Euro 2016: England v Iceland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Euro 2016: England v Iceland

Postby Herb » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:54 pm

We stood no chance in the comp with flapper Hart's shite distribution and comedy keeping - he managed to give a goal a game away and the defence was as nervous as hell with that clown behind them.

Just hoping the Pep picks up where Roberto left off - looking to buy a decent keeper for us!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:27 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
BookJunior wrote:Bloody awful performance and everyone behaved like headless chickens. The fault belongs to the players.

Apologies mate, not seen your name too many times but fucking really? You feel that 5 up front with 2 basic geriatrics in midfield,, conceding from the basics and allowing 3 of your seemingly game changers to have 10 minutes of pre-championship match play is a good idea I think you are barm cakes.

The players can be blamed Nate but fuck me, that was the most embarrassing exit I've ever seen.

Ps. The FA gave far more to answer for.

Yes I think that. The manager can do a certain amount but once the game begins his powers are limited.

It's a general principle.

But if his thinking is muddled and the preperation is half baked he is very lucky if the performances are anything other than that. IMO it was almost dereliction of duty by hodgson.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Herb wrote:We stood no chance in the comp with flapper Hart's shite distribution and comedy keeping - he managed to give a goal a game away and the defence was as nervous as hell with that clown behind them.

Just hoping the Pep picks up where Roberto left off - looking to buy a decent keeper for us!

Oh hi Herb, haven't seen you in awhile...

Ok, you can fuck off now
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Herb wrote:We stood no chance in the comp with flapper Hart's shite distribution and comedy keeping - he managed to give a goal a game away and the defence was as nervous as hell with that clown behind them.

Very poor from Hart, cost him team two goals. ( there's another keeper that cost his team two goals but we won't mention him ). His status as England's number one will definitely be debated now.

But Herbie, I think you'll find that his distribution was very good in this tournament with a pass accuracy of 76%. That's nearly 25% better pass accuracy than he managed in the Prem last season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Roy Hodgson has been spotted coming out of 10 Downing Street tonight. A spokesman said he was on the short list to be the next Prime Minister as he's a dab hand at leading England out of Europe
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Roy Hodgson has been spotted coming out of 10 Downing Street tonight. A spokesman said he was on the short list to be the next Prime Minister as he's a dab hand at leading England out of Europe

Cameron for next England manager?

Couldn't do any worse.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:21 pm

I've read an article that shows Hodgson is staggeringly incompetent so blame attaches to him.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:31 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -euro-2016

"Hart is too much of a risk to play for England any longer"

- Jamie Jackson
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am

PrezIke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/29/joe-hart-england-iceland-blunder-euro-2016

- Jamie Jackson

As far back as four years ago Hart made a similar error. Really, Jamie? You have to go back four years? Dickhead
nottsblue

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:00 pm

PrezIke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/29/joe-hart-england-iceland-blunder-euro-2016

- Jamie Jackson

Jamie rag Jackson is back with his bile. I've missed him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:12 pm

I would say in reply to that turd jackson that in fact rooney is too much of a risk to play for england, mainly because whatever system of play you can envisage englands next manager working on, he doesnt fit into it. Hart can only work towards eradicating the mistakes he made, because few would suggest he isnt the best keeper england have. If forster butland or heaton leapfrog him next season so be it...the next manager will be paid handsomely enough to make these decisions. Short term thats all we can expect, the manager getting the best out of the material at his diposal. Happens all over the world, at both club and international level, all the talk about grass roots etc has been done again and again, it wont help the next manager. He has to be single minded enough to do it his way and get the players together as a team. The results may not improve to the level some expect, its not about winning tournaments, because by now even the most blinkered england fan must realise we are on the periphery of top class...but, with good preperation, england can make progress....becoming a team...may take a fair while, but the groundwork must be done.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

- Jamie Jackson

Notice how he also doesn't allow comments when doing a hit job. Hart had a bad game but there's 7 or 8 other players who should be dropped before him. Shrek mainly, and Kane right behind him:

England would have easily beaten Iceland with Noble and Drinkwater in the midfield. Some actual graft and effort
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

- Jamie Jackson

When I see that snivelling little Rag bastard, I promise to knock his teeth down his rancid little throat. Absolute fuckwit of the highest calibre.

Hates us and is making a living from it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Heard today at work that at half time in the game, Harry Kane asked the ref if we lose are we out? Dont know if true or not. He does come across as a thicko so it wouldnt surprise me.

He has got away very lightly with his performance IMO
nottsblue

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:32 pm

They highlighted it before the game and woy (and rat boy) still couldn't work it out:

https://streamable.com/0efr
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Heard today at work that at half time in the game, Harry Kane asked the ref if we lose are we out? Dont know if true or not. He does come across as a thicko so it wouldnt surprise me.

He has got away very lightly with his performance IMO

That quote was shown to be a false one..what he actually said was "can I have a bucket of sand please mate my penalty kicks arent going high enough"
Bianchi on Ice

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum