so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby Scatman » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Lee_R wrote:Hang on a minute, I'm confused here. During Peps interview with Noel, as we know he says that Pearce tried to sign him to play for City. He was 34 at the time so yes that makes sense.. BUT Pep then seems to be insistent.. 'But it wasn't here.. It was.. Not here' or something to that effect. Obviously he's not going on about Maine Road.. But I can't work out what he means. Unless he meant he trained at Carrington.. Hmm

He was speaking metaphorically I think
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 pm

zuricity wrote:i got real thirsty watching yaya run around CARL !

LOL.....About time he went to China isnt it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:53 pm

I do remember the Guardiola rumours. But lets face it anything that livened up Pearce's team would have been a godsend.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:i got real thirsty watching yaya run around CARL !

LOL.....About time he went to China isnt it.

i'll do a deal ... you buy the beer , i get the tickets
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Scatman wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Hang on a minute, I'm confused here. During Peps interview with Noel, as we know he says that Pearce tried to sign him to play for City. He was 34 at the time so yes that makes sense.. BUT Pep then seems to be insistent.. 'But it wasn't here.. It was.. Not here' or something to that effect. Obviously he's not going on about Maine Road.. But I can't work out what he means. Unless he meant he trained at Carrington.. Hmm

He was speaking metaphorically I think

He was on about his trial not being at the new training complex but at Carrington
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 am

One thing really bugged me in the Noel interview is that Pep said that he wanted to arrive in Manchester and to the Premier League without preconceptions and thus hadn't really done his homework ahead of his first day at the office. I hope this is bullshit and just something he has to say because he was under contract with Bayern until now. If it's true we might be in for a slow start.

When he went to Bayern he new half a year in advance and spent that whole time studying the team and the club, nit to mention learning German...

Apart from that it was a good interview with a few cringe worthy moments when he had no clue what Noel was actually asking him.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dimples » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 am

mr_nool wrote:One thing really bugged me in the Noel interview is that Pep said that he wanted to arrive in Manchester and to the Premier League without preconceptions and thus hadn't really done his homework ahead of his first day at the office. I hope this is bullshit and just something he has to say because he was under contract with Bayern until now. If it's true we might be in for a slow start.

When he went to Bayern he new half a year in advance and spent that whole time studying the team and the club, nit to mention learning German...

Apart from that it was a good interview with a few cringe worthy moments when he had no clue what Noel was actually asking him.

I guess he not only has his homework done but he has been indirectly involved for a while now.
City have spent 3+ years trying to get him.
Would not surprise me if Brown and Sterling were Pep signings, etc...
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:26 am

mr_nool wrote:One thing really bugged me in the Noel interview is that Pep said that he wanted to arrive in Manchester and to the Premier League without preconceptions and thus hadn't really done his homework ahead of his first day at the office. I hope this is bullshit and just something he has to say because he was under contract with Bayern until now. If it's true we might be in for a slow start.

Yes, but he took a year off from football. However, I think he is prepared with every aspect.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 am

Dimples wrote:

I guess he not only has his homework done but he has been indirectly involved for a while now.

I think so as well despite him saying several times that he wasn't.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am

mr_nool wrote:
Dimples wrote:

When you have a look at all the Spanish youth prospects we have, would not be surprised if this appointment was years in the making.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 am

Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dimples wrote:

When you have a look at all the Spanish youth prospects we have, would not be surprised if this appointment was years in the making.

I'd be astonished if it wasn't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:50 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dimples wrote:

I'd be astonished if it wasn't.

He probably knew more about the players than Pelligrini did, and i don't mean that in a bad way.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dimples wrote:

I don't think there's any doubt of that.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:54 am

His first presser is being live streamed 13:30 today

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... m-11583624
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 am

underfuckingwhelmed
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:38 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:underfuckingwhelmed

Looks to me like he's stealing a living here. Pep out!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:41 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:underfuckingwhelmed

Looks to me like he's stealing a living here. Pep out!

totally - he's not won a bloody game yet
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tony P » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:16 pm

And not scored a goal
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:56 am

But on the plus side, he's never lost to a part time side from Gibraltar.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Well according to the sun (yeah yeah I know!!!)

He's introducing a rule whereby all the team are to sit down together and have a meal within a hour of each match finishing.

Something he did at Barca and Bayern apparently?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum