Ilkay Gundogan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ilkay Gundogan

Postby bigblue » Tue May 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Three pages and not a single eurotrance youtube. How are we supposed to know how good he is?

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 24, 2016 3:21 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Too much money.

Class, but not someone we can trust. Maybe the club knows something we don”t.

I hope.

It'll be one of the cheapest deals of the summer mate.

Particularly for the quality we are getting. Easily 35m+ if his contract goes a year longer. Was perhaps lower as well due to the two big injuries, but rumour on the fee was not too much higher than the 19.2+add ons that we are hearing now.

Also, there is no FFP so how much is this really going to hurt us? It actually would allow for more money to go towards another player, yet it's more than fair for fans to feel some anxiety about signing injured players given our recent history.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 24, 2016 3:28 pm

PrezIke wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I hope.

Particularly for the quality we are getting. Easily 35m+ if his contract goes a year longer. Was perhaps lower as well due to the two big injuries, but rumour on the fee was not too much higher than the 19.2+add ons that we are hearing now.

Also, there is no FFP so how much is this really going to hurt us? It actually would allow for more money to go towards another player, yet it's more than fair for fans to feel some anxiety about signing injured players given our recent history.

No FFP?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Announced this afternoon according to BILD.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 24, 2016 5:19 pm

I haven't seen a lot of this fucker since i follow Manchester City Football Club and not Dortmund. However, i am intrigued by the idea of this fucker and Silva, and Fernandinho forming a midfield core that offers a lot of flexibility. He looks pacy on the youtube as well, which we're sorely lacking outside of "Rarely Playing Raheem" and "No Final Ball Navas."

Add that Spanish Thiago gent that keeps following Pep around like a lost puppy and we're laughing.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I hope.

No FFP?

Okay, it's not gone, but the rules are more relaxed and revenues so high mow that it matters much less.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ester-city

So why is everyone spending like it’s going out of fashion again?

Two reasons. One is that revenues have vastly increased, particularly in England with Premier League clubs eyeing another huge increase next season once the new £8bn-plus TV deal (including overseas rights) kicks in. That obviously gives them more cash to spend, even if they are aiming to break even, and fuels inflation.

And as transfer fees can be amortised over the length of a player’s contract, they can in effect start spending that cash now. The second is that Uefa earlier this year relaxed the FFP restrictions.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby HailNerdQueen » Tue May 24, 2016 10:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:boy that was cute of you. manipulating something unrelated (that was about the trio all leaving) to make your point and excluding the thing that contradicts your point.

phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And back to the original bone of contention, why are you so adamant that those three players won't be sold? City want Gundogan, Madrid want whatshisname? and Bayern want Reus. I'd say the chances of at least two of the three being sold are fairly high. Oh and then there's Weigl too, he's attracting a lot of interest.

Im certain Gundogan will leave.

here you go: http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51270&p=769650&hilit=gundogan#p769650

You said it, if you had been more specific in the first place I wouldn't be assuming that your "clarification" was just back tracking.

He left this bit out;

HailNerdQueen wrote:
Let's see how well they do next season without Reus, Gundogan & Aubameyang
phips wrote:
aint happening so theres no point speculating.

which is what my tongue in cheek reply to Doomie was about.

That is a thing I said
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby phips » Wed May 25, 2016 1:38 am

Hazy2 wrote:Like the player outstanding when playing for Dortmund. How can a player with a dislocated knee get a move. Has football changed so much from back in the day. Have medicals since been dispatched at City, when, Real Madrid or Barca/Bayern sign a player we see enter a medical facility, pics of them them hooked up to machines and looking like everything is being checked. I am not for signing him BTW it just seems we buy players in a arse about way at times. The premier league is no place for getting your fitness on the job..... We have seen that all season with Silva.

its more so that medicine and technology have advanced so much that an injury like this isn't hugely debilitating or career threatening.

i mean, we had an NFL player over here tear his ACL and come back after 8 months and win the MVP award. times have changed.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 am

What injury does he have ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sidSmith » Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 am

zuricity wrote:What injury does he have ?

Sure I heard it was a displaced kneecap.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:12 am

sidSmith wrote:

Top player with 12 months thereabouts on a treatment table. His ability is not in question for the record. fit will be the best in his position in the league.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby kennyboy » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

bigblue wrote:Three pages and not a single eurotrance youtube. How are we supposed to know how good he is?

Watch on youtube.com

Looks like an improved Fabregas.
Bring him on.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 25, 2016 9:44 am

Hazy2 wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

Top player with 12 months thereabouts on a treatment table. His ability is not in question for the record. fit will be the best in his position in the league.

Read somewhere that 6 months is a worse case scenario and that City are expecting him to be fit mid-August provided no set backs.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 27, 2016 1:26 am

Reports that the deal is for £17.8m with add ons that could go up to £20.1m.

This is a bargain price for a player of his qualities. Hard to complain about this signing if we have enough depth.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 27, 2016 1:38 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I hope.

No FFP?

Okay, it's not gone, but the rules are more relaxed and revenues so high mow that it matters much less.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ester-city

So why is everyone spending like it’s going out of fashion again?

Two reasons. One is that revenues have vastly increased, particularly in England with Premier League clubs eyeing another huge increase next season once the new £8bn-plus TV deal (including overseas rights) kicks in. That obviously gives them more cash to spend, even if they are aiming to break even, and fuels inflation.

And as transfer fees can be amortised over the length of a player’s contract, they can in effect start spending that cash now. The second is that Uefa earlier this year relaxed the FFP restrictions.

I tried to let this go because this subject infuriates me but I can't.

From UEFA's website:

"From June 2015, UEFA updated its regulations (as it does from time to time for all regulations) to address some specific circumstances with the aim to encourage more sustainable investment while maintaining control on overspending. Situations addressed include clubs requiring business restructuring, clubs facing sudden economic shocks and clubs operating with severe market structural deficiencies in their operating region. For the first time the work of the CFCB is potentially expanded to include clubs not yet qualified for UEFA competitions but who anticipate and want to participate at some stage in the future."

The same rules still apply to us as we don't fit into the above. Essentially what they've done is relaxed the rules for those wanting to make huge investment now, in other words their old mates in the G14 realised the rules were hindering them so they pleaded with them to relax them for their benefit and as usual UEFA were only too happy to oblige.

Don't kid yourself that the likes of Gill and his buddies won't try to nail City given the slightest chance.

As you say though our revenues are now that high that it is extremely unlikely that we'll fall foul again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sidSmith » Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Don't kid yourself that the likes of Gill and his buddies won't try to nail City given the slightest chance.

As you say though our revenues are now that high that it is extremely unlikely that we'll fall foul again.

Don't forget, we didn't fall foul of it last time. They moved the fucking goal posts to fuck us over.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 29, 2016 9:33 pm

PrezIke wrote:Reports that the deal is for £17.8m with add ons that could go up to £20.1m.

This is a bargain price for a player of his qualities. Hard to complain about this signing if we have enough depth.

105 appearances in 5 years at Dortmund. Stupidity beyond belief is plenty to complain about.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 29, 2016 10:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Reports that the deal is for £17.8m with add ons that could go up to £20.1m.

105 appearances in 5 years at Dortmund. Stupidity beyond belief is plenty to complain about.

That is not good. Sounds not to dissimilar to stats for Delph. Fingers crossed he doesn't go the same way as he does appear to be decent when he plays
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

That is not good. Sounds not to dissimilar to stats for Delph. Fingers crossed he doesn't go the same way as he does appear to be decent when he plays

As with all stats, there may be more than meets the eye. If he missed a whole season with a ligament injury 3 or 4 years ago, then there's little to worry about. If he only plays 15-25 games every single season, that's a real issue.

EDIT: Just checked Wikipedia and he only managed one league appearance 3 seasons ago. 73 games in all competitions over the last two years (48 in the league) sounds nowhere near as bad. 40 in all competitions this season just gone.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 30, 2016 1:33 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
As with all stats, there may be more than meets the eye. If he missed a whole season with a ligament injury 3 or 4 years ago, then there's little to worry about. If he only plays 15-25 games every single season, that's a real issue.

EDIT: Just checked Wikipedia and he only managed one league appearance 3 seasons ago. 73 games in all competitions over the last two years (48 in the league) sounds nowhere near as bad. 40 in all competitions this season just gone.

Fairly sure that somewhere in this thread someone's also said he had a back injury that was bad at the time but fully recovered from?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum