england v slovakia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

england v slovakia

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 am

Rumours are woy will be shuffling the pack. Not sure about that. Kane and sterling for vardy and sturridge should be the limit....but so far woy has given a good impression of a man who isnt quite sure he knows his onions are in fact onions.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Re: england v slovakia

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 am

Has the tear gas started yet? That's the only interesting thing prior to 8pm! I'm in total pundit avoidance these last 6 months.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:06 am

I would only make changes if we can do so without changing the system. The Russia result was disappointing but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we've played well in both games. Let's look to take that momentum forward. Bring in Clyne for Walker if need be but otherwise don't fuck about with the defence or midfield.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:33 pm

I hope they get beat so the City players can rest up. Until England pick a team not a clique, nothing will stop teams running past Rooney,when it gets serious.CM my arse !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I hope they get beat so the City players can rest up. Until England pick a team not a clique, nothing will stop teams running past Rooney,when it gets serious.CM my arse !

I bet you're a laugh to watch the footy with!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Slovakia are really shit , England aren't much better . This will be yet another a whole lot about nothing media wankfest .......... Zzzzzzzzz
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Beautifully negative thread so far. Are me and Beefy the only ones to give a shit about England?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:51 pm

It obvious Sturridge should start, maybe Vardy as well.

Even though he played well, I think Wooney is too much of a square peg for this lineup, much prefer to see Barkley given a run out with Dier and Alli behind him.

Sterling might be able to get out of the spotlight, thank god...but how the fuck has the Llama managed to escape criticism? He's been useless and went missing for large chunks of both games, at least Sterling never fucking hid.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:38 pm

I care and am enjoying it so far.

Like the options in the current squad and to be fait to granny shagger he's played well in both games
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Beautifully negative thread so far. Are me and Beefy the only ones to give a shit about England?

it's the fashionable thing to do advt and you know what a bunch of hipsters most folk on here are...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Beautifully negative thread so far. Are me and Beefy the only ones to give a shit about England?

it's the fashionable thing to do advt and you know what a bunch of hipsters most folk on here are...

Being savagely uncool obviously has its perks then because I've been able to enjoy the hell out England's tournament so far!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Being savagely uncool obviously has its perks then because I've been able to enjoy the hell out England's tournament so far!

voting out and hating the england football team is where it's at....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I've enjoyed their play so far as well. First half vs Russia was fantastic I thought.

What do they need to go through? I can't be arsed to look at the table and do the maths and I'm sure many of you know.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I've enjoyed their play so far as well. First half vs Russia was fantastic I thought.

What do they need to go through? I can't be arsed to look at the table and do the maths and I'm sure many of you know.

Cheers

Four of the six third places go through so, in all likelihood, we've probably got enough already. We wanna win the group, though, so a win would do nicely. Win the group and we could draw 3rd place from Portugal's shitty group next up.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Cheers

England just need to play like they have to win rather than jog to the finishing line. They arent good enough to be paying slovakia anything less than full respect and 6 changes derails any momentum the team might build up. I dont understand hodgson at all..its as if hes trying to be clever but has no real clue where he is heading. If hes fucked up tonight and england end up taking the hard path AGAIN when winning the group makes life a tad easier for him and the team its his head on the block.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Rumours are woy will be shuffling the pack. Not sure about that. Kane and sterling for vardy and sturridge should be the limit....but so far woy has given a good impression of a man who isnt quite sure he knows his onions are in fact onions.

Two new fullbacks, two new midfielders, two new attacking players. The rug wearing granny shagger is benched and so is Kane.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 pm

I havent cared too much about England since the millennium, but I hope they win tonight. I am on holiday in Dubrovnik and every Croatian waiter and bar man I have seen for the last few days has been telling me we will win easily. I hate it when England embarrass me on holiday; I watched us exit the WC in South Africa from a bar in Prague full of Brazilian bikers, very strange and shaming.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Skrotal to give a penalty away tonight.
What's the bets.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:53 pm

For only the second time in history the opportunity for 2 clubs to go into the knockout stages...ummm, well done BBC but NIR are still in with a shot.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Anyone else feel just a bit dirty cheering for a team playing in red?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum