Euro 2016: England v Iceland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Euro 2016: England v Iceland

Postby Dub City » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:27 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Kane Alli dier Rooney Sturridge all crap. Sterling not much better but got a goal.

I think our problem is complete lack of creativity in the centre. Really really poor stuff.

Kane was particularly shite. In each match if people were not talking about him taking set pieces they wouldn't have known what he had done. Static offering nothing from open play, make no excuses Sterling was poor but he had nothing to hit in the centre any time he was on the ball, but then again that wouldn't fit in with the media Spurs love in. And how shocking was walker on the first goal.

All we need now is Belgium knocked out next round get all the lads rested up and ready to go for Pep next season.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Can you make a badgers arsehole out of a sows ear?..woy did

Glass jawed team though..said it before
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Best team won, and both teams are poor.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 pm

What's happened to the Wiggy love-in, have they forgot his part?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby foreverblue » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:14 pm

I think Joe could find his career taking a bad turn very soon. It doesn't take much for an England goalkeeper to go from top dog to also ran mid table donkey. Hope he pulls it together sharpish.

As for the rest, a general lack of proper quality. They're not champions league winning standard. Germany have got the Bayern guys. Italy have the Juve guys etc. The best players in the premier league are not English. Worst of all they're not a team.
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What's happened to the Wiggy love-in, have they forgot his part?

He is such a leader though!...barf...no leaders at all out there. What a joke. Hodgsons performance from weeks before the tournament has baffled me. The whole thing was a shambles. Got to say hats off to Iceland. Their coach knew what he had to work with...as did Oneill with northern ireland...all i expect is someone at the helm who knows what he wants and who fits the bill within those parameters. If my centre forward is taking corners id be wondering why no one else can, and why id settled on that route. Thats just one thing that bugged me, and I know im not alone on that one.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:31 pm

brexit pt 2. Embarrassing
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:38 am

aaron bond wrote:
sidSmith wrote:I'm serious about the clap and chant thing. We need to make it ours!

It is brilliant!

https://streamable.com/pioh

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:37 am

Joe Hart diving backwards for the goal. WTF? Horrible technique.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:12 am

dazby wrote:Joe Hart diving backwards for the goal. WTF? Horrible technique.

Almost as bad as the defending in front of him.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:03 am

foreverblue wrote:I think Joe could find his career taking a bad turn very soon. It doesn't take much for an England goalkeeper to go from top dog to also ran mid table donkey. Hope he pulls it together sharpish.

As for the rest, a general lack of proper quality. They're not champions league winning standard. Germany have got the Bayern guys. Italy have the Juve guys etc. The best players in the premier league are not English. Worst of all they're not a team.

City ! Mid Table ? Pep out now !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:36 am

foreverblue wrote:I think Joe could find his career taking a bad turn very soon. It doesn't take much for an England goalkeeper to go from top dog to also ran mid table donkey. Hope he pulls it together sharpish.

Greg Dyke wants to fill the PL with those sort of players - only worse. Stupid ignorant cunt who should stick to TV and fuck off from football altogether - which he is, mercifully.

I've never seen anything like it - supposedly top players who can't pass a ball 5 or 10 yards. Kane makes me yearn for the days of Peter Crouch, terrible player. Hart cock-up but if not for him it could've been 4 as we never looked like scoring.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby MonchengladbachBlau » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:49 am

Had a quick review of the online press who are looking at the 'performances' by Rooney and Kane with their blind eyes.

The Telegraph does give him a 3 but hides from making the comment he was shite as a player and captain.

He (and others) never passed to Sterling when he was in good positions demanding the ball but the media says Sterling was 'hiding' - in open space?

Silva would have played him in all the time - fast players want and need the ball in front of them.
MonchengladbachBlau
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:11 am

john@staustell wrote:

Greg Dyke wants to fill the PL with those sort of players - only worse. Stupid ignorant cunt who should stick to TV and fuck off from football altogether - which he is, mercifully.

I've never seen anything like it - supposedly top players who can't pass a ball 5 or 10 yards. Kane makes me yearn for the days of Peter Crouch, terrible player. Hart cock-up but if not for him it could've been 4 as we never looked like scoring.

Dyke is credited as the man who dumbed down Terrestrial TV. He's a cunt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:56 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Dyke is credited as the man who dumbed down Terrestrial TV. He's a cunt.

And a rag to boot
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Dyke is credited as the man who dumbed down Terrestrial TV. He's a cunt.

And a rag to boot

He's a popularist cnut who made a few soundbites and talked to a few players in his time at the FA - then sat back and did fuckall about the state of the game in England. The sooner he sods off the better.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dimples » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:12 pm

predictable player ratings rubbish:
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/06/28 ... r-extreme/
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sidSmith » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Dimples wrote:predictable player ratings rubbish:
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/06/28 ... r-extreme/

Wow. Rooney - passed the ball well. What the fuck were they watching???
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Dub City wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Kane Alli dier Rooney Sturridge all crap. Sterling not much better but got a goal.

I think our problem is complete lack of creativity in the centre. Really really poor stuff.

Kane was particularly shite. In each match if people were not talking about him taking set pieces they wouldn't have known what he had done. Static offering nothing from open play, make no excuses Sterling was poor but he had nothing to hit in the centre any time he was on the ball, but then again that wouldn't fit in with the media Spurs love in. And how shocking was walker on the first goal.

All we need now is Belgium knocked out next round get all the lads rested up and ready to go for Pep next season.

Said it earlier in the thread. Tottenham boys apart from full backs were fucking awful. How dier and Alli escaped abuse is a joke. Added fuck all. As for Kane well the blame has to go with woy, allowing him that many set pieces was criminal.

Sturridge was the only player in the squad capable of creating. This is not progress.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
BookJunior wrote:Bloody awful performance and everyone behaved like headless chickens. The fault belongs to the players.

Apologies mate, not seen your name too many times but fucking really? You feel that 5 up front with 2 basic geriatrics in midfield,, conceding from the basics and allowing 3 of your seemingly game changers to have 10 minutes of pre-championship match play is a good idea I think you are barm cakes.

The players can be blamed Nate but fuck me, that was the most embarrassing exit I've ever seen.

Ps. The FA gave far more to answer for.

Yes I think that. The manager can do a certain amount but once the game begins his powers are limited.

It's a general principle.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum