england v wales

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: england v wales

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 am

Herb wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Very poor keeping from Hart.
Totally undeserved lead for Wales.

This is what holds us back as a club - having a keeper who simply doesn't have the skills to play at the level we need.
Joe 'flapper' Hart; nice guy / one of the lads / a true blue / a club legend / everyone's favourite bloke / great short range stopper / excellent reaction saves / can't distribute / can't catch a ball / terrible positioning / shite with the ball at his feet / never commands his box / doesn't organise his defence / not good enough for us / only employed because he's English / would take a hike if he had any desire to see us have a truly great keeper / holding us back / be honest / get rid and move on. Ta

This took a while I must say ^^^^^
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am

Herb wrote:

This is what holds us back as a club - having a keeper who simply doesn't have the skills to play at the level we need.
Joe 'flapper' Hart; nice guy / one of the lads / a true blue / a club legend / everyone's favourite bloke / great short range stopper / excellent reaction saves / can't distribute / can't catch a ball / terrible positioning / shite with the ball at his feet / never commands his box / doesn't organise his defence / not good enough for us / only employed because he's English / would take a hike if he had any desire to see us have a truly great keeper / holding us back / be honest / get rid and move on. Ta

Interesting how you've gone missing after every league and CL game for the last 9 months.

Search the forum for "fuck off Herb" and you'll get a lengthy collection of Joes great plays.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
Herb wrote:

Interesting how you've gone missing after every league and CL game for the last 9 months.

Search the forum for "fuck off Herb" and you'll get a lengthy collection of Joes great plays.

Like.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:32 pm

I've got on my England head and not my City head when I say this: Shrek was superb in the Lampard role. He's been trying to play this way for years but the numb bastard was always too busy chasing every ball in the past. Yesterday, he showed for everything and used the ball brilliantly. It amazes me that people think he shouldn't be in the team or - in some instances - even the squad. I think he's comfortably the best outfield player The Owl has at his disposal.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:57 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I've got on my England head and not my City head when I say this: Shrek was superb in the Lampard role. He's been trying to play this way for years but the numb bastard was always too busy chasing every ball in the past. Yesterday, he showed for everything and used the ball brilliantly. It amazes me that people think he shouldn't be in the team or - in some instances - even the squad. I think he's comfortably the best outfield player The Owl has at his disposal.

Superb is pushing it a bit, did play well though. The thing with his switching of play is that his passes don't travel fast enough, he floats the ball rather than pings it and that gives oppo time to get set again, that's part of the reason why despite controlling the game England actually created fuck all clear cut.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I've got on my England head and not my City head when I say this: Shrek was superb in the Lampard role. He's been trying to play this way for years but the numb bastard was always too busy chasing every ball in the past. Yesterday, he showed for everything and used the ball brilliantly. It amazes me that people think he shouldn't be in the team or - in some instances - even the squad. I think he's comfortably the best outfield player The Owl has at his disposal.

Superb is pushing it a bit, did play well though. The thing with his switching of play is that his passes don't travel fast enough, he floats the ball rather than pings it and that gives oppo time to get set again, that's part of the reason why despite controlling the game England actually created fuck all clear cut.

I think he has done quite well also, but Russia were dreadful and without Bale I'm not sure about Wales either.
Proof of the pudding (see what I did there) will be when they get to the next rounds.
See how he gets on against the Italians or the Spanish or Germans.
He's definitely showing better form than you would have credited him with though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I think he has done quite well also, but Russia were dreadful and without Bale I'm not sure about Wales either.
Proof of the pudding (see what I did there) will be when they get to the next rounds.
See how he gets on against the Italians or the Spanish or Germans.
He's definitely showing better form than you would have credited him with though.

Not me. I think he's a great player when not deployed as a centre-forward.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:30 am

Must admit I agree he's clearly still the most intelligent player out there. Thing is, given his recent decline what does that actually say about our (England's) current crop of players...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Must admit I agree he's clearly still the most intelligent player out there. Thing is, given his recent decline what does that actually say about our (England's) current crop of players...

It says it all for me. People think Sterling is the biggest worry...yous have fuckin Chris Smalling and Gary Cahill in defence ffs!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:44 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Amazingly, England have only lost 3 competitive matches in normal time since October 2009...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:10 am

london blue 2 wrote:

I think 'decline' is a difficult word in reference to Rooney. He's been decent at best as a CF ever since that season he bagged a shitload when flanked by Tevez and Ronaldo. His gradual reinvention as an 8-cum-10 seems finally to be coming off; I think it's taken him a while to realise that he doesn't have to do everything at 110mph in this role.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 am

Stop all this rooney re-appraisal. He hasnt had anyone run past him. Hes had time to knock showboatyfloaty hollywood passes that dont help englands play. Pinging it to walker or rose who have to stand still to wait for the ball to arrive gives the oppo time to defend against a cross. England need to be higher tempo around the box its the only way for them.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:24 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Stop all this rooney re-appraisal. He hasnt had anyone run past him. Hes had time to knock showboatyfloaty hollywood passes that dont help englands play. Pinging it to walker or rose who have to stand still to wait for the ball to arrive gives the oppo time to defend against a cross. England need to be higher tempo around the box its the only way for them.

I'm an England fan and he's playing very well. Not arsed about saying so.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Stop all this rooney re-appraisal. He hasnt had anyone run past him. Hes had time to knock showboatyfloaty hollywood passes that dont help englands play. Pinging it to walker or rose who have to stand still to wait for the ball to arrive gives the oppo time to defend against a cross. England need to be higher tempo around the box its the only way for them.

He is playing very well. But KDB was outstanding against our lot yesterday and dog turd against Italy.
All I'm saying is I'll reserve reappraisal until the latter rounds.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:10 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

He is playing very well. But KDB was outstanding against our lot yesterday and dog turd against Italy.

Didn't think KDB was outstanding at all, thought he was good but that's the least I'd expect against such poor opposition. Not close to his best for me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

Didn't think KDB was outstanding at all, thought he was good but that's the least I'd expect against such poor opposition. Not close to his best for me.

In the context of this conversation FIBD, I figure his performance is elevated to outstanding.
In actuality, I wouldn't get excited about Belgium yet. I thought we were as poor as 2012. Not a lot has changed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

In the context of this conversation FIBD, I figure his performance is elevated to outstanding.
In actuality, I wouldn't get excited about Belgium yet. I thought we were as poor as 2012. Not a lot has changed.

Fair enough.

In regards where we're at, I'd say we're a bit better than 2012, we at least look like we carry a bit of threat although Cunt Cake effectively blunted us yesterday giving the Belgians the benefit of the doubt on almost every aerial challenge.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum