so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:37 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:In his press conference was extolling the virtues of Fernandinho. Of all the players we have who he may convert into a defender the sound bite was that Fern would be the best fit. Great engine, tackler, passer and header were the attributes he mentioned. All of which the great defenders have

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/ ... 9543963424

He also hinted that Fernandinho could play at centre back next season and told journalists that he likes to convert midfielders into defenders for one very good reason…

Guardiola said: “I think Fernandinho can play in ten positions.

“He has the quality to play wherever. He could play at centre back. He’s a quick, fast player, so intelligent, aggressive and strong in the air.

“He has the quality to create good build-up. We think he can play there – maybe Fernando too but he’s not as quick. I like midfielders to play at centre back because they can play good passes.

So our bald midfielders all sounding like they could play in defence this season, hence why we may not really be in for any Full Backs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Still hasn't won, but he's gone and turned Delph into Messi:

https://www.facebook.com/FarPostFooty/v ... =2&theater
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Apparently a 15 minute call with Pep convinced Jesus to come to City. Even Neymar couldn't change his mind
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:21 pm

The look on his face and his actions after Iheanacho failed to square the ball to Delph yo wrap up the win was priceless. I have no doubt Iheanacho will be told in no uncertain terms the team is more important than individuals. How often do you see the front three at Barca and Bayern lay it on a plate for a tap in for someone else.

Joe has found out today the team plays in a certain way. You either adapt to it or you won't be in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:The look on his face and his actions after Iheanacho failed to square the ball to Delph yo wrap up the win was priceless. I have no doubt Iheanacho will be told in no uncertain terms the team is more important than individuals. How often do you see the front three at Barca and Bayern lay it on a plate for a tap in for someone else.

Joe has found out today the team plays in a certain way. You either adapt to it or you won't be in it

Said as much at the time to my son and then the camera cut to Pep basically indicating the same......he should have passed.
There's a lot out of today I liked, not least that you could see a managers signature on the style that the team were trying to play. I loved the discipline of the full backs tucking inside and automatically wheeling into cover the CB's coming out of defense with the ball.
It really does look like s system that will work when we have personnel that are willing and capable to play it.
If big personalities in the team cannot adapt they will be gone and there will be changes and new heroes.
I had wondered how Pep would do in England but I am optimistic that he will be successful. Now to safely negotiate the Steau tie.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:45 am

nottsblue wrote:The look on his face and his actions after Iheanacho failed to square the ball to Delph yo wrap up the win was priceless. I have no doubt Iheanacho will be told in no uncertain terms the team is more important than individuals. How often do you see the front three at Barca and Bayern lay it on a plate for a tap in for someone else.

I had a fiver on 3-1. Iheanacho is now off my Xmas card list.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I had a fiver on 3-1. Iheanacho is now off my Xmas card list.

Ouch
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Gaurdiola has had a few complimentary things to say publicly about Sterling.

It would seem he recognises that there's a real player in there somewhere and he's working hard to encourage and restore his confidence, to bring this out.

It'll be interesting, at the end of this season, to see by how much Sterling has progressed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Aguero and Nolito need a talking to as well as there was a couple of instances where the pass was the better option on the first half too
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Fantastsic article on our tactics against Sunderland:

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/08/14/ ... underland/

Some interesting bits:

...in the Premier League, where tactical adaptability (on a team and individual level) is less prevalent than in La Liga or the Bundesliga, slightly unusual build-up shapes have often proved successful. Brendan Rodgers & Roberto Martinez both found success with back three systems, but an inability to fine-tune these systems meant they were less successful after a period of 10-15 games. Pep Guardiola has proven his ability to understand the intricacies of a system and evaluate the problems within it. He will have no such problems.

Gael Clichy’s ability to control the ball and quickly turn is superior to that of Bacary Sagna. He has improved quickness & agility over his countryman, and can pass the ball from both feet. This allows him to be less predictable when receiving the ball with back to goal, whereas Sagna would regularly turn towards his right foot

Silva often moved into the vacated space out wide when Clichy moved inside...The space was then opened for Nolito to make a sharp movement inside, receiving the ball in a good position to immediately attack the goal.

On the other side, de Bruyne never made such a movement...Silva successfully used the positioning of Clichy to govern his own movement, but de Bruyne seemed unwilling or unable to make similar adjustments based on Sagna’s location. In many cases, John Stones’s options were limited as de Bruyne and Sagna would occupy the same passing lane.

One of the most common transition routes in English football is the lofted pass between the central defender and advanced full-back. Jamie Vardy has made a career out of getting on the end of these passes and isolating a central defender in a wide 1v1. With a full-back positioned in a more central area, this is much more difficult to accomplish.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Pep has just thanked Yayas agent for calling him a good coach ! he has also indicated Yaya needs to shed some timber to get in his squad, if I am reading the presser right.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pep has just thanked Yayas agent for calling him a good coach ! he has also indicated Yaya needs to shed some timber to get in his squad, if I am reading the presser right.

it's actually timbre moreso than timber tbf, tho the latter could result in the potential of the former...

To recap, really he just said he needs to be more active and run a lot more, and in the right ways i'd guess.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Pep has just thanked Yayas agent for calling him a good coach ! he has also indicated Yaya needs to shed some timber to get in his squad, if I am reading the presser right.

it's actually timbre moreso than timber tbf, tho the latter could result in the potential of the former...

To recap, really he just said he needs to be more active and run a lot more, and in the right ways i'd guess.

cheers

Yep, basically said Yaya is not fit and won't be considered for selection until he is. Him and Nasri are probably going to have to be gym buddies for the next fortnight
nottsblue

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

cheers

Yep, basically said Yaya is not fit and won't be considered for selection until he is. Him and Nasri are probably going to have to be gym buddies for the next fortnight

maybe they can share lifts to weight watchers?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:15 pm

This guy just doesn't take any shit does he ? I've never seen anything like it in football to be honest
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 pm

john@staustell wrote:This guy just doesn't take any shit does he ? I've never seen anything like it in football to be honest

I'd sooner have Yaya on board though John. I thought we were crying out for him last weekend. He would have had too much class for Sunderland, maybe he should feature in games like that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Bluedj » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:This guy just doesn't take any shit does he ? I've never seen anything like it in football to be honest

I'm so impressed. What a turn around from Pellers. So glad to have Peo. Think he'll be a major success
Buzzin
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:02 pm

"Yaya, until Aug. 31, is here,"

Wow.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:09 pm

PrezIke wrote:"Yaya, until Aug. 31, is here,"

Wow.

I can't see Yaya leaving. He won't get that sort of money in a decent league. I think Yaya and others may become involved after the transfer deadline if they stick it out. Pep may hope to force them out now so he can replace them but it may next season before he can have a proper clear out.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:"Yaya, until Aug. 31, is here,"

Wow.

I can't see Yaya leaving. He won't get that sort of money in a decent league. I think Yaya and others may become involved after the transfer deadline if they stick it out. Pep may hope to force them out now so he can replace them but it may next season before he can have a proper clear out.

Why the fuck did we make that deal with the Chinese company (?) if they can't even pull a few strings in China to make another rich fucker pay 40mil for Yaya? They are throwing money left right and centre anyway
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum