Cityzen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cityzen

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Not for me, I don't want to give you £35 to be able to buy a ticket.Even with the free badge. Don't think I'll ever go to City again TBH.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Re: Cityzen

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Not for me, I don't want to give you £35 to be able to buy a ticket.Even with the free badge. Don't think I'll ever go to City again TBH.

Why not?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Coz I can see it on telly, and my house is somehow more exciting, and cheaper, than a trip to "The Etihad".

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ruralblue » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Nice to see you back on here man x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:06 pm

The membership is bullshit but necessary as we have seen many away fans our section. But 35 for a membership is absolutely shocking
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Spurge » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:36 pm

ruralblue wrote:Nice to see you back on here man x

My thoughts entirely.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:53 am

£35 same as last year. Which is a relief to be honest.

Renewal info was a little sketchy though. They said it would be renewed but I had to phone up to see if it would go straight out of my bank and they didn't even say how much. When I rang to confirm the chap said he would feed it back etc. blah blah blah

Ref Arjan's OP - the ticket system is shambles enough as it is for cups. If there were no membership scheme it would spontaneously combust.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:08 am

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:Coz I can see it on telly, and my house is somehow more exciting, and cheaper, than a trip to "The Etihad".

Yeah but to say u will never go again is a tad ott. Nothing beats going to a match, tv icoverage is great but so isgoing to a match, its an amazing experience especially if its only done occasionally. Personally would hate to think i didnt want to experiece that again.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:14 am

Spurge wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Nice to see you back on here man x

My thoughts entirely.

Indeed.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Bought tickets for the Bournemouth match as a Cityzen. No sign of the usual and promised email confirmation.

Just have to wait and see if the paper tickets come. Why are they paper tickets? I think its because they take so damn long to send out the new cards, going by last year
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The membership is bullshit but necessary as we have seen many away fans our section. But 35 for a membership is absolutely shocking

Is membership mandatory now in order to buy a ticket? If so, does that mean a supporter number without valid current membership can't get you a ticket any more?

I'm sure the 'City Card' that was issued from around 1997/98 was around £18 at the start, rising to £22-25 by the time we packed them in just before the move to the Etihad. It was actually a decent way to get almost-guaranteed tickets if you could only make it to 2 or 3 games per season.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:40 pm

No you can still get a ticket mate. But open sale doesn't usually have much of a choice. No chance for big games and if we have a good season they will all be quite difficult unless you go alone and can sit anywhere.

What we need is a new north stand........
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:No you can still get a ticket mate. But open sale doesn't usually have much of a choice. No chance for big games and if we have a good season they will all be quite difficult unless you go alone and can sit anywhere.

What we need is a new north stand........

Cheers.

I was corrected by my dad - the CityCard was actually FREE when we first got it, then rose to a fiver or something, and after that it rose again, but with £5 off per match ticket (from what I recall) until it went down to below a fiver (so, for example, if it was £18, you got £5 off your first 3 tickets), it would seem. Someone else on here might remember better than us.

Once we moved to the Etihad, there was no point getting it, as tickets for most matches ended up on open sale, even the derby.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Worth paying 35 quid just to not listen to shite live commentary and agenda on our live TV games . Day out for a home game and watch us play in the Etihad under pep this season isn't to be missed IMHO ! Also agree there is no other way of doing the Cityzens thing but maybe £25 is a fairer price ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:34 pm

City64 wrote:Worth paying 35 quid just to not listen to shite live commentary and agenda on our live TV games . Day out for a home game and watch us play in the Etihad under pep this season isn't to be missed IMHO ! Also agree there is no other way of doing the Cityzens thing but maybe £25 is a fairer price ?

£5, with evidence of previous attendance (with longevity taken as a factor, as well as regularity) through a supporter number should suffice to eke out the tourists. If you can only attend one or two games per season, and want this to guarantee tickets that coincide with a visit to Manchester, you could be paying close to £80 per ticket (assuming only the more expensive tickets are available by the time you've logged in and chosen seats) when this Cityzens thing is incorporated into the cost.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:14 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
City64 wrote:Worth paying 35 quid just to not listen to shite live commentary and agenda on our live TV games . Day out for a home game and watch us play in the Etihad under pep this season isn't to be missed IMHO ! Also agree there is no other way of doing the Cityzens thing but maybe £25 is a fairer price ?

£5, with evidence of previous attendance (with longevity taken as a factor, as well as regularity) through a supporter number should suffice to eke out the tourists. If you can only attend one or two games per season, and want this to guarantee tickets that coincide with a visit to Manchester, you could be paying close to £80 per ticket (assuming only the more expensive tickets are available by the time you've logged in and chosen seats) when this Cityzens thing is incorporated into the cost.

they should load the cityzen card with £35 of credit to be spent in the club shop / bars...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I have to admit I have gone thorough all various options for membership over last few years (without having a season ticket ). I’ve not had a Cityzen card for a couple of years, but I have gone for it this year. I think we will get a lot of tourists next year (home and away), and I want to make sure that I have a chance of getting a ticket. I’m not so worried about getting a ticket at the Etihad, but I think it will help for the away games in London. I couldn’t really afford 35.00, but that only works out to be seven pints at my local, so I just need to have a quiet weekend, and it will all work out 

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:20 pm

I should point out you do still get a fiver off match tickets. The reduced price is automatically shown when you log in.

So 7 matches and you have your money back
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:I should point out you do still get a fiver off match tickets. The reduced price is automatically shown when you log in.

Didn't know that, cheers. Admins please delete :-)

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:09 am

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I should point out you do still get a fiver off match tickets. The reduced price is automatically shown when you log in.

Didn't know that, cheers. Admins please delete :-)

pmsl....Ive missed you , you fucker!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum