Ilkay Gundogan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ilkay Gundogan

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Got a Tweet through with Ikay helping out disabled kids.Class Guy.

What the fucks he doing at the rags academy :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:16 am

nottsblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Got a Tweet through with Ikay helping out disabled kids.Class Guy.

What the fucks he doing at the rags academy :lol: :lol:
I know its fucking wrong............ but i laughed ....a lot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God forgive me. :oops:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 am

I know these past 2 matches have been against lower opposition that we were supposed to crush but I've gotta hand it to Ilkay, he played very very well in both. He gets a lot of schtick but his distribution was class in the last 2.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:52 am

Been good for a couple of months now. I won't go as far as saying "class" like some people have until he's done it against a decent opponent.

But he's a very good option to have as a squad player and he doesn't seem to moan about being on the bench.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 am

Mase wrote:Been good for a couple of months now. I won't go as far as saying "class" like some people have until he's done it against a decent opponent.

But he's a very good option to have as a squad player and he doesn't seem to moan about being on the bench.

I think with the long term and serious injuries he has to accept that and probably appreciates his body needs the rests and recovery so being a squad player suits him
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 am

I don't think he has something to moan about. I reckon this is like a relationship:

- We realised that this is about it, we can't get more from him and it is good enough to have a squad player that can decide games and doesn't moan.
- He realised that he will never get a better contract and his legs are not what they used to be, so why moan and disrupt a very decent role and salary?

So win win I reckon. I would rather have Gundo, than any rags midfielders, including Pogba.
Maybe Mata, but he is not even near of Dave King Silva.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:13 pm

ive been one of his biggest critics, but fair play he's really showing quality now. motm last night for me. yeah ok it was 'only' burton but still...he was a lot like KDB spraying passes around, little through balls, chips over the top.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Mase wrote:Been good for a couple of months now. I won't go as far as saying "class" like some people have until he's done it against a decent opponent.

He came on at 1-1 against dippers who are fairly decent. Played 25 mins and saw us to the win.

He’s doing well and will continue to grow with confidence
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

He came on at 1-1 against dippers who are fairly decent. Played 25 mins and saw us to the win.

He was ver good against Everton a few weeks ago too and a brilliant cameo in the derby, not sure whether they're deemed decent.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He was ver good against Everton a few weeks ago too and a brilliant cameo in the derby, not sure whether they're deemed decent.

"Brilliant cameo in the derby" - yeah he was decent. "brilliant" is reserved for Bernardo's performance against the dippers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

"Brilliant cameo in the derby" - yeah he was decent. "brilliant" is reserved for Bernardo's performance against the dippers.

Ok, sorry
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Ok, sorry

No worries, I accept your apology.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Yea he's done well.
But I am not so sure we're ever going to see the dynamic driven midfielder I remember at Dortmund. Too many injuries I suppose.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:24 am

I really like Gundog, I think he would hit some really good form if he is given a long run of games. He is showing some excellent vision and touches and can score too. He is becoming the player we thought we had signed, so good on him for his hard work to get back after lengthy spells on the treatment table.

I don't get the boo boys on his back, if he misplaces a pass, it gets a bigger groan in the ground then if KDB or any of the Silva's did the same. Strange attitude to an excellent player who can make a big difference for us.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 am

Wonderwall wrote:I really like Gundog, I think he would hit some really good form if he is given a long run of games. He is showing some excellent vision and touches and can score too. He is becoming the player we thought we had signed, so good on him for his hard work to get back after lengthy spells on the treatment table.

I don't get the boo boys on his back, if he misplaces a pass, it gets a bigger groan in the ground then if KDB or any of the Silva's did the same. Strange attitude to an excellent player who can make a big difference for us.

I suspect he will possibly head home to Germany either this summer or next whilst he's still the right side the right side of 30 for regular football if he cannot get it here?

He's like the 2019 version of Sun jihai in some ways, only really a regular starter in the shadows of others yet expected to perform at the drop of a hat. You a right WW, he is better player than he gets credit for in some quarters.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I really like Gundog, I think he would hit some really good form if he is given a long run of games. He is showing some excellent vision and touches and can score too. He is becoming the player we thought we had signed, so good on him for his hard work to get back after lengthy spells on the treatment table.

I suspect he will possibly head home to Germany either this summer or next whilst he's still the right side the right side of 30 for regular football if he cannot get it here?

He's like the 2019 version of Sun jihai in some ways, only really a regular starter in the shadows of others yet expected to perform at the drop of a hat. You a right WW, he is better player than he gets credit for in some quarters.

It's expected for everyone mate. Danilo, Jesus, Zinchenko - where we are now they all need to be able to perform when given the chance.

It's quite obvious with Gundo that he's improved over the last few months. Everyone has noticed it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Have to admit that hes been great in Fern's position all season. Hes not a like-for-like replacement but he controls possession better and has a better pass. Id like to keep him for maybe 2 more seasons
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun May 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Fully agree. He’s been outstanding the last few games and today topped with a great goal.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby dazby » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 am

An amazing goal. World class.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon May 13, 2019 3:33 am

I think at times a lot of us have been guilty of not recognizing him changing his game to fit into a new position, me included. He’s been bloody brilliant at times this season and a rock during the run in.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum