi, plus there's the Olympics but hopefully sense will prevail & they don't ask for Aguero although I see Ian could be going (I guess the rest are vulnerable particularly Fernando or Fernandinho) Then throw in the euros and that's potentially Hart, Sterling, Delph, KDB, Silva, Mangala, Sagna - that's nearly a first XI without a break & you're right they (i did right we, but it isn't the fans fault so they will do) cocked it up by finishing 4th

Ciao Jim, apology for late replay.

You beat me on the pessimist's race: I took it for granted that senior players are not to be involved in the Olympics. Hope I haven't just mistook for granted, the Italian praxis to line up under 21 with a few (2/3) overaged, usually picked up from the emerging talents among lesser Clubs. Otherewise that would be a serious mess, indeed.
Also I deliberately took the diving butcher out of the equation, as I'd be shocked if Pep should start building his notoriously propulsive defence from such a lesser educated feet.
I reckon, should the milking duo underperform again on the transfer market, he'll rather try to make a Mascherano/Kompany out of Fern2. Or trying and promote a lad from Accademy, even though I'm not aware if there's already an enough nurtured talent, who could make it as actual prospect.

[p.s. how is Dad? havent notice him online for a while. Pls pass on him my very best regards]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Manchester City will complete their preparations for the 2016/17 season with a friendly against Premier League rivals Arsenal.

The match will take place in Sweden, on Sunday 7 August, at the Ullevi Stadium in what will be the conclusion of Pep Guardiola’s first pre-season.

Taking place one week before the start of the new Premier League campaign, City travel to Gothenburg for the first time to take part in the Supermatchen, which returns after a two year break.

The friendly follows the Blues’ tour of China and offers Guardiola one last chance to finalise his plans ahead of the new season, when City will once again compete for silverware on four fronts.

This will be the first all-English Supermatchen and City Football Group chief commercial officer, Tom Glick, is pleased the Club have the opportunity to participate in the landmark fixture.

He said: “Everyone at Manchester City is delighted to be taking part in the Supermatchen, which will provide the team with valuable preparation for the season ahead and allow us to further engage with our fans in Sweden.

“This match marks the team’s first visit to Gothenburg so we’re looking forward to connecting with our local fans both on and off the pitch.”

City’s last friendly against the Gunners also took place on foreign soil and a repeat result would be a welcome bonus ahead of the new season.

That day, goals from Pablo Zabaleta and Yaya Toure handed City a 2-0 victory in front fans at China’s Bird’s Nest Stadium.

Tickets for the match will go on sale at 12 noon on Thursday 9 June and will be available at: http://www.ticketmaster.se

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1464963743?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Beats getting hammered by Stuttgart I suppose.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby gillie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 am

Apparently Pep's first game in charge will be against Bayern Munich on the 20th of July.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:25 am

So - Bayern, Scum, Arsenal. Imagine what a field day will be had interpreting those meaningless results - for all concerned.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 am

Dunnylad wrote:plus there's the Olympics but hopefully sense will prevail & they don't ask for Aguero although I see Ian could be going

I'd guess Ian will be off to this, plus Zuculini if fit (any news on him?). There's also a chance, like you said, that one of Fernando or Fernandinho (most likely the latter), as well as possibly Zabba (again, if fit) could be called up.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum